‹ Prequel: All I Ever Wanted
Status: Finished

11:11

15

“God Damnit! We’re out of peanut butter again!”

I slam the empty jar down on the kitchen counter. Seriously, I told those fuckers that this was my jar of peanut butter. They didn’t listen!

“I was so hungry!” I hear Jack yell from the living room. Oh, he’s dead.

“What, so you go and eat what is rightfully mine? I went out and bought that jar of peanut butter! Now all I have is bread and jelly! That’s disgusting!”

“Shut up, Alex,” Zack says, walking into the kitchen. “Go out and buy another jar.”

“Do I look like I’m dressed to go out?!”

He looks over my clothes. “You’re barely dressed at all. Put some clothes on and get what you need!”

“Fuck you,” I mutter. I hate all of them right now.

“Aww, Alex!” Jack shouts after me as I walk through the living room to get to the stairs. “I’m sorry!”

“I hate you.”

“Aww.”

“Is that all you have to say for yourself?”

“Yeah.”

“Fuck you.”

*recording studio, 8:45pm*

“No, you’re supposed to sing it this way,” Zack interrupts me, and proceeds to sing the chorus the ‘correct’ way. I just roll my eyes and wait for him to finish. I know how to sing it, thank you very much. I did, after all, write the damn thing.

“Alex, what time is Alexis getting here?” Rian asks in the middle of Zack’s singing, earning him a glare.

“Her flight lands at 10, I think. I wasn’t sure if we’d stuck here recording, so I sent a car for her…”

“Oh, okay… just wondering. Is Shannon coming at all, Jack?”

I glance towards Jack’s seat and see that he’s asleep. His head is lying on the table and his arms are hanging by his sides.

“No,” I answer for him. “She’s got to work. Is Kat coming?”

“Nope. She has work too.”

“So Alexis is the only one?”

“Yeah.”

“Awesome.”

“Alex!”

I look to my left, searching for the little boy who just called out my name. He’s our producer’s son, Andrew.

“Hi, Andrew!” I exclaim, almost automatically using the sickeningly sweet voice people use around kids. I’ve been spending way too much time with this little guy.

Andrew crawls up into my lap and grabs the hat I was wearing off of my head and puts it on his own. “Can I wear this?”

“Sure.”

He’s only 4 and he’s the cutest little kid I’ve ever seen. He sits quietly for about ten minutes, and then, as I expected, he starts talking.

“When’s Daddy gonna be done working?”

I ruffle his brown hair and shrug. “I don’t know, buddy. Soon, though, I hope.”

He leans his head on my shoulder and closes his eyes, and I’m really hoping that he’ll fall asleep. He usually does around this time, but I stupidly gave him sugar a little bit earlier, so I don’t know what’s going to happen now.

“He’s going to be really sad when you leave, Alex,” Zack tells me, tuning his guitar to sound exactly the way he wants.

“Yeah, I know…”

I feel bad that I’m leaving him soon. I admit I have grown slightly attached.

**
ALEXIS

The rental car pulls up outside a small two story house. The porch lights are on and the front door is open. Before I even open the car door, I see Jack peering out through the window like a total creeper.

I thank the driver and get my bags out of the trunk before starting to walk up the walkway. Jack comes out as I reach the steps.

“I’ll take them,” He says, taking both of my bags.

“Aww, thank you Jack. Where’s Alex?”

“You’ll see.”

I narrow my eyes, but I follow him inside anyway.

“Alexis!”

I smile at Zack who’s sitting in on the floor in front of the couch playing some video game with Rian. Then my eyes land on Alex, who’s passed out in the recliner with a little boy lying on top of him. . .

“Whose kid is that?” I ask.

“Oh, he’s our producer’s son. He loves Alex,” Rian informs me, and I find myself smiling.

Alex looks so cute with a little kid.

“Alright boys, I’m leaving,” someone says from behind me. I turn around and see a guy who looks like he could be a few years older than Alex. “You must be Alex’s girlfriend. I’m David, the producer,” He says to me, holding out his hand. I nod and take his hand. “Anyway, boys I will see you tomorrow, bright and early.”

“Yeah, yeah. See ya, David,” Jack says as David goes over and picks up the little boy. He doesn’t wake up, but Alex does.

“Alexis!” he shouts, and then gets up from the recliner and makes his way over to me. “I can’t believe you’re here!”

His arms wrap around me and I laugh. “Yeah, and I see you made a new friend,” I say, pointing to the little boy in David’s arms.

“Oh, yeah,” he says. “That’s Andrew. He loves me.”

“So I’ve heard. I can’t believe you were trusted with him.”

“Well, you know. I’m a very mature person now.”

“Yeah… sure.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Nothing really important in this chapter.. it kind of just informs of you what Alex is doing... but i got so many comments that i wanted to update for you guys (:

keep it up with the commenting!! the more i get the faster i update