Other Colors

Daddy

"So you basically tried to convince everyone that i was sort of an idiot savant?"

"Yes"

"Then what?"

June 23rd 1998 2:56 pm

"Arlene, why don't you go play in your little box house with Rachel?"
Arlene walked on over to a large cardboard box that had a cut out badly drawn door in the front and knocked on it twice."Hello?Ray-Ray ya there?"asked Arlene "C'min!" responded a very exited little Rachel.

"Roger please don't leave us-your daughter really needs you right now."

"Dammit Tesse I've had enough of this kid. I'm getting calls from the office saying 'uh hi, your kids in the principals office because she apparently had a temper tantrum when her show and tell project sucked and they booed her' how can I deal with something as stupid as that?"

"Well she's basically the only 6 year old in the world that loves Astronomy. She's a bit obsessed about it but what's wrong with a smart girl?"

"A smart GIRL. She's reading books by Steven Hawking! Nobody her age-especially her genger-should have concerns for such things! She'll never get married and be a mother that way!"

"Why the hell are you so concerned about that? She 6 years old for chrissake! Where are you going?"

"To live with Tonya-"

"That whore from the office?She'll kick you out when she finds out about your wig!"

Arlene runs out of her box and heads off to the front door."Daddy where are you going?Daddy!Daddy don't go....Daddy!"

"Dad never was really-"