Status: finished <3 other stories are to be read, so go go go!

We Can Drown the Town With Our Voices

21.

The lights were shining down, so bright and warm. I was clasping my hand together trying to remain calm as the auditorium was filling up. My light green attire was flowing type or silk fabric, that barely grazed my knees. I had nude tights on and my ballets shoes were a light green. My group had stretched and practiced all day, tonight was going to go great I know that but my nerves were hitting me for two completely different reasons.

One was the fact that I loved to dance but doing it in front of people was something completely different to me. My parents were also here tonight, they were the snobby ones that sat in the booths on the higher levels, they always thought they were better. I was surprised that they even bothered to come and see me perform. I knew they hated the fact that I danced but they had put up with it over the years, it was one of the few things that I could argue constantly about with them.

The second was that my heart was beating so hard for the hope that Oliver would take hint to the note and come by. I couldn’t see him here watching me perform but hope was pulsing through my veins. My fingers were crossed and my eyes were clamped shut – he better come.

The lights were starting to fade out and my group gathered around. I held onto the hands of my partners Fabiola and Jonathan, everyone else was still is a quiet rush behind me. The soft music of the piano started to play and a light purple light was brought to the center of the stage as the main lead male came prancing out. His tights were too tight; it always made me laugh when straight guys wore clothes that were far too tight for them. My stomach clenched as I had a swift image of Oliver in his overly tight girl pants.

I jumped slightly and slapped my hands over my mouth when I felt a hand grab my shoulder; it scared the living crap out of me. Turning as silently as I could I came face to face with the stage director. “Shaylee?” I nodded my head in response, he spoke silently into his head set, so quiet I could barely hear. “Don’t move ‘kay?”

Yet again I nodded, I could exactly speak while the show was going on you see, it would be rude and I would ruin the show – those were both something I didn’t want to do. I turned back to the stage, the leading female was out now, she was wearing a purple outfit just like my own, but hers was much more extravagant. Hers had glittery rhinestones, running up the nude colored parts of the dress. Mine only had a few littering my arms and gathering at the hands. I jumped again when I felt a hand on my shoulder, “Stop that!” I turned, the stage director pointed behind him and my jaw dropped.

Oliver.

He looked amazing, his jaw was shaved, it jutted out looking strong and smooth. My hand itched to glide across it, his hair was straightened but tamed unlike all the other times I have seen him with it. His eyes weren’t glazed over and he looked sober for once, but it didn’t seem like he had a choice in the matter. What amazed me the most was the fact that in his hand was one little orchid. Since when did he know my favorite flower, and when did he become nice and gentlemanly. He had a crooked smirk placed on his lips and I smiled at him walking away from the side of the stage. “Oliver,”

“’Ello Shay,” His voice was softly scruffy, his screaming in his band made it sound very – manly. He handed me the orchid and I took it. It wasn't the loveliest thing, it was turning a little brown around the edges but I over looked it, that brown on the flower reminded me of our relationship – perfect except for a few things.

I took the flower and wrapped my arms around his neck, he was much taller but somehow I managed. “I’m glad you came Oli’,” I sighed deeply and kept a tight grip on him. “I'm sorry I blew up on you.”

I ran a hand through my hair and tilted my head back, “Shay shut it, we’re both asses.” He pressed his lips against mine, I sighed into the kiss and rubbed my hand again his jaw. He was right we were idiots, but we were idiots for each other. I felt him push me away and wave off to the stage. “Git, go your people are calling.”

I turned and saw John waving at me to hurry up. Shit, I couldn’t be late into the beginning of our part. The orchid ended back into Olivers’ hands and I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. “Wait for me after this please.”

“I will, now go and don’t fuck up; I don’t want my chick lookin’ like a failure.” I smiled and pranced back to my friends, I had a warm, butterfly feeling in my stomach and it was making me even more excited for our part – I was his girlfriend now.

The lights turned off and a pale green light shined across the stage. John, Fabiola and I linked hands as we made a band with others across the stage. It was time to begin.

*

42 minutes later and I was back in Oliver’s arms, the performance went well, and I only messed up once, my ankle locked when I went for a jump but I recovered quickly. He kissed the top of my head and my hand was locked with his behind my back. I knew secretly he was a sweetheart, that little part of his was just hidden behind the alcohol and tattoos.

I pulled his face to me and I put a soft kiss on his lips. “Let’s head home.”

“’Ight.” I grabbed my bag lying on the floor beside my feet linked my arm back with his as we walked out from the stage.

“Shaylee!” I cringed as I heard that voice, it was my mother. I turned and saw her beat red face, she was angry and my father didn’t looked too pleased ether.

“I thought you said you were away from this filth!” I felt Oliver squeeze my hand; he was slowly getting annoyed with my parents.

“I didn’t exactly say that dad; I just wasn't really around him.” I clutched his hand reassuringly.

“Shay, get away from him and head to the car, you are in big trouble young lady!” It was my mother again. You know I wasn't one for causing a commotion but she was even making me angry.

“Mother no,” I took a quick deep breath and began my rant, “I am not going to leave with you. If you haven’t noticed, I am 19 now, I am not a young lady anymore mum, I'm almost 20. This is over; I am tired of dealing with your bullshit. I don’t want to be your pretty little pom-pom princess. I want to go to college and make a living of myself and not have to mooch off of you.”

“Shaylee how dar-“

“Shut up dad!” I was fuming, “let me for once be able to speak my mind. Also, Oliver is not filth, he is a very nice guy, he may have his moment where he is a complete asshole but don’t we all. At least I'm happy with him, which is more than I can say about the 2 of you!” I too Olivers hand and pushed past my parents, they were stunned silent. I was even stunned, I spoke what I felt, if only I would have done it a few years earlier.

I was tugged back by Olivers’ hand. “What Oliver? We have to be quick or they will come get me.” He covered my mouth with his hand slightly harder than when he usually grabbed me.

“Who cares, let them fuck with me, I dare ‘um.” I groaned into his hand and laughed and the thought of my parents cowering to Oliver when he finally blows on them. “Shaylee, I'm not swell with words, but I think I'm fallin’ for you.”

“Getting cliché on me Mr. Sykes?” I was stunned but I had to be a smartass.

“Don’t mock me.”

“I won’t.” I let go of his hand and pressed it against his chest, “I think it’s safe to say that I would be ready to change my life style for you. Love, is a big word, I'm not ready to say that yet.”

“It’s okay, but you have to deal with my music.”

“I’ll manage; maybe I’ll invest in some ear plugs.”

“Shaylee,”

“Oliver,” I tossed my bag at him and laughed. “We will talk about this later, right now I'm craving some waffles, let’s go eat.” He smirked and nodded, we were all laughs and smiles until I heard the yelling of my parents from behind us.

“Run, now.” Oliver wrapped his hand around me as he pulled me behind him; he wasn't going to let my parents get a hold of me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Done, I decided to end it because, it was my first story, and i ended up not getting the vibe from it anymore. So the end, i hope you enjoied it, i shall have anothe Oli story up soon, Im not sure when but during the summer. Haha, thank you for my faithful people <3 I love you.

Thanks for the comments:
bangxoopsxdead
catharine
danelradcliff1fan
chaotic--misfit
make me a rival.
bringankethehorizon
emmaleekay
kellikapurr

PS. READ OTHER STORIES<3 spread love like a wildfire.

<3 Ashley