Into My Web

Discovered

The walls seemed to close in, everyday that i was away from him. The dry spot in the back of my throat spread into my lungs. Coughing wasn't eliminating the feeling. The house started to feel more like a prison. One I had sentenced myself too. My mother became desperately worried, asking why i didn’t leave the house, why I didn't offer to do anything with her.

"I just dont feel like it, Im sorry."

Yesterdays, Todays and Tomorrows excuse.

"Honey, you have to leave the house. You can mope around like this all day"

"...Im not moping."

Actually, i was. But i wasnt moping, the better term is 'avoiding the outside civilisation'. Going outside meant risking the possibility of running into Oliver while he searched for me. The last place i figured he looked was here, but you never know.

Days had been now, and message upon message was left on my phone, imprinted into the memory. Pages lined with messages from him. Sorry messages, angry messages, pleading messages and the blank messages that left me questioning what he really meant to write in them.

"Games over, come home now. Mother and Tom are worried."

One thing i did realise in the messages, was the lack of emotion from his side. Always from his mother or brother, but never did he admit to wanting me back himself.

"You stare at the phone like its the end of the earth, do you want to talk about it?"

"...No." i mumbled, throwing the phone behind me, hearing it fall into the softness of the lounge with a meek thud.

"He must still love you, Why would he bother after all this time?"

I rolled my eyes. I must admit, even I'd lost track of the days. "Mum, its hardly been a week."

"Oh." Her mouth was left in a small 'o'. "My mistake." she threw me a smile, picking up my empty cup and exiting the room.

Without control, my fingers grasped my phone again. Surely another brief glance over the messages couldnt hurt. Maybe i missed something.

Boy, was I the fool or what?

Hour after hour i would check my phone. No messages yet. Maybe he's given up. I sighed, something inside me clicked over. I never really wanted Oliver to give up looking, the chase is what thrilled me. Maybe believing he'd actually search for me would prove to me it wasnt all just lies and deceit.

...and maybe i was a hopeless romantic with a hopeless love life.

How cliche.

My mother strutted into the room. "I dont care what you say, take this..." she handed me the dog collar. "... and take that mutt for a walk, please? It's climbing the walls for attention." she placed her hands on her hips. "And between it and you, i dont know whose the more upset."

"Whatever...."

I'd never seen the dog bounce so high and for so long in my life.

"She likes the park, she hasnt been there in a while. Take your time, i dont want to see you back here within the hour, You hear me?"

As Oliver had recalled, Amaya's mother lived in this town. Small beyond words. Cozy was a nicer way to put it. Digging his hands into his pockets, he gazed around the town center. Maybe someone near by knew Amaya's family.

It would be highly likely - considering how small the town really was.

Where to start first was the answer.

A little to the left he'd witnessed the dog park, couples and families springing along, dragging unhappy dogs behind them on tight leashes.

He shook his head, better to not make a scene. He didnt want Amaya to know he was coming.

Down the street to the right, there sat a small cafe. Sprinkles of people littered the walkway, some on their way to the dog park. He strode off towards the Cafe. A coffee before his hunt couldnt hurt.

It had been a few days since the doctor had told him that Amaya had been discharged. Amaya must have tricked the doctor into thinking Oliver was outside, because by the look the doctor gave him when he asked for Amaya... well lets just say neither of them knew who was the bigger idiot.

His bed had been cold on her side for too long. He knew he'd blown it, but he needed her back in his life. She'd been the piece he was missing, the cream on his dessert. She had changed him, and he'd been a fool to not tell her that.

Somewhere trapped in his thoughts, he shook his head as a brunette walked past him. Skinny and pretty, the girl looked about Amaya's age. Jumping to his feet, he stepped out in front of the woman.
She almost walked right over him.

"Excuse me......"

I'd let PJ off the leash, bounding down the brick path, the dog disappeared into the sea of people. I sighed, finally reliquishing in the solitude and serenity. Pity that i left my phone at home, but i figured i left it there for a reason, maybe im better off without it.

The park was littered with people, families, couples and the odd jogger wearing pants way to tight to be seen in public. I curled my nose up as they ran past. But what drew my eyes across the park was a young couple. Barely older than I would have been. She had lovely auburn hair, curled neatly around her face. He had dark hair, dark eyes and payed attention to only her. The whole world could have been on fire and it wouldnt have bothered him. He gazed at her face, eyes never leaving her for a second. She did most the talking, and for myself, that would have driven me crazy.

And i knew instantly that i wouldnt want a guy like him.

You know how the main girl in the story would crave a boy who cared and smothered her in gifts and kisses. Well that sort of thing makes my stomach turn. Not because its gross, but because a girl cant be bought with gifts. If you love her, prove it. But in saying so, kisses and toys dont prove a thing.

I should know.

"Amaya?"

I froze, my eyes snapping away from the couple sitting across the park. My fingers gripped the wooden seat underneath as i prepared myself to bolt. Perking myself upright i glanced over my shoulder, a confused look spread across my face.

"Do i know you?"

She scoffed. "You dont remember me?" she out stretched her arms. "You serious?" Her dark brown hair moved over her face, covering dark blue eyes. Her nose was small, almost button like. And her large eyes were anything to fall into.

I squinted. My mind boggled with memories and ideas, and she expected me to rememeber a face like hers. I mean, it was rememberable but I’d be fucked if i could remember her today.

"Im sorry, I-I dont...." i stammered as she took the seat next to mine, smiling like a kid staring at a lolly, or a puppy. i lent back into my seat, more scared than curious as to who she was.

"Halley, we went to school...."

"Oh yeah! i remember now." i returned her smile, still keeping to myself and as far away from her as possible.

"I heard you moved away."

I lowered my head, muttereding quietly. "I did."

She nodded. "You just visiting? You were apparently living the dream."

I scoffed back a laugh. "Whoever told you that is a liar."

"Actually, speaking of rumours. A dark haired handsome bloke was looking for you the other day. Gorgeous beyond words he was..... Amaya, you alright?"

I dropped my dog leash, perking straight up onto my feet. "What did he look like?" i asked quickly, the sentence seeming like one large word.

"Jeez!" she sighed staring up at me. "He was..... good looking, I'll tell you that. Piercings. One here..." she pointed to her lips, left side first. "And here." she moved her finger across to the other side. "Said his name was Oliver."

"PJ! Here girl!" i called to the dog, numerous passer bys just staring as i called out.

"Amaya, you okay?"

I turned to the girl. "Halley was it? I dont really remember you, but I’m glad we were never real close friends. This Oliver boy is bad news. I'll be honest with you about him, but for gods sake, please tell me you didnt tell him where my mother lived!"

I felt PJ's wet nose brush against my hand. I ruffled the hair on her head as i bent down to click the leash around her neck.

"How did you know that he....."

I knew leaving the house was a bad idea today.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh noes!

Coming to the end of this story :)

Still a few more chapters, so dont worry yet... but soon