‹ Prequel: All I Ever Wanted
Status: Finished

11:11

18

“If you could pick one movie to describe your life, what would it be?”

I close my eyes and think hard. It’s a tough question. I feel Alex sit up on his towel and brush the sand off of his legs.

“A movie to describe my life? I don’t know… what would you pick?”

“Finding Nemo.”

“You suck. That’s not a good choice at all.”

I hear him laugh and decide to open my eyes. He’s leaning over me and his eyes are bright with laughter. I haven’t seen him this happy in a long time.

“Yeah it is. So like, here’s why. I feel that it describes both of us. Because you know, Marlin has to go through a lot to get back Nemo. I had to go through a lot to get you back, and keep you, and just…. I feel like it suits us.”

“You thought a lot about this, didn’t you?”

“No… okay maybe.”

“You’re the biggest loser I know.” I can’t help but laugh when he pouts like a two year old who isn’t allowed to have ice cream. “But, you know how much I love you.”

“Yeah… I know… But not as much as I love you,” he points out.

“Are you really trying to start an ‘I love you more’ contest? You would lose.”

He shakes his head violently and picks up a handful of sand. “I would win. Because honestly, I don’t think anything could compare to how much I love you.”

“Alright, enough. You’re being a total sap.”

He shrugs and lets the sand run through his fingers, ending in a small pile right back where it had come from. We both look up when we hear someone shrieking down by the water. Jack is chasing Shannon around and trying desperately to get her to go into the water.

“She’s coming to visit us in the studio next week.”

I bite my lip and try not to show how much it really bothers me when he talks about this.

“Yeah… I know. You’ve said.”

“I’m sorry… I just… really want you to be there for when we put the finishing touches on.”

“I know, and I really, really want to be there too. It’s just not an option. My finals are starting next week. I have my art final the same day as your last day in the studio. I just can’t be there.”

I hear him sigh and he lies back down on his towel. “I understand. It’s hard. I hate being away from you.”

“But, if you think about it… Once I finish my finals, I’ll be all yours…”

“Until September.”

“Alex, that’s like 5 months away. Can we be happy for right now? We’re on vacation.”

“Yeah… Yeah you’re right. The album drops at the end of August. Then we have to start touring…. I’m actually really nervous about it.”

“Don’t be,” I say, lying down next to him. “You’re one of the better bands out there. You guys are going to be fantastic.”

“Surprisingly, that’s not what I’m nervous about.”

He rolls over so he’s lying on his stomach and puts one hand on my stomach and the other near my head. He tilts his head to the side and smiles.

“What are you nervous about, then?” I ask, slightly confused. What else could he possibly be concerned about?

“Tell me this – how hard do you think it’s going to be to go without you for months at a time?”

“Oh,” I say, understanding. “Well, I can visit.”

“Yeah, you could. But you’ll be in school probably. You can’t take time off school just to see your boyfriend in a band.”

“I’m confused. What are you nervous about? Not seeing each other for months or our relationship?”

He bites his lip and I know the answer.

“Alex… we’ve been through way too much for this.”

“I know. I’m just worried that while we’re separated something’s going to happen.”

“Nothing is going to happen. I am going to visit you as much as I can, and seriously, you will probably get sick of me. That would be the only real issue I think we’ll be having.”

“I doubt that. I’m going to need to see you like every other day. You need to invest in a webcam.”

“You’re ridiculous. I love you. Nothing’s going to change that.”

“What about Ryder?” he teases.

“Ryder… he’s my friend, Alex… I would never put you through anything like what I did again. That was… the dumbest thing I ever did and-”

“I know, I know,” he says, tracing a pattern on my stomach. I try to push his hands away because it tickles, but he doesn’t budge. “I actually had a nice little talk with Ryder.”

“Excuse me?”

He smirks at me and then puts a small kiss on my forehead. “Relax, baby. It’s all okay. I just… wanted to discuss a few things with him, that’s all.”

“What’d you say?”

“I just made sure that he understands that I love you, and that even if he claims to love you like I do, there’s no possible way. Because I adore you more than words can even explain.”

“And… what’d he say?”

“He was actually very nice about it. He said that he understands.”

My eyes narrow and he smirks. “Are you lying to me?”

“Why would I lie, Lex?”

“It just doesn’t sound like something Ryder would do. He doesn’t back down easily.”

“I may or may not have threatened him.”

“Alex!”

“I said ‘may or may not’. You’ll never really know.”

“Oh, I’ll just ask him!”

“He won’t tell you.”

“You’re unbelievable.”

“But you love me.”

“Yeah, I do.”

“Do you want to go back to the hotel now?”

I nod and he helps me up from the towel I was lying on. “What are we doing when we get back to the hotel?”

“Well, I have some plans. And they may or may not involve clothes…”

“You’re so gross, Alex!”

He laughs and moves out of the way before I can hit him. “I’m sorry. I’m just being honest. Hey, should we tell them that we’re leaving?”

He motions towards Jack and Shannon who are now having a water fight.

“No, they’ll figure it out when they see that we’re gone.”

He nods in agreement and picks up both our towels and my beach bag. “Don’t worry, I’ll carry everything,” he tells me sarcastically.

“See, I knew there was a reason I’m so in love with you.”

“Oh, there are so many more reasons.”

“Yeah… maybe it’s the fact that you’re still a total 12 year old and wish at 11:11?”

“Hey! I don’t do that anymore! And you used to do it too!”

“Yeah… and then I got what I wished for.”

“You wished for a guy like me? Not your best wish,” he jokes.

“No, I didn’t wish for a guy like you.”

For a second he looks upset. “What?”

“I wished for you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hateee this ending! But i couldn't do it any better, so whatever.

Alright, so the next chapter will be the last! I'm actually really sad about it! Most of you guys said that a sequel would probably not be a great idea, and I have to agree. Plus, now i can focus on new stories. (:

Leave comments <333