We're Heading to a Place Where I'll Prove I'm All You Want and More

We’ve Got Everything We Need So Turn The Music Up

Singer and Cash were in Cash’s bathroom putting on their graduation robes and fixing whatever they needed to. Earlier that day Singer’s mom had straightened his hair and he was now running a brush though it to make it look nice. Cash was playing with his own hair.
“You know, I’ve been thinking of shaving my head.” Cash said.
“Really? Why?”
“Well my hair has been this way for a while and I think it might look cool.”
“My mom will probably do it for you if you want.” Singer said.
“I have to think about it still, but yea I’ll ask her when I decide to do it.”
“Nothing beats a free hair cut.”
There was a moment of silence. Cash wanted to say something to Singer about Alexa. It was blatantly obvious that the girl had a crush on him and he just couldn’t see it. Cash wanted to do something about that because he felt bad for Alexa. She was so scared and timid that she didn’t know how to do anything around Singer let alone speak. He just didn’t know how to bring it up. He decided to just cut to the chase.
“Alexa likes you, Alex.” Cash blurted out.
Singer turned to him with raised eyebrows.
“What are you talking about?”
“Alexa, you know the cute girl you’ve been friends with since middle school or whatever you told me?”
“Yea, but what makes you think she likes me?”
“It’s obvious. She can’t talk around you because she’s so nervous. She likes you a lot and you can’t see that.”
“Well because she doesn’t say anything.”
“Try to make her comfortable and she will talk. That girl likes you and you should do something about it. From the two years that I’ve known her, she’s good and you’d be lucky to have her.”
“Whatever you say.” Singer said not really believing Cash.
“Don’t just blow this off man.”
Singer didn’t say anything. It was interesting to him that this was something he had not picked up on since he was so perceptive. He noticed everything but somehow he’d missed this? On top of that Cash had noticed and that was saying something.
He knew he was going to have to be extra observant now without making Alexa worried. She was cute and if what Cash had said turned out to be true, he would do something about it. He kind of liked her too.
Singer looked at Cash in the mirror and then started laughing when they made eye contact. Cash looked at him like he was crazy. Singer stopped and then went back to his hair.
“What was that all about?” Cash asked puzzled.
“Could you have been any blunter about that?”
“Oh, well I just wanted to get that out was all.”
“Consider it heard and listened to.”
“Good. I expect you to do something.”
The boys went down stairs to where their families were. They posed for pictures that they wanted to take and then they were off to the ceremony.
Haylee, Alexa, Ian, Marshall, and Johnson were all in Haylee’s car as she drove to the graduation ceremony. Ian had been forced to take the front passenger seat next to Haylee and he made it out like it was the worst thing ever. Alexa, Johnson, and Marshall had all climbed into the back before he’d had a chance to get into the car. He would have taken his own car if it weren’t for Johnson making him come over and then realizing that he was going to have to go in Haylee’s car with the rest of them. Of course he was making it worse than it had to be and worse than it really was. He didn’t actually mind sitting next to Haylee because she was driving and not talking.
Haylee made it back to Liberty High but parked in the adjacent parking lot so that she could get out of there without all the traffic congestion. The five of them walked across the street with their admission tickets in hand. Haylee was a little miffed that she had to go back on to school grounds, but it was for her friends so it was okay.
They gave their tickets to the teacher at the entrance to the football field turned graduation platform. All five of them headed for the bleachers where the Colligans and DeLeons were sitting. Ian made sure not to sit next to Haylee because he knew that they would end up touching. Some of the things he did were a bit childish but he wouldn’t admit that to himself.
The graduation process started and they watched the graduates walk out. Alexa spotted Singer before anyone else. She pointed him out to Haylee and then she passed it on to his family. Cash was spotted by Ian and then Cash’s family found him.
The whole graduation lasted a long time. There were speeches and awards to be given out before the graduates could even walk across the stage to receive their diplomas. The whole section where the Colligans and the DeLeons were sitting cheered for each of the boys as they walked across the stage.
Once all the graduates had received their diplomas they threw their caps into the air. Singer tossed his and then caught it so that he wouldn’t lose it. Cash threw his as high as he could because he was happy to just leave the school. He picked up whatever cap was next to him and then they followed the other graduates going to meet their families on the field.
Ian and Johnson had taken off to get to the field and jump around with their friends for having graduated before any of the rest of them could get up. Haylee and Alexa got to the field. Haylee found Ian by looking for his hair and then found Singer and Cash. She pulled Alexa along behind her and then left her to stand in front of Singer.
He saw Alexa in front of him and gave her the biggest hug he’d ever given her. He was so excited to have graduated from high school and he was going to show it. She hugged him back feeling the excitement rolling off of him. When they had hugged she went to Cash to congratulate him. That’s how it went for the next half an hour while all the families congratulated their graduates.
The boys in the band all knew they had a certain amount of time before they had to leave for dinner and then the show they had to play. They left the school and headed to the restaurant they were all going to go to.
Ian sat next to Haylee without a bad thing to say. In fact he was talking to her without being mean for once. He never said anything nice about her, but he was never mean the whole dinner either.
Alexa was getting a bit more comfortable with all the excitement and she was actually able to have a conversation with Singer where she got in some witty things that made him laugh so hard his stomach hurt. Cash took this all in while sitting with his girlfriend, Arielle, who’d met him at the restaurant. She wasn’t able to find him at graduation but she saw him walk. She had to be with her family since her older sister was graduating, but she was allowed to see Cash for dinner and go to the show.
It was almost a rush to get back to Marshall’s where the van and trailer were. It was loaded and ready to go. Singer and Cash gave their parents their caps and gowns before leaving with their friends to get to Marshall’s.
Once the guys were all there they piled into their van and started out of the show. They had to get there to set up and they were cutting sound check time close.
Alexa and Haylee went back to Haylee’s house to clean up and get ready of the show. Alexa gushed the whole time about the dinner with Singer and went over every detail. When she asked Haylee how dinner was for her she said it was pleasant and that Ian hadn’t said one thing to her that was mean. Alexa raised her eyebrows but Haylee pushed it off like it was nothing though it meant the world to her that she’d had a conversation with Ian and he was civil.
The two girls got into Haylee’s car and drove to the small club that the show was at. It was a short drive and Haylee was quite while she drove. This gave Alexa time to think about what had happened between her and Singer. She thought that he was picking up on her feelings but she wasn’t sure. It could have just been his excitement for having graduated high school.
Singer was at the entrance putting Haylee and Alexa on the guest list so that they could get in early and find a good spot to watch from. He knew that they had tickets already because they’d bought them from him, but he wanted them to both feel special tonight. He wanted Haylee to feel special because she was missing prom and wanted Alexa to feel special because she liked him, or so Cash said, and he liked her.
When Haylee and Alexa arrived they followed the text that Singer had sent to Alexa and went to the box office window of the club.
“Name?” The staff member asked.
“Haylee and Alexa.” Haylee said.
“Haylee Westerhold and Alexa O’Conner?”
“That’s us.”
“Go to the door. Someone will let you in.” The staff member said pointing to the door to the left of the window.
They walked to the door while other people stared at them. A girl opened the door and asked for their tickets. They handed them over, she looked at them and then handed them back. The girl moved so that Haylee and Alexa could walk in. The door was shut behind them before they could hear the people outside protesting that they were getting in an hour early.
The two girls walked in slowly and looked around. There was no one that they recognized. The opening band was on stage setting up. Haylee grabbed Alexa’s hand and pulled her towards the back of the club. She’d seen all of the guys in a room back there. The door was still open so she walked in with Alexa behind her.
“Alex.” Haylee said to Singer.
Alexa, Johnson, Singer, and Marshall all looked at Haylee. She laughed at the hilarity of the situation and then corrected herself.
“Singer.”
The others went back to what they were doing before they were called. Alexa’s eyes locked onto Singers for a moment before they both looked away. Haylee was too absorbed in watching what was happening between her two friends to notice that Ian was in the corner of the couch checking her out. He was noticing the way her legs looked in the skinny jeans she was wearing and how the tank top she was wearing cut low in a scoop neck and hung loose about her body. He stopped himself from checking her out when she glanced at him. All Haylee saw as him look away from her and took that as his normal ignoring her. It didn’t bother her much.
By this time Alexa had let go of Haylee’s hand and had taken a few steps towards Singer. They were talking, well Singer was doing most of the talking since Alexa had clamed up, and seemed to be lost in their own bubble. This hadn’t happened often, but it was something that Haylee could pick up on from Alexa’s body language. Everything about her was focused on Singer and he noticed this too.
Haylee decided to give them as much privacy as one room with seven people in it could give them and went to talk to the three guys standing in a loose circle. Cash pulled Haylee into a hug when she stood next to him. Then she had to hug Marshall and Johnson. Ian did not get up but he watched what was happing in the room from behind his sunglasses. Occasionally he threw a comment into the conversation going on closest to him but mostly he just plucked at his guitar. He would have joined the half circle of his friends, but Haylee was there and he didn’t feel like fighting.
It wasn’t long before people were being allowed into the club. Singer took Haylee and Alexa to the side of the stage. He wanted them to have the best place in the house. Haylee was secretly thrilled that this area was on the same side of the stage that Ian was going to be on. Ian didn’t really care much. He wasn’t going to notice her when he was playing his guitar. There wasn’t much he noticed when he had a guitar in his hands. Ian was lost when he was making music.
The first two opening bands played and then The Cab was on. Haylee and Alexa watched from the side of the stage and sang along. Singer walked over to them and sang for a moment before running to the other side of the stage.
No one noticed that when Ian hit those solos of his Haylee’s eyes were glued to him. She found him even more attractive when he was lost in his music. It helped that they were all lost in the moment when on stage so no one noticed there. Alexa saw that Haylee was watching Ian but figured it was because he was the center of attention at that moment.
The two girls had the most fun they’d had in a long time. Haylee had forgotten about prom and didn’t even care. This was better than prom could have possibly been she told herself. Alexa couldn’t have cared if she was at the prom. She just didn’t see the point of it so she was fine with being at the show; she had more fun here than she could have anywhere else.
After the show the guys went out to meet fans. Haylee and Alexa went to their van and just hung out until they slowly started loading up the trailer and climbing into the van.
Singer invited the two girls to spend the night at his place where the others were staying. They both agreed to and went to Haylee’s car. The parking lot had cleared by then and they were able to get out with no problems.
At Haylee’s place they grabbed some of her pajamas and then drove to Singers after letting their parents know where they would be.
When they got there Singer had a movie set up and ready to play. Johnson was in the kitchen eating Del Taco that he had picked up on the way home. Haylee stole a few fries from him and he groaned at her though he really didn’t mind.
Alexa settled on the couch next to Ian.
“Hey.” She said.
“What’s up? Like the show?”
“Yea, it was great. I had a good time.” She said.
“I’m glad.”
“I think Haylee had a good time too. She forgot about prom.”
“That’s good.” Ian said not really wanting to talk about her.
Alexa nodded to herself remembering that Ian didn’t like Haylee much. She started up a conversation with Ian that had nothing to do with Haylee or the show. It was about the movie they were about to watch.
Cash was settling into the mass of blankets that he had on the floor and then making sure that Arielle was comfortable lying against his chest. Johnson finished up his late dinner and Haylee followed him out of the kitchen to the TV room where everyone else was. Haylee took the chair that was left alone and settled into it. She pulled a blanket over herself.
Singer sat next to Alexa and offered to share a blanket with her. This gesture was nothing too special since he shared with everyone, but it still made Alexa’s heart beat a little faster. Johnson squished himself into the small space between the arm of the chair and Haylee. She tossed the other half of the blanket over him and he tucked the edges around himself.
The movie started up and one by one they all started to drift off to sleep. Ian was the last one awake. He got up from the couch to turn off the DVD player and the TV.
For a moment he stood there in the dark and then went down the hall to Singer’s room. He wasn’t going to sleep on the couch so he laid on Singer’s bed and closed his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay!! Comments? I need love other than from Cassie guys!! Cassie, I <3 you.
PROMOTE!:
Tension's Like A Fire