You're All I Need

I want to go home

Often a child repeatedly wishes to go home, whether it's an awkward situation, or a dangerous one. The phrase “I want to go home” will run through their mind like wild fire until they get home, but where is home, when you're living situation is where you don't want to be. Home is often known as a "safe haven" a place where no one can hurt you, and if you do get hurt, is it really your home? You don't have to live in a home, it could be your friend's house that is considered home. But where is home when you feel no comfort? Where is home to Lucy? She was sitting in the dark closet pleading to go home. But when you’re sitting in a house you live in, where exactly is home? When no where you goes makes you feel warmth or safety, where is home? When all you feel is fear, your mind can't even be called home. Tears were streaming down her face, thought of her mother were flooding her mind. The sharpest image was when her mother first met Ray.
~
“Something’s not right with that man Lucy! I’m telling you, he just looks pure evil, Satan in mans body!” her mother shrieked.
“MOM! I came here to introduce you to the man I LOVE, so you could get to know him, not call him the devil! If you don’t respect him, then you obviously don’t respect me! I’m leaving, and you can forget about ever having a daughter, because you respect your children, not tell them they’re in love with the devil!” Lucy hissed, as she slammed the door, never retuning, nor looking back at her child hood home.

~
If this were any other situation, she’d be sitting in her mother’s living room, seeing the irony in just how right her mother was. But there is no other situation, there is no time for Lucy to sit there pondering if, and's, or buts. She knew she’d either have to kill, or be killed to get out f this situation. What am I gonna do?! How will I ever get out of this fucking mess?!
“I’m going to work Lucy, and I’ll head straight home. Please don’t try anything stupid, I love you and I don’t want to have to hurt you.” with that Ray left the room, and the house, heading towards the hospital. Lucy always found it ironic, that a man so cynical like, Ray could be a surgeon, saving lives daily; only to come home from work and ruin her life.
Lucy turns her head, looking around the closet. I need an escape, there has to be a way out. I will not die in here, I refuse to die in here! She carefully studied the closet, left to right, and only when her eyes reached the far right did something catch her eye. Lucy always hated Ray’s passion for hunting, he was a doctor, and on his weekends in fall he would take a break from saving people, only to go into the wild and ruthlessly slaughter animals!There, against the wall in the corner was Ray’s hunting rifle. A glint shone in Lucy’s eyes, she just may have found her escape!