So Much More Than I Asked For

four

I blushed. I didn't know what to say after that. Luckily Ryan did.

"Are we going to keep on playing or what?"

I still didn't speak. Again someone else did for me.

"Sure, truth or dare, Ryan?" Sneakers asked.

"Truth." Ryan smiled

"Sissy." I said under my breath

"What's your most embarrassing crush?" Sneakers was making it easy for him

"Brianna" was Ryan's answer

I was shocked. Ryan had had a crush on Brianna? No way.

Sneakers couldn't help but laugh, but I didn't know if he was laughing at Ryan's confession or at my face.

"Ok Sneakers, your turn." Ryan smiled.

"Dare."

"I dare you to make out with Kate."

What was going on with all the making out with me? And why was it always Ryan's idea? If he chose dare again, I was getting revenge.

I sighed.

"I'll leave for a moment." Ryan smiled.

"Ugh. Ok, let's get this over with." I said

Kissing Sneakers was different. First of all, he wasn't as demanding. And secondly because I automatically made the click. I immediately stopped thinking and kissed him back.

After a couple of minutes Ryan came back, and so did the awkward silence.

Ryan was faster at filling it this time.

"So, Kate, who's the better kisser?"

I didn't answer, not wanting to hurt his feelings. Sneakers was a lot better.

~~~

At 3 a.m. we were finally sick of truth or dare and we started doing other stuff. Like playing on the wii. I kicked Ryan's butt at Mario Kart. We occasionally watched a movie or a stupid soap opera that wasn't good enough to be showed during the day, or reruns.

At 9 we realized it was morning and we made pancakes, but the were burnt. I didn't care though. We stayed till noon eating burnt pancakes and drinking coffee, talking about what we'd do in the summer. Then we made popcorn and watched another movie.

Except for the making out stuff, I couldn't have imagined a better way to spend the last 20 hours.

Then Jason called. He wanted me to come home, he had 'big news'. I could actually already guess the 'big news', Lily was moving in with us.

I said goodbye and walked home. I tried to walk as slow as possible, but eventually I saw our house, and walked in.

Jason and Lily were sitting together on the couch, and were happy to see I'd arrived.

"Sit down, Kate."

I let myself fall into the bean bag at the other end of the room, as far as possible from the couch where the love birds sat.

"We have some big news."

"Yeah, you've already said that." I replied

Jason gave me a warning look, but continued.

"Lily and I have been dating for a while, and we've decided..."

'Oh come on, it's not that hard.' I wanted to say, but I held my mouth shut.

"And we've decided I should move in with you two." Lily finished.

I forced a smile. I really tried to be happy for them, but I honestly didn't give a fuck. Sure, Jason would be home more, but I would try to be home less. Maybe Lily would believe I was sick faster than Jason. But other than that, I didn't think I would notice a difference. Maybe there would be real food, not take out, but I didn't care what I ate.

"Oh, that's great!" I forced myself to say.

Jason and Lily bought it. Their faces lit up and they started a conversation, without me, about moving troubles.

I got up and walked to my room, not wanting to listen to them discus over moving companies, or if they should do it themselves. I turned on my radio and put on the newest Green Day CD, 21st century breakdown. I sang along with Billie Joe Armstrong, and couldn't wait until the concert.