Status: finished <3 other stories are to be read, so go go go!

We Can Drown the Town With Our Voices

07.

Being woken up by loud annoying noises or things was starting to become common for me. I stretched and pushed away a pillow I was hugging close to me. I walked my way to the door rubbing my eyes, I vaguely remembered that my parents were coming over and I was in no manner ready to entertain guests but, that was their fault for coming so early. I opened the door and smiled, my eyes were creased from the sleep that I was so desperately trying to run away from. “Good morning mom, dad, uncle Joey.” My father pushed through the door looking around at my apartment before the rest of the family came in. My mother gave me a long hug and Joey game me ‘I'm-so-sorry-they-made-me-bring-them’ smile.

“Honey, did we wake you.” I nodded my head and rubbed my eyes, I stood straight up hovering over by my little mom by three inches.,shortness ran in my family.

“Its okay, I needed to wake up anyways. Please come sit down.” I lead her to the tiny dining room table. My father was snooping around through my cabinets and what not. “Dad will you please sit down, I will make you some egg on toast.” I walked back to my bedside and grabbed the paper, knowing my father he would love to read his paper over some coffee. Dad came by and sat stiffly, my family was always a little bit to up tight. I went back to the kitchen and starting to make some coffee for them, I assumed Joey left because there was no sight of him anywhere.

“This apartment is a train wreak, we gave you enough money to buy a nice place and this is what you buy?'” I turned to look at my dad and sighed, he was reading the paper and from the side of his face I could tell he had his barricade up.

“It is just right for me dad, nice and cozy just like I like it.” I walked over to the table and gave them their coffee. My father scoffed and my mom gave me a warm look. Something was wrong she was never this sweet to me.

“You were not raised to live in cozy, you are meant for extravagant things. You silly girl, just by moving away you have lost many suitors for yourself.” He was going to talk be through the whole, get married to a rich man and have children thing. I walked back into the kitchen and pulled out eggs and bread.

“He is right honey, many of the men asking for you hand have dropped away from their offer because you have moved, here.” She looked around the room with her lip curled up some, she had a ugly disgusted face. “Also, seeing how you are nearing twenty, you should marry soo-“ I heard my mom scream and my father stand up rapidly using his paper to hit something. I heard some grunting that my mothers yelling failed to cover up. I looked from behind the cabinet to see my father hitting Oli.

“Dad, Stop!” I pulled my dad away from Oli who was laying on the floor clutching the side of his face that my father was hitting him at. My mom was pressed against the wall trying to be as far away from Oli as they possibly could. I looked down at Oli and grunted, no wonder my parents were freaking out, if I didn't know who Oli was I would freak out also.

I assumed Oli walked in through the window like always but this time he decided to dress very clad. Black boxer briefs with green writing on them that hung so low his (I had to look down and read the tattoo) ‘Reckless’ tattoo was showing, along with the rest of his art work. To my parents he must have looked like a rapist or burglar, to me he just seemed like a nudist. The only differences between him now and how he usually is, is that his hair is wet and he had a blue tooth brush hanging from his mouth. “Don't go near him Shaylee! He may be dangerous.” I could hear my mom whisper.

“Mom, he is my neighbor he wont hurt anyone.” I pulled his hand away from his cheek and looked at the welts that lay there. “Are you okay Oli?” He looked at me and grunted.

“I’ve been better. Why the fuck was I mauled in your house?” I shook my head and tried to help him up.

“My parents are over as you obviously can tell. Why are you here?” I was ignoring my parents to help attend Oli, I could hear the cleaning of throats to try and get my attention.

“I was going to help you clean before they got here but I guess I am to late. Not that I would want to help now seeing as you father is a arsehole!” He said the last part louder the the beginning of his statement, I could see him staring above my head, probably looking at my father. I turned around and pushed my dad back away from trying to attack Oli.

“Dad, calm down. Oli is my friend.”

“Your friend, why would you want to be with trash like that?” He stuck his nose in the air and Oli scoffed.

“Trash? Listen, pull that stick out of your arse and realize that you are human just like me.” I placed a hand on Olis chest.

“Dad don't start a fight here, please.”

“I started no such thing. He should not have barged in my daughters apartment in his skibbies,and you! You just touch him like you are close. Have we taught you nothing you twit!” He grabbed his coat off from the chair.

“What are you her father or master! Treat her with some sort of respect you complete dick!” My mother rushed to my dads side, hurriedly trying to pull him to the door.

“Dad, don't leave!” I pushed away from Oli and walked toward my father.

“Don't take one more step! Pack up everything and be ready in a week, you are coming home with us!” My dad pulled my mom out by her arm and slammed the door shut. My face fell, I had to leave, all because of Oli coming in.

“Shay, how the fuck were you raised by those people. They are bastards!”

“Oli leave.”

“What?”

“Get out of my apartment, I don't want you here ever again. Go now!”

“Shayl—“

“OUT! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!” I screamed at him throwing the paper that my father was hitting him with at him. He dodged the paper and just looked at me. My face was a flame and I was in near tears. He walked out of the window, I heard him say something about ‘just trying to help.’ His attempt at helping was a failure. I ran to my bed and curled into a ball sobbing, my dream or trying to follow my dreams were gone be cause of some stupid, tattooed, idiotic, shirtless ass. I hugged my pillow and kept crying the seconds away.
♠ ♠ ♠
(: