‹ Prequel: All I Ever Wanted
Status: Finished

11:11

2

“Holy shit!”

Jack’s profanity manages to go from the living room all the way up to my bedroom. My eyes snap open at his next words – ‘Alex! Zack! Rian!’ – and I rub the sleep from them. I came up here to take a nap after practice and that was at 5:30. I roll over and look at the clock. 11:11. Wish time. Well, I wish that Alexis would fucking come home already so I can return to my normal self. Or at least have the decency to contact me. Either one is good.

Whatever. Maybe she’s busy. Busy with Ryder, I bet. I may or may not stalk that kid’s facebook page, but I happen to know for a fact that she is in his profile picture. It could mean nothing. Maybe I’m overreacting-

“Alex! Get your fat ass down here!”

This time it’s Rian calling me, and he sounds pretty serious. I guess I should grace them with my presence if they want it that badly.

“What the fuck do you want?” I ask when I step into the living room. They look up at me and I see Rian holding back laughter.

“You look like shit,” Zack says in a monotone voice, and I just shrug.

What do they expect from me?

“Whatever! Who cares?! The vice president of Hopeless just emailed me!”

Jack is across the room and pulling me in for a hug – if that’s what you want to call it – in seconds.

“Hopeless? As in Hopeless Records?”

“Yeah! He loved our cover of ‘Umbrella’!”

“Wait,” I say, slightly confused. “You sent our cover of that?”

“Yes…”

“Jack, that’s not our best stuff!”

“I know, but he liked it!”

I can’t help but smile. He may have done something without asking us first, but it obviously worked. Jack sees my smile and sighs with relief.

“I thought that you’d be mad. But, anyway, we’re going to New York tomorrow night!”

New York? No thank you.

“New York? Are you kidding me?”

Zack, Jack and Rian all look at me. Jack looks uncomfortable and Rian doesn’t look phased. Zack is the one who talks first.

“Alex, what are the chances of you seeing that bitch? It’s a big city!”

“Don’t talk about her like that!”

I don’t know why I’m defending her. She has been a bitch to me. But I do, because I love her, and I don’t want anybody talking shit about her.

“Alex… I don’t think she’s coming back for you,” Jack says, hugging me again. I push him away.

“You don’t know that. Maybe she was busy and didn’t have the time to visit before! You don’t know anything until it happens, alright?”

I don’t why I’m saying these things – my faith in Alexis has seriously faded.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's so short... the next ones will be longer =]