We're Heading to a Place Where I'll Prove I'm All You Want and More

Are You Sure Now

Tour was long and it was fun. There were a lot of times that Haylee was like herself again and Singer was glad he’d decided to take her along. Now he just hoped that since tour was ending that she wouldn’t go back to how she was.
They got home and Haylee was still fine. She went into her apartment and started up hers and Alexa’s laundry. Alexa was happy that Haylee was doing the laundry. She hated to do it and she thought Haylee did a better job anyway.
The remaining weeks until school started up for Alexa and Haylee passed quickly for them. Before they knew it they were working away at their second year. Alexa had no idea of Haylee’s plan to transfer to Seattle.
Ian was working on music of his own in Seattle. He was happy to be doing this on his own. It was what he’d dreamed of. There were other factors that made him happy though. It had been a while since he’d last seen Haylee, a few months to be exact, and he was okay with that.
There was a girl that he was sort of dating now. Her name was Rachel and she was nothing short of amazing to him. She loved what he loved and could talk for hours about his favorite kinds of music.
As the time passed he asked her to be his girlfriend and she accepted. Ian was thrilled to feel like his life was getting back on track. He didn’t feel so much like he’d messed up anymore. Rachel was perfect for what he needed at this time and he was in love. She was beautiful and she was smart, plus she loved him back.
Haylee had no idea of what was going on with Ian. That was why she continued with her plans to transfer. If she had known that Ian was with someone else now she would have stopped. She would have been crushed. Ultimately she would have moved on.
However, she had no idea and she still felt like he was the one she wanted to be with. She knew that the reason they broke up was stupid and she thought she could fix everything by going back.
Singer and Marshall knew of what was going on with Ian but they never said anything to Haylee. It seemed to them that the best thing for her was to not talk about Ian because she appeared to be getting over him.
They never suspected what she was doing. She wasn’t going to tell them either. If she did tell anyone other than her family what she was doing they would convince her to stay to keep her from getting hurt. Haylee couldn’t see how she could get hurt if she went to Seattle to show Ian that she could change for him. Her family gave her all the support she needed and didn’t have any idea about her ulterior motive to leave.
There was something that would have to be done about the living situation with Alexa. Haylee would have to say something to her. Perhaps after she’d been accepted into the college up in Seattle and after the year was over. She could do that. She was going to leave at the beginning of summer in hopes of seeing Ian and changing his mind sooner. It was hard enough to wait through the school year and not talk to him.
More than anything she wanted to talk to him. She wanted to tell him that she was coming but a gut feeling told her not too. She felt like if she called him she’d seem desperate and Ian wouldn’t want to talk to her. If she waited a year out then he would miss her more and welcome her back when he saw her.
That feeling increased after she’d gotten the approval for the transfer. She had to go to an orientation but that was no big deal. She talked with her parents and they helped her find a small apartment near campus that she could lease for her time there. Her plan had fallen into place perfectly.
Ian still thought of Haylee from time to time. He still felt like she was the thing he’d loved most in the world, but he also felt like that could change. Rachel was fast becoming what Haylee had been. Ian was a little sad to not see Haylee anymore. She was wonderful to just be around, but he knew that there was no way they could be just friends.
He tried to force Haylee out of his mind but she still permeated thoughts even when he was with Rachel. Rachel would do something or say something that would remind Ian of Haylee. A little pain would shoot through his heart but it was easy to ignore. It wasn’t easy to stop loving someone the way he loved Haylee. He just hoped that Rachel would over power that soon.
Finals approached with greater speed this year. Haylee was face first into her books and notes all the time. She occupied herself with studying to avoid talking about life. She couldn’t always keep her plans out of conversation. They would be right on the tip of her tongue when she talked to Johnson. He was the one that understood her best at the moment but she couldn’t even risk telling him. He’d most likely tell her that she was crazy and then he’d tell Singer.
There were faults to not saying anything though. Haylee was still missing that vital part of information that Singer and Marshall knew. Ian’s new girlfriend. Haylee still had no idea, though at this point she was so committed to her transfer idea that she probably would have gone through with it even if she knew.
Coming closer to finals Haylee didn’t go out as much with her friends. They would spend a Friday night out on the Strip and she’d rather be at home in sweats reading. Singer was a little worried about her. Alexa comforted and quieted his worry by telling him that it was near finals and Haylee was the honors student just like he would be. She was good at calming him.
Alexa wasn’t as observant though. Singer felt like there was something up with Haylee. He had no idea what but there was an idea floating in his head that she was hiding something from everyone. He could see it in the way she talked and chose her words carefully when talking about school in particular.
He’d known Haylee as long as Alexa had known her but he was more in tune with her behaviors and her little things that she did. He noticed things that others didn’t even notice about themselves. He knew how to tell that Alexa was nervous and how to know what Cash was thinking just by looking at their faces. Cash was expressive when he was quiet and Alexa’s eyebrows bunched ever so slightly when she was nervous. These things they had no idea of and he hadn’t said anything to make them aware of it.
Haylee was a whole different story. Everything about her let you into her head. Her eyes told him everything. They’d change from moment to moment with her expression even if her face didn’t change. For instance, though she could stand to listen and talk about Ian now Singer could see the little traces of pain in her eyes. He saw the way her eyes got slightly glassy and tighten at the corners before she would look down. If it were really bothering her she would chew on the inside of her lower lip without pulling it in.
Basically he knew she was hiding something and though Alexa had come up with a completely plausible excuse for her behavior, he was still unconvinced. She was hiding something and he had to get to the bottom of it. There was just one problem… how could he get to it without raising Haylee’s suspicion?
After giving Alexa some bogus but unquestionable excuse as to why she couldn’t live in the apartment anymore Haylee moved out. Alexa decided to keep the apartment because she could afford it on her own with her job at the tattoo shop.
Haylee went back to her parents’ house and stayed there for about a week before gathering all her things and leaving. She told Cash what she was doing when he called her. She was already in Seattle by that time and she was on her way to her new apartment. To say that he was mad was an understatement.
Cash couldn’t believe that she’d done this. He didn’t get why she was chasing after Ian like this if he’d never made an attempt to call or talk to her in some way. Haylee just told him it was because she had to do it to make herself feel better.
Singer found out from Cash what Haylee had done. He tried to call her but she didn’t answer his call. She knew it was just going to be him begging her to come home and stop with this ‘outrageous plan’ as Cash had called it.
Johnson was hurt that she’d left without saying good-bye. They’d spent so much time together that he felt like a brother to her and she hadn’t bothered to tell him good-bye. He understood her reasons when she explained to him over the phone, but he just wished that he had had a chance to hug her good-bye and wish her luck.
After everyone knew about what she was doing Haylee had been settled into her new apartment. She looked out the window to the sky. It was a dark gray covered in clouds. She knew it was going to rain soon and she sighed. It was Seattle. There was going to be a lot of rain.
Summer and rain were a new concept to Haylee. She didn’t quite get it and didn’t like it at first. She thought about going home but then pushed that thought out of her mind. The weather was not going to ruin her plan.
Now that she was here she had to figure out how to find Ian. She had no real idea where to start. She thought to call him but that idea still seemed way too scary. So to let herself think for a few weeks she decided to go around the city and figure out what was where. Her brother had brought her car up for her and stayed for a week just to make sure she was okay before flying home so she had a way to get around.
The clouds would clear up every so often and Haylee would spend those days soaking up as much sun as possible. She still wanted to look like she was from Vegas and refused to go to a tanning salon. She thought that she would have to go home on breaks just to see her home and keep up her tan.
Back in Vegas everyone was still confused by Haylee’s plan of action. Some were still hurt that she hadn’t said good-bye but were getting over it. They knew there was no way she could stay away for long. It was only a matter of time before Haylee came back to visit and everything would be fine.
Alexa felt so alone living in her apartment now. She talked to Haylee everyday, but it wasn’t like having her there. She wanted to ask Singer to move in with her. She knew he’d like the idea but she didn’t know if he’d accept.
Tonight she was going to find out though. She was going on a date with him and she planned to ask him after dinner, perhaps during dessert.
Time came around to be date time. Alexa was ready and waiting for that knock on her door. It came and she almost ran to get it. Singer was on the other side with a smile for her. Tonight he also had flowers with him.
“For you.” He smiled handing them to her.
“Awe, they’re so pretty Alex!” She said taking them into the apartment. “I’m going to put them in water before we leave.”
“Okay.”
“What brought on the flowers tonight?” She asked filling a vase.
“I was just driving by a place that was selling them and thought of you. Nothing else.” He shrugged.
Alexa put them on the counter, took one more moment to admire them, and then kissed her boyfriend.
“Thank you.”
“You’re welcome.” He smiled kissing her once more.
They went hand in hand to his car and then he drove to dinner. It wasn’t anything fancy tonight, they were just having a good time being together alone. It was nice to have time without anyone else with them, to be a couple.
Dinner was finished and they went for ice cream after. Alexa knew it was time to say something. She just didn’t know how to phrase it. She’d never asked anyone to live with her before.
“What’s up? You have something on your mind.” Singer said licking some of his ice cream.
She laughed at him and then sighed. He was really cute trying to stop the ice cream from melting.
“Well I feel so lonely in the apartment with Alexa gone now.” Alexa started.
She hoped Singer would catch her drift.
“Uh huh.” Singer said catching another run away drop of ice cream.
“I was kind of thinking that you could move in with me. We’ve been dating for three years next month and I want to go a step further.”
Singer looked at her for a moment. He wanted to move in with Alexa. He really did but there was one thing.
“Will Haylee be coming back?” Singer asked.
“I don’t know. I just know that I want you there.”
“Would she be bothered by it?”
“No, we’d be in the same room so she wouldn’t have an issue if she came back. She’s your best friend Alex.”
“Sure?”
“Yes.”
“Okay, then I will move in if you want me that badly.”
“I do.”
“Consider me in.” He smiled.
Alexa kissed him on the cheek. She was glad to have her boyfriend in agreement with living with her. She was excited to be living with him because she’d never lived with a boy. She hoped they would be okay. In the back of her head she made the mental note to buy a bigger bed.
The next day Alexa bought a bigger bed with Singer. It was brought in that night and he moved in the next day. The room was redecorated to suit the both of them and it seemed like everything was perfect. Only a month and it looked like Singer had been living there the whole time. Everywhere in the apartment was something of his and it felt right.
In Seattle Haylee had met someone. She’d met a woman older than her but still perfectly sweet. They had met in line at Target. It was almost immediate that they were friends. This lady, her name was Peggy, wanted to help Haylee with getting used to living in Seattle.
They were going to have coffee today and talk about what Haylee was doing so far. Haylee was excited because she’d made a friend. Regardless that Peggy was old enough to be her mother she was just a good of friends with her as she was with Alexa.
Haylee spotted her in the back of Starbucks and sat at the table with her. They started talking and then something huge was found out.
They’d realized that they had no idea what each other’s last names were.
“I’m Haylee Westerhold.”
“Peggy Crawford.”
“Sorry, did you just say Crawford?” Haylee asked.
“Yep, been that name for thirty-one years.”
“Oh, I used to know someone by the name of Crawford. It just brought me back a second. I knew him when I was in Vegas.”
“Him? What was his name?” Peggy was intrigued.
“Ian.”
Peggy stared at Haylee. Something had just fallen into place in her mind. She knew who Haylee was. She’d never met her but she knew who she was. When Peggy froze up so did Haylee. She knew what Peggy knew.
“Ian’s my son.” She said.
“He is? I had no idea.”
“Yea, I know you. You were the girl he was dating when he was in Vegas. All he did was talk about you. I knew you looked familiar. He’d sent me a picture of you and him once. Adorable.”
“Yea, if only it were still that way.” Haylee sighed stirring her coffee.
“Well he’s got his own place now. He moved out a week after living back with us. I guess having that apartment in Vegas changed his mind about living. Here’s the address.” Peggy said writing it down. “Do you have his cell phone number still? I’ll give you the apartment phone.”
“You don’t have to. I mean, he broke up with me.”
“No, no.” She said waving Haylee’s words away. “You should go see him.”
She pushed the paper across the table and Haylee took it. She folded it and put it in her pocket. She felt like she shouldn’t go see him but this was what she came here for after all.
“That’s so amazing that we ran into each other!” Peggy said.
“I know.”
“Well if you ever need someone to talk to or help you, you have my number. I have to get going though.”
“Okay, thanks.” Haylee smiled.
Peggy left. It had been an hour that they’d talked. Haylee sat at the table a while longer. She pulled out the address and phone numbers that Peggy had written out. She crumbled it in her hand and squeezed her fist. Ian was right in her reach and she was scared out of her mind. Quickly she flattened out the paper and put it back in her pocket.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the twist that lets me keep writing this. Ian has a girlfriend now and Haylee has finaly met his mom. So what happens next?

Promotions!
Tension's Like A Fire
ATL with powers from their AP shoot? Sounds fun. Just hope that the human bulldozer doesn't make you into a street pizza. (inside joke :D)
A Heart Like That
Although I am slightly frustrated with this Garrett Nickelsen story right now, I can't stop reading it. Hooray Becca for writing this!
Remembering Sunday
Stephie Barakat. Jack Barakat. Brother and Sister. Brother forgets sister. Brother thinks band is more important. Sister changes. Brother and Friends don't recognize Sister.