We're Heading to a Place Where I'll Prove I'm All You Want and More

It’s Only A Crime If I Get Caught

The garage had erupted into a tangle of questions put out by the three who had been in the complete dark about Ian and Haylee. Marshall, Johnson, and Cash had all just received a huge shock. They were recovered now from watching the two that hated each other so much kiss, but it was so weird to see Ian now sitting next to Haylee on the garage floor without complaining.
Ian’s hand moved to rest on Haylee’s thigh and she didn’t mind at all. He rubbed for a while and she leaned into him. This confused Marshall even more. He just thought it was weird that Ian was voluntarily touching Haylee and the both of them were acting like they’d been doing this longer than three days. They were either seriously dating or they were both really good actors.
Johnson was still waiting for Ian to back away from Haylee and for them to just start throwing insults at each other like before but it wasn’t happening. He was waiting for that one wrong touch or that glance that would set either of them off.
Cash was more concerned with trying to figure out why Singer and Alexa were totally fine with what had occurred only moments ago. Neither of them were phased, in fact the seemed completely at ease. Maybe they knew something that the other three didn’t.
“Hey, how come you guys aren’t confused by this?” Cash gestured to Ian and Haylee on the garage floor.
“I’ve known some things for a while.” Singer said.
Haylee and Ian were both intrigued by this. They had thought they’d kept their secret well enough that not even Singer knew. Then again he was the perceptive one.
“Like what?” Haylee asked.
“Well for one I saw you guys making out in Ian’s room.”
Everyone, except for Alexa, was stunned by this new fact. Then everyone was asking Singer questions. Ian raised one of his eyebrows and thought about that for a moment.
He couldn’t remember any time that Haylee had been over when Singer was there and they had made out in his room. He knew that a few times she’d gotten up to ‘go to the bathroom’ and then Ian had ‘went to his room’ a few moments after her and they met up in the bathroom just to make out for a little. The door was locked every time though and no one had suspected anything. So he was confused as to how Singer caught them in his room making out. They were only in his room when no one but them was in the apartment.
“Elaborate please.” Haylee pleaded.
“Well it was one hot, hot, hot afternoon and everyone was at Marshall’s house. You had said you were with your family and Ian hadn’t given us an excuse as to why he was busy.
“We were all sitting in Marshall’s living room trying to figure out what to do when we decided to get Ian and see if he had an idea. So we all got into Marshall’s mom’s van and drove over.
“I went into the apartment complex to get Ian. No one answered when I knocked and I was about to leave when I decided just to see if the door was open. It was open so I went in.
“I knew someone had been up because there were dishes in the sink. I couldn’t find anyone in the apartment though and Ian’s door was closed. I thought that maybe he’d gone back to bed so I was going to go wake him up.
“When I opened the door I saw you two making out. Ian was on top of you holding your hands back. It was the weirdest thing I’d even seen in all my life. I couldn’t figure it out and I was just standing there staring.
“Eventually I closed the door and then decided to tell everyone that Ian wasn’t home because he hadn’t answered the door. They believed me and we went on our way.”
“So you lied to us!” Marshall said a little bit too over dramatically.
“Yea, I figured if they hadn’t told anyone about anything then I shouldn’t either. It was their secret to tell and I just had to keep my mouth shut. I told Alexa when you two disappeared but no one else.” Singer said turning to Marshall.
“Well thanks for keeping it a secret.” Haylee said to Singer.
She was glad that Singer hadn’t said anything. Then it wouldn’t have been quite as fun to mess with Marshall over the phone. She wouldn’t have had as much to play with if everyone knew that they had been dating since at least when Singer saw them. Of course Haylee wasn’t able to figure out when Singer had stumbled in on her and Ian because there had been many make outs like the one he’d described.
Ian kind of laughed at what was going on. He had thought that they would have been found out earlier and was surprised it had taken them this long.
“So how long have you guys been all cuddly like this?” Johnson asked.
“Almost two months now.” Ian said smiling.
They could all see how happy Ian was and how happy Haylee was. It still was weird to them, but it made a little bit more sense now. The smile was still on Ian’s face and Haylee was playing with his hand. He leaned over and kissed her on the cheek because he had an urge to.
“You know, I thought there was something going on when you were always saying that you were with your family.” Marshall said to Haylee. “But I never expected that it was because you were dating Ian. I thought that maybe there was a guy in your life but Ian would have been the last on my list of possibilities.”
Haylee laughed. “I guess I’m not that bad of a liar then.”
“No, you’re still pretty bad.” Cash shook his head.
Ian put his arm around Haylee’s shoulders and pulled her closer to him. She laid her head on his shoulder and kissed his neck. That sent a little shock though everyone that was there. They were almost back to how the original shock had been when Haylee had first kissed Ian in front on them.
“God, all this affection is so weird!” Marshall said throwing up his hands.
“Jealous?” Johnson asked.
“No, it’s just so strange.”
“Okay, well band practice.” Singer said.
“Are we really going to have band practice at,” Johnson looked at the clock, “twelve thirty?”
“We could do acoustic if you’re afraid of the neighbors.” Marshall said.
“Well that means I have nothing to do.” Johnson said setting his drum sticks down. “I’ve been playing all day anyways and my hands hurt.”
Ian set his guitar on the rug closest to his amp and then shut the amp off. He would get up later to pick up his acoustic. For now he wanted to pull Haylee into his arms and just hold her for a moment. He’d missed her a lot. For a while all Ian wanted to do was just have Haylee as close to him as possible and to be able to kiss her as much as he wanted.
Haylee, realizing what Ian wanted, moved to sit in his lap. She curled up against him and he leaned against his amp. She nuzzled his neck for a little bit until Ian bent his neck to kiss her. She met his lips eagerly with hers and in seconds they were locked in a kiss again. The room melted away with all of its sounds.
Marshall and Johnson sat there watching Ian and Haylee. They were still so confused as to how this all had happened. It was going to be hard for them to get used to this.
Cash was better at ignoring them. He started messing with his bass though it was unplugged. He was glad that Ian and Haylee were getting along better than anyone expected them to. All they had really hoped for was that they would at most just ignore each other rather than fight. The fact that they were together was even better.
Singer and Alexa went to the couch in the garage and sat down. They were more concerned with being with each other rather than watching Haylee and Ian like they were something alien. Singer put his arm around Alexa and pulled her in. She put her head on his shoulder. He sang softly to her as a warm up for band practice. She sat curled up against him and stared into his eyes. She played with his hair and kissed his face wherever she could. They were fast becoming lost in their own world as well.
Ian was still kissing Haylee after a few minutes but he knew soon band practice would have to start and he would have to let go of her. That only made him kiss her deeper. She responded by kissing back with more passion.
Eventually they pulled back from each other. Haylee moved to sit on the ground next to Ian. He leaned forward and dragged his guitar case towards him. He took out his acoustic guitar and started tuning it. Haylee started up a conversation with Marshall since he was right there with his keyboard. She was watching Singer and Alexa as well until Alexa noticed that Haylee was watching.
When Singer felt that his voice was ready he officially started the band practice. Haylee knew that the only reason they were having practice so late was so that they could all see her. She was grateful for that because she missed all of her friends and she hadn’t actually seen Singer and Alexa together until now.
Band practice only lasted about an hour, shorter than normal, and then it was just a hang out session. They wanted to just talk and see what was going on. Haylee and Ian found it easy to just be as they had been behind closed doors now with everyone around them. Alexa and Singer were getting more comfortable with each other as time passed.
The other guys were still reeling from Haylee and Ian, but now that Singer and Alexa were starting to be more open as well it was throwing them off. It made Cash miss his girlfriend and wish that she were with him. Johnson and Marshall wanted girlfriends from just watching the two couples. Johnson’s mind wandered off to a girl that he liked. Marshall was more content to just wish he had someone and to watch the couples in the room.
The sun was starting to come up and Haylee knew that she had to get home. Her parents would be getting up soon for work and they couldn’t know that she’d snuck out or her grounded status would be a lot stricter. She sat up and ran her hands though her hair. She had been lying with her head in Ian’s lap while he ran his fingers through her hair and she wished that she could just stay there but now she had to survive a whole day without him… or at least a few hours until her parents and her brother were gone.
“Do you have to get home?” Ian asked her when she sat up.
“Yea, can’t get caught this time.” She smiled.
“I’ll take you home.” He said kissing her cheek.
“See you guys later.” Haylee said standing up.
“HUG!” Johnson demanded when Haylee started to walk towards the now half open garage door.
Haylee smiled at him and gave him the hug he wanted. She tossed Marshall’s hair on her way out and he immediately started to fix it.
Ian put his guitar in its case and then got up to follow Haylee. He ducked under the garage door and caught up with her. She didn’t notice him until he slid his hand into her back pocket.
Everyone in the garage had slid to the floor by this time and was looking out from under the door. They wanted to see what was going on with Ian and Haylee when they didn’t think that anyone was watching. They were interested that Ian had put his hand in her back pocket.
“I’m glad I got to see you today slash last night.” Ian smiled making a slash gesture with his hand.
“I am too. I missed you so much.” Haylee said letting her hip crash into his.
He pushed his hip into hers as a response. Marshall was smiling to himself as he watched this. He thought it was the most adorable thing ever that Ian and Haylee were kind of playing as they walked to his car.
Haylee locked her arms around Ian’s waist as they walked. She kissed him on the cheek.
“Hales?”
“What?”
“I love you.”
“I love you too Ian.”
Ian kissed Haylee again on the cheek and then on the lips.
“Come over later? I’ll call you when it’s safe.” Haylee asked.
“You make it sound dangerous.” He said in a low voice.
“It could be if my parents or my brother caught you there while I am supposed to be grounded.” Haylee said in the same way.
They had made it to Ian’s car and he opened the door for her. She got in and then he went to the driver’s side.
“I guess I could see where that would be a problem. This reminds me… I need your house number so I can call you while you’re on house arrest.” Ian said.
“Where’s your phone?” Haylee asked holding out her hand.
Ian pulled his phone out of his pocket while he was driving with one hand. Haylee took it and punched in her house number then saved it for him. Ian slid it back into his pocket.
It wasn’t a long drive to her house and she was sad to leave the car. Haylee leaned over and kissed Ian good-bye. Now that they were alone they let themselves do as they felt. Their kiss turned into a make out and Ian was pulling Haylee towards him over the center console in the car.
When Haylee sitting on Ian’s lap with her legs over the center console she pulled back. Ian was not fazed and moved to kiss her neck. She wanted him but she knew that she couldn’t have him there in the car in front of her house. Later, she told herself and found the strength to push him back.
“What?” Ian asked her.
“Not now. I have to get inside before my parents get up.”
“Okay.” Ian said sadly.
“I know, I know.” Haylee said sympathetically while cupping his face. “Later.”
“I’ll hold you to that.” Ian kissed her nose.
Haylee climbed out of the car before Ian had a chance to open the door for her. She looked into the car before she shut the door.
“I love you.” She said.
“Love you too Hales.” Ian smiled back.
Haylee shut the door and jogged to her house. Ian stayed to watch her run across her lawn and to make sure she made it into the house. As she opened the door she turned to wave at Ian. He waved back. When she was in the house he pulled away and went back to Marshall’s.
No one had left Marshall’s house when Ian got back. They were all still just sitting as they had been when Ian left to take Haylee home. He was able to slip back into the conversation without a problem.
Haylee got into her room and slipped back into her pajamas. She got into her bed and went to sleep.
Her parents got up for work and got ready. They went to eat breakfast and then they left for work in their separate cars.
Haylee’s brother got up a few hours later and left the house to just be out. He met up with his friends and didn’t plan on coming home until much later. He was at that age where he wanted to believe he was on his own but wasn’t really.
Haylee woke up to find that she was alone. She went to call Ian from her kitchen phone. He answered on the first ring. He was still at Marshall’s but he said he would be at her place in a few minutes. Haylee told Ian the front door would be open and he could just walk in.
She went back to her room after unlocking the front door. She slid under the covers of her bed and snuggled a pillow before closing her eyes. She was still tired and fell asleep quickly.
Ian got to Haylee’s house in record time. He found that the front door was open like she’d said. He locked it behind him and then went up the stairs. He knew where Haylee’s room was and he went straight there.
He went through her door and found her asleep on her bed. He smiled at the sight and then crawled into bed with her. She wasn’t even bothered by him because she was so soundly asleep.
Haylee didn’t even move when Ian wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her shoulder. He pulled her closer to him and made himself comfortable. When Ian’s head hit the pillows he fell asleep.
* * *
When Haylee woke up she found that Ian was snuggled behind her and he was asleep. She looked at the clock and saw that three hours had passed since she’d called him. She rolled in his arms and kissed his nose.
Ian’s nose twitched and then he was still. Haylee started to rub Ian’s cheeks and kiss his nose. He smiled under her touch and moved his head every so often.
“Wake up Ian.” Haylee whispered.
“What?” Ian asked opening his eyes.
“How’s life?” She asked.
All she got in response was Ian pushing his lips to hers. She kissed him back eagerly. Ian’s hands slid under her tank top and she didn’t mind. They were alone now and the feeling from in the car before came back easily.
Haylee slid off Ian’s shirt and tossed it to the floor. Ian did the same to Haylee’s shirt. They continued with their kissing and tugging at each other’s clothes.
Soon there were only Ian’s boxers left and Haylee was teasing him. She was taking her time in removing them. He was getting frustrated that she was taking so long and she would giggle every time he went to take them off himself and then would stop him. Then Haylee did what Ian wanted her to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Halfway through with this story!
Comment Please!
Love you.

Promotions!
Tension's Like A Fire
ATL with powers from their AP shoot? Sounds fun. Just hope that the human bulldozer doesn't make you into a street pizza. (inside joke :D)
A Heart Like That
Although I am slightly frustrated with this Garrett Nickelsen story right now, I can't stop reading it. Hooray Becca for writing this!
Remembering Sunday
Stephie Barakat. Jack Barakat. Brother and Sister. Brother forgets sister. Brother thinks band is more important. Sister changes. Brother and Friends don't recognize Sister.