Hollowed Hearts

Hollowed Hearts Zacky Vengeance 10

Ari's POV
The wost thing about hangovers is that if you get drunk enough, you can't remember shit about what happened. In other words, if you are drunk enough, someone could give you a bowl of shit, tell you its chocolate, so you would eat it. And 99.9% of the time, you would eat that bowl of shit, thinking it was chocolate and not even remember you had even had it. Who knows, with the taste I have in my mouth.....well....I could've had a whole buffet of it.
Another horrible thing about hangovers, you lie down, you stand up, you walk around, you do a hand stand, whatever. You still have a bloody fucking headache.
And probably the worst thing - even more horrible than the first two - is that at least once in your life when you get drunk, you will wake up and not recognize where the hell you are..........
*****
"Ari? You alive?"
"Go away!" I heard a soft chuckle.
"Ari? Come on wake up." Is that Syn?
"Why?"
"I'm bored." Yeah, it's Brian. Of course.
"I care why?"
"Cause your the only person, other than me, whose not in a drunken coma."
"Turn off the lights and I'll briefly consider getting up in an hour." I could almost hear his eyes rolling. But the bed evened out when he stood up and behind my eye lids, I saw the lights go out. Whew.
"So.....is Zacky ok?"
Brian sighed and sat on my bed again, making me jump slightly in the air. My head pounded and I moaned feverishly, bringing my hand up to my eyes.
"Oh come on. The lights aren't even on." He said jokingly. Blindly, I reached over to slap him but he grabbed my hand easily. Gently but with a firm grim, he pulled me into a sitting position, my head still pounding like it did when I woke up. God, that party wiped me out.
"Ouch. My head....hey, why aren't you in pain?" Brian shook his head and stood up.
"I couldn't even sleep. I've been so fucking bored out of mind."
"And I'm supposed to help you in my drunken stupor how?" He shrugged and walked over to the couch, turning on the tv.
"I dunno. You'll think of something." I groaned and stood up slowly, ignoring the pain in my body so I could make my way to the bathroom. Turning on the water was a huge mistake because it was loud and it hurt my ears. Searching through the cabinets, I found a box if ear plugs and shoved them tiredly in my ears. Because there is no way I am going to last through this day without 'em.
Pulling off my PJs, I slipped my toes into the hot water gently, a slight tremor moving through my body. It wasn't that it hurt, it was just really hot. I eased myself carefully into the water and let out a sigh as I laid my head on the back of the tub. I smiled to myself, enjoying the warm water and happy that I could ignore the rest of the world for awhile. It was just me. Me alone.
*****
"Feeling better?"
"Oh yeah." I said, pulling the robe around me a little tighter. My hair was swept up in a hair clip and still dripping water down my neck. I walked over to Brian lounging on the couch, eating potato chips and watching some racing movie.
"Brian, you sure you don't wanna try sleeping?" He nodded, his attention completely engulfed in the movie. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the potato chips, taking a bite into one and realizing they were a little stale.
"Eww...."
"Shh!" I glared at Brian who was still very into the movie. One by one, I began picking the biggest chips in the bag and throwing them at Brian until he glared back at me and told me to stop. So I stopped....throwing the chips at him.
I picked another chip up and threw one at the tv.
"Oh come on Ari. I'm trying to watch!"
"Nuh-uh. You told me you were bored and you woke me up to hangout with you. Now? Your just ignoring me." He stayed silent. "Great, I can see where are friendship stands." Brian rolled his eyes and muttered something about me being dramatic. But he took the remote and turned off the tv, looking at me with a sad face.
"There. Ya happy?" I nodded and smiled.
"Very. But I wanted to ask you something....." He nodded, looking suspicious. "Zacky's not in my room." I stated. Brian nodded. Rolling my eyes, I stared at him for a good ten seconds until he answered.
"Oh! You wanna know where he is?"
"No, I never wanna see him again. God Brian, you really need to get some sleep." Brian glared at stood up.
"I do not. You didn't even ask me a question!"
"Whatever Brian. Can you just tell me where he is?" Brian thought for a second.
"Now that I think about it, I didn't see him for most of the party.....but I think he crashed in Johnny's room. Or Jimmy's maybe.....I dunno. I can't remember." A funny feeling grew in my head and I felt really sick.
"Ugh, Brian my head hurts." Before I knew it, he came back with a bucket and dropped it carelessly at my feet, sitting down next to me. His arm wrapped around my shoulders and he pulled me close to him, rubbing his fingers through my hair.
"You want me to sing?" Whenever I was sad or I didn't feel well, Brian would sing to me. It was kind of our thing, something I never did with Zacky because his words were enough. But Brian's singing always worked for me, so I nodded.
He closed his eyes and laid his cheek on the crown of my head, continuing to stroke me until he cleared his throat.
Brian's POV
'Passion in my eyes, I lived it everyday, but how could you go throw it all away?
In my dreams it's me and you, it's there I saw it all come true
As time went by faith in you grew, so one thing's left for me to do'

When we first wrote this song, I thought my heart would break in two.

'I feel it burn inside, burn in me like the rising sun
Lifted into the sky, took away the only thing I loved
I know after tonight all your power crumbles in my arms
So don't worry, I'll be fine, when my life ends, I'll leave this scar'

They couldn't possibly knew I remember thinking. Why would Matt write something like this? It was to taunt me, torture me, wake my inner demons and make my life a living hell. Betrayed. I was Betrayed.

"And I felt down I need you there. Every note and every word seems so hard to take
Finally, we're destined."

This was the most difficult song for me to play. Because it reminded me so much of my fucked up love life. I'm never gonna get what I want.

'A smoking gun in hand, now don't you realize what you've done
Put a bullet in his back, your hero since you were so young
How could you kill the man who brought salvation through your pain
He must mean everything to end it all this shameful way'

Ari looked up at me with wide eyes, after I stopped singing. I swallowed, trying not to look away because she would see something was wrong...and I wasn't sure if I wanted her to know just yet. But when she looked me in the eyes like that, it was to much for me. I couldn't stand it.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took me so long to post this. i just got back from my vacation & im super jetlagged. :| this chapter isnt life-or-death but its important. u'll definitely see it all revealed in ch.11 & 12. oh btw, i wont have zacky's pov as much he'll appear more later. so hope u enjoy! :D
constructive criticism= :)