Status: on hiatus

Animeworld

Pilot.

"Girls like you... disgust me."
I slapped him, looked into his hardened eyes, and ran away, tears falling softly on my cheeks.
If only, if only...
******************************************************
"Mandy Campos! Are you paying attention?"
I snap back to, immediately realizing the situation. and turning bright red. "Sorry, I wasn't."
Mr. White stares at me silently, hints of disappointment in his gray eyes. I look down at my hands, eyes downcast.
"Alex, please list the major Greek gods and their roles."
"Uh... well... I guess.. there's Jesus..."
I smirk, and complete the worksheet in front of me in a few seconds, and watch Mr. White painfully listen to Alex for the five minutes remaining until class was over.
I could imagine the scene manga-style...
A chiibi boy struggles to think up answers and stutters. Parts of the class nod vigorously because they don't know the answer either. Others are confused because they're pretty sure Jesus and Zoroaster aren't even from the same religion. A couple have their earphones on, listening to music because they couldn't care less about English, and most certainly not Greek mythology. These same kids are doodling, passing notes, etc. Mr. White transforms into a demon with an evil aura-- how can these kids be so ignorant and uncaring? The pain that has built up over the years pours out, and he is furious. The lights above break, storm clouds form in and out of the classroom, and thunder roars. Mr. White laughs maniacally, causing the class to grow both fearful and confused.
No! I can't go off track right now. Not twice.
The bell rings.
Everyone resumes their conversations from before class started, and rises from their seats, heading for the door. Mr. White calls out from above the noise. "Homework for today! PLEASE go online and learn about the Greek gods. Minor quiz tomorrow!"
He shakes his head, and suddenly remembers something important.
Oh sh*t, gotta go.
I throw my thing into my lavender Jansport backpack and race to the door. Mr. White catches me before I can escape.
"Miss Campos, can you stay behind?"
I make the mistake of stopping, which means I heard him. So now I can't pretend I didn't.
I sigh, and return to my seat. Mr. White is at his desk writing something. He waits until the blob finally gets through his door before he looks up and says something.
*********************************************
There is something missing in my life.
My name is Mandy Campos. I am 14, a freshman at Roosevelt Charter High School in Stockton, California. I am the second daughter of a teacher and a secretary. My older sister seems to be a happy person. My closest friends are twins Sophia and Irene. I won a goldfish in a fair when I was four; it died 2 days later. I spend most of my time in the library and on the computer.
Can you tell what is missing?
I can.
I can tell that I have no plot in my life.
Because it's not mine, just the one I was given.
And I refuse to accept it.
But-- what can I do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Firstly, I hate her name too. Suggestions, anyone?

Second, I think it's a little unrealistic to not know who the Greek gods and goddesses are. I mean, if I met someone who didn't know, I would cradle them in my arms.
"Oh! You poor deprived child! It's okay, Seewah's got you. Hush, hush now."

Third, I realize that I kinda leave you hanging when Mr. White talks. Basically, he scolds her for not paying attention. But that's unimportant. The point is, she's imagining her world to be an animeworld, and she knows she should be focusing.
Or, at least, I THINK that's the point.
Idk. Waddaya think?