Sequel: Just To Be With You

You Always Go And Rescue Me

ch.7

NOTE: This is DEFINITELY the steamiest I've ever written, so if that makes you uncomfortable, don't continue. This chapter is meant to lead into the next chapter (and the events that are going to happen over the remaining chapters). The next part should be up real soon. Enjoy :)

---------------------------------------------------------

Ch. 7

Christmas break was right around the corner and I couldn’t wait to go home with Zach to meet his family. Thankfully, he didn’t have a road trip beforehand, and was finishing up the last week or so before Christmas on a home stand, which meant we got to spend a lot of time together.

The city was Christmas magical. The holiday spirit had swept throughout every street and block of New York, which made it an amazing place to be. If you’ve never experienced New York during Christmas, you have to, there’s no place quite like it.

When I woke up on the last Thursday before Christmas, the city was covered in a blanket of snow. It was breath taking. Zach and I had planned on going out on the town that night anyway as tomorrow was his last game before Christmas. He was playing the Rangers at the Garden. Not only would I be there cheering on my boyfriend, but I’d be covering the game too.

When late afternoon arrived, Zach got to my apartment. He looked cute all bundled up and his nose was red from being cold. I couldn’t help but smile at his adorability. I ran over to him and kissed him softly on the nose. He smiled, grabbed my hands in his, and ran them up to his cheeks. Still with his hands on mine, warming his cheeks, he kissed me softly on the lips which sent warms sensations running through my body despite the freezing temperature.

I put on a pair of jeans, uggs and bundled up in a long black coat, big blue scarf and cute white hat. We walked all around the snow-covered city with our nice hot coffees and laughed with each other. We always had fun together, and tonight was a light mood evening. We walked through a white central park and kissed on the famous bridge. We went by the tree and took the cheesy couple pictures. We laughed, played, fake argued, and I didn’t think it could ever get any better. As the night was coming to an end, we went down to Macy’s and did a little last minute Christmas shopping.

As we left the biggest Macy’s in the world, the streets were still busy, but calm. Zach and I were holding hands when he suddenly used the position we were in to spin me around playfully. I laughed as he pulled me into him so that our frozen noses were touching.

“I love you, you know that?”

“Of course I know that! I love you too, Zach. Being with you makes me so happy.”

He smiled and kissed me. In a city where no one ever sleeps, I could swear we were the only two there. Until we heard a familiar voice.

“What the hell is this?” It was a sarcastic yet slightly offended tone.

Zach and I pulled apart and realized Sean was standing in front of us. New York may have been extra crowded lately due to holiday tourists, but somehow we managed to run into Sean. To be fair, Macy’s was right by MSG and Sean lived near by, but still, the odds of us running into him were pretty slim.

Zach’s body immediately tensed as he protectively wrapped his arm around me, pushing me slightly backwards so that he was in front of me. We were both facing Sean and I was uncomfortable as to where this was going.

“You and Parise? Really?” He turned his attention to Zach. “When did this happen?”

“Just give it up already.”

Sean walked closer to us, “are you kidding? This just makes everything more interesting.”

“Excuse me?” I asked. Zach nudged me to tell me to shut up and let him handle it, but I was just as involved in this as he was. It was my battle.

Sean had a twisted smile and snarl in his voice. “You don’t seriously think I’m going to give up do you? This just proves you’d be willing to go home with any one of us.”

“Actually that isn’t true and it isn’t any of your business,” I angrily replied to Sean.

He moved closer to us and slowly lifted his hand as if to touch my cheek. Zach wasn’t about to let that happen and smacked it away.

“Don’t touch her.” He had a look of disgust on his face.

Sean looked like he might lunge at Zach for a second, but then got a calmer demeanor.

“Don’t worry, it’s not over. You stay with this whore, but I’m next in line. Trust me.”

Zach was boiling. “Shut the hell up! If you ever talk about her like that again-“

“You’ll what? Kick my ass? Please.” He turned to walk away. “I’ll see you tomorrow night Zach. You too, Sarah.”

Once he was out of sight we quickly made our way back to my apartment. We didn’t really talk on our way, but he held on to me tightly and I knew his body was pulsating with anger. When we walked through my door we started releasing the thoughts that had been burning in our brains.

“What do you think he meant by that Zach?”

Zach’s facial expression never changed. “I think me and you being together has made this that much more of a challenge for him.”

“But you don’t think he’d actually hurt me, do you?”

“Sarah, I honestly hope not, but I really think he will. He’s sick. He thinks he can get whatever he wants, and since you’ve turned him down for so long and now we’re together, in his mind it’ll be the biggest…most exciting conquest when he gets to have sex with you. He’s all about self gratification, on or off the ice.”

“But that isn’t going to happen,” I said to him as if he should’ve already known.

“Willingly.” I looked at him surprised. I knew what that meant and saw the look in Zach’s eyes. “Sarah,” he sounded so distraught, so genuine. He looked down and then back at me. “If anything happened to you…if he hurt you, I don’t know what I’d do.”

I didn’t know what to say. I knew if something did happen, and Zach wasn’t around, I could never fight him off. I knew Zach was being honest and expressing fears that were realistic. I saw how it was eating at him so I interrupted his thoughts by pressing my lips onto his. He welcomed my kiss and responded by grabbing me and pulling me into him. This wasn’t soft like most of our kisses; it was driven by passion and adrenaline.

Zach’s hands traveled down my body until they reached my backside. He grabbed me tightly and lifted me up so that my legs were wrapped around his waist. His kisses grew more passionate and before I knew it his hands were ripping off my layers of clothing and he was carrying me into the bedroom. By the time we got to my bed, I was topless and in nothing but my bra. He released me onto the bed but our kissing never stopped. I pulled his shirt over his head as he guided it to the floor. As he did that, I undid his belt buckle and pulled his jeans down until they hit the floor. He was in nothing but his boxers and his perfectly tone physique still hypnotized me.

I ran my hands along his shoulders and back as his kisses roamed from my mouth down my neck and to my breasts. He was on top of me, instructing my pants to come off with his hands. Things were getting too carried away and I knew if one of us didn’t say something now, there would be no stopping.

“Zach,” I said through broken gasps. “Zach. I love you. We can’t...” He was kissing my neck and investigating my body with his hands. We were both kneeling on the bed at this point.

He stopped for a moment and looked me in the eyes. I knew what we both wanted and as hard as it was to deny ourselves, we knew we couldn’t cross that line yet. His lips reached for mine. My hands were resting on his stomach, as they began to travel down underneath the waistline of his boxers. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before kissing me again. It wasn’t long before his hands followed suit and we were both moaning in ecstasy.

When we calmed and were laying in each other’s arms, exhausted, I realized Zach was going to have a big day in front of him tomorrow.

“Hey, you gonna be okay tomorrow night?” I asked concerned as I leaned up on my side.

He looked at me. “I hate that guy.” As much as he had running across his mind at the moment, I had to admit I was slightly distracted by how sexy his hair looked as a sliver of moonlight ran across his face.

I stroked his face to calm him down. “It’s okay. We’re going to see your family after tomorrow!” He smiled at that statement. I kissed him on the lips one last time and before I knew it we were asleep.