‹ Prequel: All I Ever Wanted
Status: Finished

11:11

13

“Honestly Alex, I really think that you’re over-reacting!”

“Over-reacting! Are you kidding me?! You tell me that you’re pregnant and I’m over-reacting!?”

“It’s not that big-”

“Don’t even think about finishing that sentence!”

He stares me down, and now I’m slightly afraid of him. Never have I ever been afraid of him.

“Alex?” I say quietly, but he just sends me a glare.

“Get rid of it.”

“Get rid of it? Are you serious?”

“Yes, I’m dead serious, Alexis.”

I sit up, cold sweat running down my face. My hearts beating what feels like ten times the normal rate and I want to throw up. I can still feel the fear that I felt in the dream. I try to completely convince myself that it was only a dream, but I’m still flipping out. I’m breathing hard and my throat is really dry.

Why the hell did I even have that dream in the first place? I’m not pregnant, I know I’m not. And besides, there’s no way that Alex would ever react the way he did in the dream. He’s never gotten so mad at me in real life. Maybe I shouldn’t eat ice cream before bed…

I get out of my bed and wander down to the kitchen to get some water. When I flip the lights on, I see the mess that Luke and Max left behind. There are bowls all over the kitchen table and they even left out the ice cream.

I get my water and take the time to clean the dishes and put everything away. When I’m done I walk into the living room. Luke and Max are sleeping on the couch with Finding Nemo playing on the TV. Luke is lying right on top of Max, and I’m thinking that that can’t be all that comfortable.

I turn the TV off and when I turn to walk back up the stairs, I hear Luke call out my name.

“Are you okay?” he asks when I turn around. His voice is raspy from sleeping.

“Yeah. I’m fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. Go back to sleep.”

He shrugs and puts his head back down on Max’s chest. So maybe I should have told Luke about my dream, but then I would have to re-live it, and I really don’t want to. I never want to see the anger in Alex’s eyes again.

**

“You’re being really quiet… Are you sure everything’s fine?”

I bite my lip at Alex’s persistent questioning. We’re on the phone and it’s 9:30 PM. I was out all day with Luke and Ryder and I’m really exhausted.

“I’m okay. Just didn’t sleep very well last night.”

This statement is partially true. My stupid nightmare kept me up the rest of the night, but that’s not the reason I’m being so cold towards Alex. I just don’t really know what to say to him right now.

“Why not? Are you feeling alright?”

“Yes.”

“Then what’s happening? You’re obviously not okay right now.”

“I just had a really bad dream, okay?”

My confession comes out sharp and I feel awful the second I finish it.

“Oh… do you want to like… talk about it, or something? Lex, I’m always here for you, you know that.”

“I know.”

“Come on. Tell me about it.”

“You really want to know?”

I know I’m being a total bitch and completely unfair. But I’m really upset over that dream, exhausted from not getting any sleep, and I think I can bitch for a minute.

“Um… I think so, yeah.”

“I told you I was pregnant, and you flipped.”

“I… I flipped?”

“Yes. You got pissed and told me to get rid of it.”

“Oh…”

He trails off and I just know I’ve just made everything really tense and awkward. And I am really not in the mood to fix it.

“Yes. You asked, and now you know.”

“I know. I know I asked, okay?”

“Well then what do you have to say about it?”

“God, Lex, I don’t fucking know, okay! It was just a dream!”

“So what if it was just a dream, Alex?! Seriously, it scared the crap out of me. What if that happens?”

“What if what happens? You get pregnant and I tell you to get an abortion?! Seriously, Alexis, I would think you would know me better than that! Especially since we basically already went through that already!”

“This time it’s different, okay?” I lower my voice because I can hear my brothers on the other side of my door whispering to each other. “This time… I don’t know why, but it’s just different.”

“Different? I do not even understand you right now.”

“I’m just feeling really… weird right now. I’m exhausted and I’m sick of talking about this dream. Luke and Ryder have already analyzed it enough and-”

“Ryder? What are you doing with Ryder?”

“He’s my friend.”

“He’s also the guy you cheated on me with.”

“Fuck. Alex, I’m hanging up.”

“Whatever. Seriously, just go talk to Ryder about your problems, because that seems to be what you’d rather do anyway.”

I hear the dial tone. He hung up on me. What else did I expect? Him to do all the work and fix every little thing that went wrong during that one phone call?
♠ ♠ ♠
Fighttt ):

<333 leave lots of comments and the update will come on Sunday! Maybe even Saturday!

Oh, and I have another Alex story going on. It's called Learning to Fall . (click that).. Go check it out if you have time (: