Status: I'll update as often as possible!

A Kat Let Into Hogwarts

The Weasleys

 
“Mum?”
 
She nodded. And I must say, not what I was expecting. But life is full of surprises. Especially when you get a letter saying you’re a witch.
 
“Alright, where do we start? Well, Kat, as you know, you’re a witch. And you know that tattoo you have on your arm?” I nodded and she continued, “That is called a dark mark. I have one that is very similar. All you need to remember, is you are a pureblood and you’re proud of it. Well, if you count the fact that your father is a squib, then you’re not a pureblood. But, he is in fact from all wizard descendants, so I think it counts.”
 
“What is a squib?”
 
“Really? Your father really did keep this a secret.” My father looked down at his feet.
 
“You know, I told your father if he kept it a secret, I would kill him.” My father’s head snapped up and he backed up a little looking absolutely terrified. I stared into my mother’s eyes and sensed that she was truly evil. My father was protecting me. My mother took out her wand and I scrambled into the corner. I curled up into a ball and watched.
 
“Avada Kedavra!”
 
My father dropped to the floor and stared at me with blank, dead eyes. It took me a moment to process what had happened. Is me being a witch really that big of a deal? Oh great, I am going to spend of the rest of my life in terror, because this is my entire fault. So I began to cry. He was dreadful to me, but I just saw him die. How can you not feel bad? I turned my attention to my mother. The man with her, Severus, turned to me sorrowfully. He motioned for me to run. So I did. I ran the hell out of there. My mum called my name and demanded for me to return. I didn’t. I continued to run until I ran into a woman. She could tell how terrified I was.
 
“Dear, you look like you have just seen a dementor,” she said. I gazed at her in awe, what is a dementor? She had red hair and looked very kindly at me. She was very plump, but friendly.
 
“Excuse me,” I said while I turned around.
 
“Sweetheart, are you all right?” I looked back and saw my mother approaching me.
 
“No, I’m not alright! Not at all!” I ran into the nearest shop. It was some sort of bookstore. I sat in a chair nearest the door and wept for a few moments. Someone tapped my shoulder, which made me jump a bit. It was the woman. But this time she wasn’t alone. There were four others behind her. They resembled her with the red hair, so I figured they must be her children. One was about my age, two were definitely twins, and one was roaming around picking up random books.
 
“Where are your parents?” she asked.
 
I didn’t respond. One of the twins came over and looked at me.
 
“What is wrong with you? Don’t you recognize a question when you hear one?” he asked.
 
“FRED! Don’t be so rude. Look at her. She looks like something scared the crap out of her.”
 
“Please, just leave me alone. This is probably the scariest moment of my life.”
 
“Why? What happened?” the boy who I assumed was name Fred asked.
 
“I just found out I was a witch not even a day ago, and I am going to some place called Hogwarts.”
 
“Don’t worry about that. Everyone here is a wizard or witch. Say, where are your parents?”
 
“I don’t know. I am hiding from them.”
 
“Smart girl!” Fred laughed.
 
“What is a pureblood?”
 
“A pureblood is someone of only magical descendants. Some believe it to be very important, I however, don’t care either way. I only happen to be a pureblood,” the woman said. I began wiping the tears from my eyes.
 
“Why are you hiding from your parents?” one of the twins asked. I didn’t answer. The woman looked at me, her eyes full of sorrow. Then a girl came in. She was very similar to the woman, and I could tell right away this woman had a very big family.
 
“Mum? Have you seen my-” Her voice was a little on the annoying side, but who am I to judge? “Who is this?” she asked.
 
“What is your name, dear?” the woman asked.
 
“My name is Katherine. But, I prefer Kat.” The twins looked at me and began making cat noises. Even when they were taunting me, I still kind of liked them, in a funny kind of way.
 
“Well, Kat, since you’re hiding from your parents… what do you suppose you’re going to do?” the boy who was rummaging through books asked. I had almost forgotten he was even there.
 
I shrugged. I hadn’t really thought of that. I suppose I would find a way to buy my books and robes, and then go to Hogwarts. I really don’t think most things through. It’s a waste of time, for me at least.
 
“Why are you hiding from your parents?”
I really didn’t want to answer, but I did. “I don’t know. My father is dead and my mother is probably looking for me, but I don’t want her to find me.”
 
“Why is that?” the boy that was about my age asked.
 
I ignored him. “What is a Death Eater?” Anyone that heard me turned to face me. I blinked. The woman looked at me with trouble in her eyes. “Is your mother a Death Eater?” she whispered so only I could hear. I nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, sorry for the extremely late update. So I thank all of you who are still willing to read this story after I totally screwed up BIG TIME!