Wakko Werewolves 2: The Cure

Chapter twenty-one

"I smell blood." Tyler growled as they hiked into town.

"Really?" Beth asked.

There was a loud howl.

"Yeah I believe him." Cat said and lit up a cigarette.

"You nervous?" Tyler asked.

Cat took a long puff.

"I'm always nervous, especially when I'm in the middle of the woods with no transportation. Anyway we're running low on weapon power." Cat said.

"It's hard to kill wolves. You have to reload a gun twice just to get them to stop for a minute." Amy said grasping her backpack.

"This is all my fault." Tyler said.

"Why do you say that?" Beth asked.

"I made her promise me not to leave and now look at her. She's probably being hurt by Kyle." Tyler said.

"Kyle doesn't want to hurt her he wants to mate with her." Cat said taking another long puff.

"You mean all this is about mating?" Amy asked.

"Half of it. A male wolf needs a female. A back bone for the pack." Cat said blowing out smoke through her nose and mouth as she talked.

"Can she fight the change?" Tyler asked.

"I don't know she did it before. I wouldn't be surprised if she succeeded again." Cat said.

"What triggers the change anyway?" Amy asked.

"Arousal from another wolf that's changed or human blood." Cat said holding the cigarette to her mouth.

"Wait, I got injured a few weeks back and she never attacked me." Tyler said.

"She has to hunt a wounded person. If you were running and wounded you would've been as good as dead." Cat said and took a puff and then blew out the smoke before rubbing it out on a tree trunk.

"Where do we go now?" Amy asked.

"I don't have a map." Beth said.

Cat stopped lit up another cigarette.

"Don't need one." she said and looked up.

"I don't like you smoking it kills." Gavin said and took the cigarette from her mouth.

"Where did you come from?" Tyler asked.

"From Steton looks like the police station was over run by werewolves, I knew I'd find you." he said and smiled at Gavin.

"Do you have a car?" Cat asked smiling.

"It's not the best but it's good enough to fit all the gear." he said to her.

"Well lets go kids. We have to get to Blue Moon before Cassandra and Kyle." Cat said.

"Wait Cassandra's changed?" Tyler asked.

"Oh yeah." Cat said and nodded.

His fail went almost as pale as Gavin.

"Lets go if you want to make it in time to cure her." Gavin hissed.