It Slowly Took You Away.

'Cause the Hardest Part of This Is Leaving You...

I slightly rocked back and forth on the couch. The news hadn’t processed correctly through my brain. She was going to die and I couldn’t stop it.They found it too late; there wasn’t a big chance that she would make it. It was too far ahead. Chemo was such a waste of time, the doctors would say.
She didn’t have anymore hair on her head. That hair made her face have life; made her honey eyes stand out. Oh those eyes; her beautiful radiant honey eyes were now a dull brown. She couldn’t walk and it took a toll on her to talk. How that malevolent disease has confided her to her bed and only her bed; making her weaker and weaker.
"Honey, you ok?" Aly whispered.
"She can’t die, Aly, she can’t," I whispered, not ripping my sight to face her. Cancer was sucking the life out of my best friend, the only person I could trust in this horrible life. I wanted nothing but her.
I was angry at the world, the stupid doctors for not helping and myself for not telling her how my heart felt for her. I felt numb but I could still feel this aching that shot waves of nausea into my blood every time I would think about it.
This is too hard on me, too hard on her mother; on her father. They told us that she can pass at any time. I felt a sudden shot of the awful nausea run up my spine into my brain. I had to close my eyes to steady myself a bit.
My eyes began to water. I want my old best friend back… the real love of my life. I can’t fathom life without her there by my side; even if I could never have her as more than a friend. I wanted her. My tears began to spill once again.
"Babe, it’s ok. They’ve done everything they could possible,” Aly said.
"No, they haven’t. They don’t know the pain. She going to be gone and I can’t do anything about it," I whispered, tears trickling down my face once more. I bit my lip hard to try to prevent more tears from trickling down my insipid face. She pulled me closer to her; almost immediately I broke down. I did love Aly, but I would never love her to the degree I loved Kelly. Kelly was certainly my soul mate.
"Shhh, baby, it’s going to be ok,” she whispered as she ran her hand through my hair. My head buried into her chest and I heard an unfamiliar voice ran through the air in the living room, soon after hearing the door slam and greetings from Mr. and Mrs. Amano, Kelly’s parents.
"Come in," Mrs. Amano said in a harsh, forced voice. Her poor mother had been crying all day; ever since she found out her only daughter’s fate.
"Thank you Mr. And Mrs. Amano," He addressed as he came into the room. He nodded slightly. I took sight of who it was and shot up from my chair.
"She can't leave yet! She has to hang on," I cried as I heard the priest’s deep but soothing voice. I heard a low moan from Kelly in the next room.
"Gerard, please, this suffering can't go on," her mother screeched.
"NO! Please, No." I hiccupped pathetically as I buried my face into my hands.
"Gerard, please. This way to her room, father." Her father said, his voice cracking unexpectedly. The priest followed him to her room. I ran to the door, blocking it from anyone that wanted to get in. They couldn’t take her from me yet. I had to drink up her presence one last time.
"Please Gerard, can you move? Don’t make this more difficult than it already is," her mother hissed. I sharply shook my head. I refuse to move a muscle.
"Honey, please?" her honey suckle voice making me move. I collapsed on the floor. I feel someone pull me up and onto a chair. I opened my bloodshot eyes and meet Aly's stable ones.
"Can I see her?" I whispered. She nodded and took my hand to lead me to her. I felt a sudden wave of dizziness come over me.

Turn Away, If You Could Get Me A Drink of Water 'Cause My Lips Are Chapped and Faded…

She was so pale, so weak, and so small. She was attached to various life depending machines. Her breathing looked like it hurt. They're all right; we have to stop the pain.

…Now Turn away, 'Cause I'm Awful Just to See; All My Hairs Abandoned All My Body, Oh My Agony…

Her life was slipping away and I couldn't do anything to help her. My insides twisted and my mouth went dry from holding back tears. I placed my hand over my mouth and felt my emotions overwhelm me. I walked over to her and kneeled besides her bed.
"Can I be alone with her once more?" I whispered facing her.
"Of course," her mother voice killed the awkward silence. They filed out of the room and closed the door behind them.
"Hey Kelly, its Gerard," I chuckled through my tears. “Now that I’m here I don’t know what to tell you. First of all, I want to tell you something that I should have told you a long time ago,” I sighed and took a few seconds to force the words out of my throat. I cleared it to make it easier. “I love you. I love you more than a friend. I never told you because friends aren’t supposed to fall in love with their friends,” I smiled while I took a hold of her hand. “I want you to know that I’ve treasured every moment I’ve been with you; every laugh smile, moment spend in your presence has been a gift from God. Please don’t leave me,” I let go all of my inhibitions and start to cry into her hand. All I could hear were the machines breathing for her, causing my insides to tumble against each other. I felt like my eyes would dry out from all the crying.
“Please, don’t leave me Kelly. I need you in my life,” I continued to sob on.
“I’m sorry. I love you too Gerard. I will always have you in my heart,” she forced out before turning to face me. She had opened her eyes for the first time in weeks and I saw her eyes tumbling with tears.
“Can I ask you for one last thing?”
“Anything.”
“Please kiss me, one last time. I want to remember your sweet lips forever.” My heart jumped and I didn’t think twice about what I was doing.
Her lips were so soft and warm. I wanted to stay with her like this forever.
“I love you, okay?” she placed her hand on my cheek and let her tears spill. She closed her eyes and her hand went rigid cold.
“No, no, no!” I became frantic. Everything was trembling inside me.

And I just hope you know, that if you say goodbye today, I'll ask you to be true 'Cause the Hardest Part of This Is Leaving You.

Dead Line.