We're Heading to a Place Where I'll Prove I'm All You Want and More

We’re Only Two In A Crowded Room Where Others Fade

It had been two days. Singer was with Alexa again. He had seen her the day after he had dinner with her family but hadn’t seen her after that up until now. He was happy to be with her again and all he could think about was those kisses on her cheeks he’d given her. There was something about her that caused his pulse to race and his nerves to be on end. It was like she was some sort of vital nutrient that his body needed to survive now. Any and all of his thoughts were somehow concerned with Alexa.
He had felt this beginning feeling before and he knew where he was headed. Singer was thinking to himself that he was on his way down that road called love and Alexa was right there with him. Anything she did or said made him smile. All he ever wanted to do was make her smile. He’d found that was one of the things he couldn’t live without.
Alexa was feeling the same thing. To tell the truth, she’d been feeling like she was in love with Singer since she met him. Now it was just more intense. He hadn’t kissed her yet, but she wanted him to. That’s all she could daydream about. When her brain wasn’t busy with her day she was thinking of Singer.
Now they were in the same room together. They were talking easily and holding hands. Singer was watching Alexa as she played with his fingers. He thought she was cute when she couldn’t make eye contact with him as she was speaking. He understood that she was shy and scared, but he was going to make that easier for her. All he needed was a little time and the right moment.
Alexa scooted closer to Singer on the bed. He smiled and bit his lip. She didn’t notice because she was still looking at their hands and playing with Singer’s fingers. Singer went out on a limb and kissed the top of Alexa’s head.
Alexa looked up at Singer and he smiled at her. His smile was contagious. Alexa stretched to kiss Singer’s mole. She pulled back and he put his hands on the side of her face to hold her just a few inches from his. She looked him in the eyes and she saw what he wanted to do. Singer saw that she was welcoming and moved closer to her.
Alexa leaned into the coming kiss. Singer pulled her closer and let his lips touch hers softly. Her lips tingled with his pressing softly against hers. Singer kissed her for a little longer before pulling back. Alexa’s lips broke into a smile bigger than Singer had ever seen on her.
He pulled her closer to him and she gladly moved. Singer put his arm around her and kissed the side of her head. She returned by kissing his cheek.
“So I’ve been meaning to do that.” He said.
“I’m glad you did.”
“Good. I was nervous.” Singer laughed.
“Better you than me.” She laughed even though she had been nervous as well.
“Would you like me to do that more often?”
“You mean would I like you to be my boyfriend so you can do that all the time?”
“Precisely.”
“Yea.”
Singer was so happy to have that out in the open. He pulled Alexa into his arms and kissed her again, only this time it was more passionate than before. Alexa’s heartbeat sped up as she moved her lips with Singers. His heart was beating just as fast.
While Singer and Alexa were busy having their moment Cash, Marshall, and Johnson were all in Marshall’s house talking about Ian and Haylee. They were back, but that was all they knew. They’d each received one text from Haylee saying that she was home and grounded.
The three of them sat in Marshall’s room trying to figure out what had prompted Ian to take Haylee away for the weekend. They also were trying to figure out what they had done that made her become grounded. The obvious reason for her leaving and not saying anything to anyone evaded them and they assumed it was something much worse.
“Maybe he secretly thought she was like a spy and he was testing to see if she was.” Johnson laughed.
“Now that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.” Cash said rolling his eyes.
“I haven’t heard you come up with anything better.” Johnson shot back.
“I still think Ian was just trying to get to know her better. I think that was his birthday present to her. I don’t see why it took him a whole weekend, but that’s what I think.” Marshall chimed in.
“That could be it. What if they were dating?” Cash said.
“Now that is ridiculous!” Johnson pointed at Cash.
“Yea, stop trying to be all optimistic like Singer.” Marshall said.
“Well it could happen; they had been spending a lot of time together.”
“Yea, because he needed comfort. Then they were back to how they used to be. They are not dating.” Johnson reasoned.
No one was more right than Cash. If Cash had been discussing this with Singer, then Singer would have agreed with him. That wouldn’t have changed Marshall and Johnson’s opinions on the matter though. They would rather believe the stories they came up with in their minds.
Haylee was at home now. She had made it through her parents yelling at her for her ‘irresponsible behavior’ and was now in her room. She was supposed to be grounded for a month, but she knew that sentence would be lifted in two weeks at most. All she had to do was be the perfect little girl her parents loved and she’d be free.
Of course she wasn’t going to be a perfect little girl. She knew how to sneak out and how to get around her grounded status. She’d done that many times before. Her parents just had no idea.
Haylee took out her phone, something her parents had forgotten to take away from her, and called Singer. He was the only one she wanted to talk to at the moment. He answered on the third ring.
“Hey Hales! Are you back yet?”
“Yea, I’m back… and grounded.”
“Ahh, well you know how your parents are with grounding you.” He shrugged it off like it was nothing because it wasn’t.
“Yea, wanna do something tonight?”
“Well. I think I might have something to do tonight actually.” Singer said happily glancing at Alexa.
“Oh, I can hear something in your voice. What’s going on?” Haylee asked sensing the euphoria in Singer’s voice.
Singer looked down at Alexa. She was curled up against him with her head on his shoulder. He looked at her as if to ask if he could tell Haylee what was going on. Alexa nodded her head.
“I’m going on a date with Alexa tonight. She and I are… we’re together.”
It thrilled Singer to be able to say that to someone. Upon hearing that out loud, Alexa squeezed Singer tighter and kissed his chest.
“That’s great!” Haylee squeaked. “When did this happen?”
“Oh, about ten minutes before you called.”
“I’m going to let you go then. Sorry for interrupting. Say hi for me.”
“Okay, talk to you later.” Singer said.
“Later.” Haylee said hanging up.
After she hung up the phone with Singer she dialed Marshall’s number. He picked up as soon as he saw her name on the caller ID.
“Hales! Are you still alive?” He greeted her.
“Yes, I’m alive. What kind of a greeting is that?”
While Marshall answered her and gave her a proper greeting Johnson and Cash started throwing questions out that they wanted Marshall to ask Haylee. Marshall just waved them off and walked out of the room. Johnson and Cash followed him so Marshall locked himself in the bathroom to get away from them.
“So, why did Ian want to kidnap you?” Marshall asked while sitting down on the edge of the tub.
“He just wanted time with me I guess.” Haylee said being vague.
She knew just how much that would bug Marshall. He was really looking for something he could tell the others. Her saying that Ian just wanted time was nothing other than what he and Johnson had said. At least Cash could be proven wrong if that was what she was going to stick with as her answer.
“No really, what did you guys do?”
“Well he made us fake ID’s, did I tell you I’m twenty-one now? We spent our nights on the strip and we had a lot of fun. He’s really nice when he tries.” Haylee said.
She had tacked on the ‘when he tries’ so that she didn’t sound like she liked Ian all that much. She didn’t want Marshall’s brain to explode with possibilities; though that was a tempting thought.
“Okay, so he wanted to just hang out with you and see if you were as mean as he thought you were or what?”
“Yea, I guess you could say that.” Haylee shrugged knowing how much that would frustrate Marshall.
“Hales, stop being so mean to me. Just tell me what happened out there. None of us can get a hold of Ian.”
“Awe, that’s cute. You guys are like a gossip magazine, just trying to get the latest dish on what happened in Vegas.”
“Whatever happened in Vegas is still happening because you are still in Vegas. You never left it.” Marshall said thoroughly frustrated now.
“I know. I just like messing with you.” Haylee giggled.
“Please, please, please just tell me.” He begged.
“But if I tell you then you’re just going to go tell everyone else as soon as we hang up.”
“So.”
“So.”
“Please?”
“No.”
Marshall sighed. He thought that having three sisters would help him in this situation, but he had learned that when girls didn’t want to tell something then there was no hope of getting it out of them. Marshall didn’t want to give up on this thing that she was holding back, but he knew that he’d lost.
He gave up after a few more targeted questions that Haylee dodged like a ballet dancer and went to talking about what had happened while she was gone. He told her about the new songs they had started work on and then turned to talking about how in November they would be starting to record their first album. He talked about the small tour that was going to happen before they went to record and then the tour they would go on after they recorded.
Haylee wished that Ian wasn’t leaving on tour, but she knew that she’d be in school soon enough and she was going to have a lot to worry about in just a few months. There were things like college applications and schoolwork to keep her busy.
When Haylee hung up with Marshall she tossed her phone on her bed and went to unpack. Her mom had figured out that she’d barrowed several items out of her closet and she wasn’t happy. The first thing she did was take those out and put them in a neat pile for dry cleaning. She was told she had to have them cleaned before she gave them back. That wasn’t so bad.
Then she went through all of her own clothes and tossed them in the hamper. She looked at certain clothing items and remembered moments from her trip that made her smile.

A few nights later Haylee had snuck out of her house when her parents were asleep. Singer had promised that there would be a late band practice tonight so she knew she’d see everyone. She was also excited to see Ian. She hadn’t seen him since he’d taken her home from their little vacation and she missed him.
Her parents had remembered to take away her cell phone and she hadn’t talked to most of her friends since then. Alexa, Singer, and Cash had called her on her house phone. Ian didn’t have her house phone number so he was stuck without contact and he missed Haylee dearly. The only thing he could do was get information from everyone else without trying to look too desperate.
Since Ian didn’t know what Haylee was telling the guys about their trip he being was vague as well. He didn’t want to say anything if she wasn’t. He knew that tonight he would find out what their stance was. Ian could feel butterflies when he just thought about seeing Haylee again.
Haylee walked to Singer’s house since she couldn’t get into her car either; her parents had taken her keys this time as well. The walk wasn’t long but it was cold. She really wished that she knew where her phone was so she could call Singer and have him come get her. She could have called on the house phone, but she was half way to his place now.
Everyone was getting kind of impatient because they knew that Haylee was on her way, but she wasn’t there yet. She’d never given them a time and they couldn’t call her to see what was up. Ian was keeping himself busy with his guitar so that no one could read his face. They had all been watching him for any hints as soon as he walked in the door.
Alexa knew something was up between Haylee and Ian because he had been talking about her before and he was smiling the whole time. It had only been for a few minutes, but it was enough to give everyone evidence that they had worked something out while they were gone. They just had no idea that they had worked though things a month ago and had kept it hidden.
At eleven Haylee knocked on the garage door. Singer had given her these instructions on the phone a few days ago. Singer walked to the garage door opener and pushed the button. They all watched as the door rose and Haylee’s feet clad in Converse appeared. When the door was at her waist she bent over and ducked into the garage. Singer closed the door behind her.
“Haylee!!!!” Johnson yelled when she had made it in the garage.
He was sitting behind his drum set. She waved at him when she found him.
“No! I want a hug. You left us all for days and we haven’t seen you. Get your ass over here.” Johnson demanded.
Haylee smiled at her friend and walked over to him. He hugged her around the waist and she hugged back.
Ian was just playing his guitar still like Haylee hadn’t come into the garage. That was a little disappointing to Singer. He had hoped something would have changed about him.
Haylee made her rounds hugging everyone and then looked at Ian. He looked up at her and they both broke into a smile at the same time. Everyone in the room froze and watched what was happening.
Ian’s playing morphed into something slow and sweet as he looked at Haylee. Singer was so excited he was almost bouncing. Alexa squeezed his hand. There was tension as Haylee and Ian just looked at each other.
Haylee started to walk towards Ian. He was sitting on top of one of his amps and his eyes were focused on her. They were both still smiling and Ian’s song got sweeter as she got closer.
When Haylee was right in front of Ian she reached with her hands to take his face. He looked up at her with that smile still in place. Haylee let her thumbs rub Ian’s cheeks and the stubble that wasn’t there the last time she saw him.
Ian straightened up as if to stretch towards her. She bent down and pressed her lips to his. They kissed slowly and Ian never stopped playing.
Everyone in the garage was speechless. When those two had left they were fighting and they hated each other. Now they were back and they were kissing. None of them could figure out what could have cured them in three days, or rather nights.
Singer felt a smug smile creep onto his face. He knew that there had been something between them for a while now. He didn’t have to hide their secret for them any longer. He looked down at Alexa and she was wearing the same smile.
Johnson, Cash, and Marshall were all staring wide-eyed at the seemingly new couple that was kissing right in front of them. They could not believe it.
Haylee pulled back and looked down into Ian’s eyes. He still had his closed and was still playing. When he did open his eyes she kissed him quickly once more.
“I missed you.” She said.
“I missed you more.” Ian countered.
“That’s debatable.” Haylee smiled.
She sat on the ground next to Ian’s amp and hugged his leg. She looked at her friends and smiled.
“I thought this was supposed to be band practice. Why are you all staring?” Ian asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hooray! Another chapter and they're out of the dark!! Comments and Love please?

PROMOTIONS:
Tension's Like A Fire
ATL with powers from their AP shoot? Sounds fun. Just hope that the human buldozer doesn't make you into a street pizza. (inside joke :D)
A Heart Like That
Although I am slightly frustrated with this Garrett Nickelsen story right now, I can't stop reading it. Hooray Becca for writing this!
Remembering Sunday
Stephie Barakat. Jack Barakat. Brother and Sister. Brother forgets sister. Brother thinks band is more important. Sister changes. Brother and Friends don't recognize Sister.