Status: finished <3 other stories are to be read, so go go go!

We Can Drown the Town With Our Voices

16.

Birds were chirping loudly outside of my window, I stretched myself out and wiggled my toes. I wiggled them once again. I had no shoes on, that was weird – wasn't I with Oli last night? I closed my eyes and tried to think back real quick, all I could remember was that he caught a bug and we made our way home; I must have fallen asleep. I lifted the covers to see that I was still fully clothed; thank god. He must have taken me to my room and put me to sleep and went back to his apartment, I looked around to see if he was still in my room and he wasn't.

I pulled on some flats and pulled myself out of the ‘door’ window. That’s what it was, a door – it was how we made contact with each other. I walked to his window, it was open, that just wouldn’t do – what if a burglar came? I looked around – it was okay, not as clean as I had it before but not as bad as it was before. I walked around the T’s that were on the ground and went into his room.

His room was dark like, I heard a faint sound of music humming in the background. My target was lying on his side with a pillow covering his head. I could see some of his precious artwork but I quickly became distracted by the way his back arched beautifully. This man was a fine specimen indeed he was, if only he would give up some of his nasty habits. I crouched low and traced my index finger up and down the curve of his back. Light goose pimples were forming on his skin and I saw a shoulder muscle spasm. I pressed my finger into his shoulder and started to nudge him, “Oliver, wake up.”

His eyes started to flutter over and he turned his upper body to face me. His colorful chest pieces caught my eye again and I just couldn’t help but look. “Shay? What do you want? It’s probably only 7.” He tried to pull the cover over himself; I stopped him and slid into his bed behind him. My arms wrapped underneath his arms and I clasped at his shoulders. His head twisted halfway to face me, “What are you doing?”

I pressed my cheek against his back; he rolled over, his chest in front of my face. “Thanks for putting me to bed last night. I know I'm like a little kid.”

He shrugged at me and pulled the blanket over us. “It doesn’t matter so don’t worry about it.” I squeezed his nose and he nibbled at his lip making it fuller than usual. “All you have to worry about is the fact that you are gaining some weight. Its piling up on your hips – love handles, not so great for lifts.”

I frowned at him, “Well if we are being honest – your music sucks.” It was his turn to frown.

“You snore, very loudly.”

“Your hair is oily and your breath smells.”

“You’re uptight.”

“You’re a prick.”

We glared at each other until he looked up and sighed. His eyes looked back at mine and our gazes locked. “So you really think my music sucks?”

I scoffed at him and cleared my throat. I didn’t want to be mean but I really wasn't one for his playing. My rubbed at my face and looked back at him nodding my head. “Yes I'm sorry; I love your bass and some of the beats if only they were quieter, but when you get down to it, your screams made me get headaches.”

He pushed the covers off of himself; his body was bare, he only had a pair of blue boxer-briefs on. “Come with me.” I rolled out of the bed and followed him into the living room. He pulled out a guitar from the side of the couch and set it in his lap. “Sit down.” I sat. “I don’t play very well but deal with me.” He started to strum away at the guitar, he wasn't lying – he didn’t play very well. He started to murmur out the few words, lyrics pouring out of his soul. He didn’t sound like this last night, his voice was still husky and rough but so much sweeter. I could understand him, the words were smooth.

I placed my hand over his strumming fingers to make him stop. “Why don’t you play like that all the time?”

“It’s an anger release.” He shrugged ad if that was the best answer he had.

I sighed and moved my hands away from him. “You got me now – your music is lovely.”

He set the guitar aside and nodded, “Good – now let’s get you ready to go to a concert.”

“Can we eat first?” I stood up and he followed my lead.

“Sure, your apartment?” I nodded at him and he slung his arm around my shoulder as we walked our way up into my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you abby! you are my faithful reviewer! <3 <--thats for you.
264 readers and 50 subscribers! i dont know if it may be alot to you but its many for me!
i am so grateful, thank you guys for sticking with my junk writing.

also, read other stories? ;D

commentcommentcomment.

LOVE YOU ALL!