Status: on hiatus

Animeworld

Lunchtime with a book.

My 3rd period is Lunch, which I find absolutely ridiculous because it's only 10:45 AM, so it's more of a late breakfast than a midday meal, but there's not much I can do about that. Most of the time, I grab a school lunch (today: a hot dog, some chips, and a milk carton-- I know, it's practically a little kid's lunch) and sit at whatever table the Sophia and Irene have chosen for the day. Then, I eat and read simultaneously, occasionally chipping in a comment or two in the twins' conversations.
**************************************************
"Reiko..." Yuki whispers softly, eyes closed. "I need to talk to you."
CHOMP.
A young girl with long black hair continues to stare at the lake, wiping hear tears away. "Yes, Yuki?" She looks up.
CHOMP.
Yuki faces her. His eyes open, serenity meeting the hurt tears of Reiko, but he doesn't speak.
"Y-Yuki?"
CHOMP.
"Reiko..." He leans in closer.
CHOMP.
"Will you..."
CHOMP. TURN PAGE.
"Marry me?"
Reiko's eye's widen as Yuki leans in closer still.
CHO--
YukI and Reiko kiss.
SCREAM.
"OMIGOD, HOW COULD HE? I THOUGHT HE LOVED KYOKO! WHAT'LL--"
And that's when I realized that I said that aloud in the school cafeteria. Sophia and Irene had stopped dead in their conversation about whatever, and pretty much everyone in our corner of the cafeteria joined them in staring at me. I stared back and smiled nervously, but my mind didn't fully comprehend the situation yet-- what the hell was Yuki Watanuki doing, confessing his love to Reiko when he has a perfectly good and loving and kind fiancee???? A group of kids laughed, but for the most part everyone slowly returned to their conversations after a few "Oh.. kay then.."s. The twins continued to stare in disbelief.
"Oh my gosh, Mandy, I can't believe you just did that." said one.
"Yeah, that was totally disgusting. I mean, look at you."
I looked down. Bits of hot dog bun and ketchup were splattered on my shirt. "Oh... hehe.. Guess I got a bit carried away there, huh?"
They sighed in exasperation. "You know, you really shouldn't read while eating."
"Especially one you know you'll be engrossed in."
I nodded. "Yeah, I'll try to remember that."
I cleaned up, and threw everything away, leaving the twins to themselves to go to the bathroom and clean up my shirt. When I returned almost everyone had gone outside, and the janitor was wiping the tables before the next lunch group came in.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is a bit short, but I thought this scene would be fun, and stuff like this happens to me all the time (I laugh hysterically, or I'll start crying out "WHYYY????. Sometimes, I even start to cry. I'm very emotional... ;D) Anyway, I thought this would be a good way to show you her relationship between her and "closest friends", as well as what you could assume the rest of the school pretty much thinks of her.
As far as the manga she is reading, it's not a real one, as far as I know.. I just made it up. However, I came up with a cute little bg story for it... I might refer to the story later ;D