Status: Discontinued.

Dicing Carrots

Prologue

Mike’s blue eyes followed the dark-haired girl everywhere. Everyone knew it. Except her. Even her husband knew, but he never assumed it was anything more than Mike finding her attractive. He never left her alone with his best friend, but he never kept her from him either.

That is simply the way it was.

Mike asked Billie too many questions about his sex life. Billie’s green eyes would become veiled and he would change the subject. Even when Mike got forceful he never got more than a joke. Billie was a gentlemen in that respect.

Mike hated it.

He had seen her in the bar first. He had been the one to point her out to Billie. He had seen the red panties she was wearing when she uncrossed her legs to stand. He had watched her hips sway when his best friend lead her out the front door. He had touched the bar stool she had been sitting on. Then he had returned to the hotel to jerk off.

The first of many times.

There, of course, had to come a time when she and Mike were alone. It lasted just under three minutes, just enough time for “When I Come Around” to play nearly to it’s completion. Adrienne had left after Mike’s blue eyes had chased her around the kitchen while she put leftovers into Tupperware. She locked herself in the bathroom and while Billie was trying to find out what was wrong through the door, Mike picked up the knife she had been dicing carrots with.

Then he had left.

He had left and disappeared.

Two months.

No one knew where he had gone.

Two months.

Billie installed a new security system on his house.