When Will The Tide Turn

Layla's Story Goes Unspoken

Layla managed to make it through the night thanks to the mysterious being that seemed to know and be able to respond to her every thought perfectly. So Layla was pleasantly greeted by the overly bright morning sun that reminded her that she was actually supposed to go to her friend Sarah's parents block party. The thing about it though was that all of her family was supposed to be there and Layla was slightly nervous about that. Layla was not exactly known for getting along greatly with families. Then again Sarah was an extremely nice and shy person so Layla hoped that it was coming from a good family. Layla wanted to call last minute and say she couldn't go but she figure anything was better than staying home with her family. They really needed some separation lately.

Layla got up realizing how late in the morning it actually was, she was so tired and out of it that she forgot to even think about the guardian like character that appeared to help her that night. By the time she had thought of him he was of course gone. 'It's true, I am not perfect. IN fact I lack very much in security. So much to when it makes me break down and cry. Making my bright eyes red and weary. Now it is obvious that I can't sleep at night, because I need his protective presence around me while I dream.'

When the time finally came to arrive at Sarah's house Layla was of course running late because of her overly pre-Madonna family who had to run back into the house four million times to get all of their necessities. Layla's family was planning to drop her off then head to her Uncle Frank's house for a tiny party. Eventually they got there and Layla's whole family just stayed in the car and stared critically at Sarah as Layla walked up the front steps to her standing on the front porch waiting. Of course Mrs. Jeanette sent Mr. Jeannette into the house to meet the parents and come back with a full report so that Mrs. Jeannette had her pick of what small detail to pass judgment on. Luckily it seemed that Sarah and her family were doing a good job passing judgment so possibility of future get together looked promising.

When Sarah's family started arriving Layla was immediately astounded by how well everyone got along, and the sight of actual happy mingling between family members was something completely new to her. Sarah's grandmother complemented Layla's 'long beautiful hair', and Sarah's uncle was funny and didn't seem to have that 'I hate immature younger nieces' vibe that Layla always got from her uncles. Then there was Sarah's immediate family. Her mother was very kind, but Sarah claimed that she was 'moody' because it was her special time of the month; Layla saw no moodiness though. Sarah's father was very nice, embarrassing a bit to Sarah, but generally very nice and a good badminton player. Lastly Sarah's older brother, he was not like what Layla thought most sixteen year old brother's should be. He was also fairly nice, nicer than she expected. He joined in with the family conversations, and even played volleyball and badminton with her and Sarah.

Layla was having a great time watching a family that actually enjoyed each others company. Sadly she was interrupted an hour early by her disgruntled father. Apparently he had come home, with Mary and Mrs. Jeannette, early from her Uncle Franks. Layla forgot to turn on her cell phone so he was pretty peeved. Layla felt bad because she had thought that she would be able to stay later, but she forgot to factor in the fact that Mr. Jeannette, along with the rest of the family, hate Frank so if something happened he would show up early and pissed.

Later that evening Layla was told what her parents though of Sarah and her parents. Mainly they approved which was all that mattered. So Layla was able to keep this kind, trustworthy friend. Of course there were some harsh side notes that really did not matter in the long run. So Layla wound up spending the rest of the night playing "Kings In The Corner" with her father. Layla's grandfather taught her how to play, she hadn't played since he died. She used to play with him all the time, he was the only person she couldn't beat. He was her master, and she used her skills to defeat the rest of the family. Layla let her father win to put him in a better temperament.

That night Layla had the help of that mysterious stranger back to save her from a night of horror. He kept her awake and her good mood from Sarah's kind family lasted. He kept her in that same state where she was resting yet she was awake. So there was no harmful dreaming. 'And I know what insanity feels like. I can not quite, explain what it is like. Feeling scared despite, the dead bolt is locked in the door. Please hold me while I sleep, please notice my pain. Give me a sanctuary, some place to be safe. Be my sanctuary, be my safe place.'