Wakko Werewolves 2: The Cure

Chapter four

What comes to mind when I say New York? You're probably thinking about the big city. Tons of people walking, big screens, and maybe a couple stores and pizza places. Well I'm not talking about New York City. I'm talking about the cold northern part of New York. Where the paths are long and windy, the trees are thick and tall, and the woods a place of secrecy. This is the peaceful part of New York.

I took a deep breath of that woodland air and sighed. Tyler's teeth chattered and he rubbed his hands together. I looked at him.

"Cold?" I asked him taking off his jacket and handing it to him.

"Y-yeah, you?" he asked.

"Nah, I guess the cold doesn't affect me as much. Actually it's pretty nice." I said and smiled.

"There is no way I can get used to the cold. Living in Montana or else where." Tyler said.

"It's understandable. I would dread going to school on snow days." I said to him.

I looked up into the sky and saw the moon was a quarter full. Four more nights and we'll have a full moon. Amy pulled over at a gas station. Beth checked the map shivering.

"C-Cat should be living right past t-those hills." she said as her teeth chattered.

Amy looked at the map and then at the hills.

"It'll take the rest of the night to get there." Amy said.

"Want me to drive them?" Tyler asked getting out of the truck's bed.

"Yeah. How are you holding up in the cold?" Beth asked me.

"Pretty good. I actually like it." I said and blew a long breath of cold air.

"Just tell me the way Beth." Tyler said and hopped in the back.

I lied back and looked into the sky. I could actually see the stars something that you didn't get from the big city or any city for that matter. As the road surrounded us in trees. I looked around so much scents to sniff and so little time. I wondered if my parents would consider moving here. Oh yeah, I almost forgot my parents are probably signing my rights away to the police as we speak.

We were almost up the hill when there was a weird sound and then the truck started to rumble back and forth until Tyler stopped.

"What was that?" I asked him as he got out.

"The engine." he said and got out.

Amy and Beth got out.

Tyler opened the truck and there was a large cloud of smoke and he coughed and covered his mouth.

"Can you fix it?" Amy asked.

"This ride is toast." he said.

"Damn it." I mumbled and climbed out.

"Is it even worth pushing?" Amy asked.

"Even if it was I wouldn't push thing up hill what now?" I asked.

"We'll have to walk up the hill." Beth said.

We looked up.

"All the way up?" Amy asked her.

"That or we can wait for someone to find us?" she said.

I looked back down the hill and how we were on our own.

"Well I guess we better get hiking." I said and started pulling out bags. Tyler turned off the truck and grabbed the a back pack. I grabbed one and handed the other two to Beth and Amy.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

"I hate hiking." Amy said.

"Good then lets go." I said.

Beth led the way with the map and when she was tired. I led the way. Normally, I would oppose hiking all together but being a werewolf made it all that more exciting. So many scents, so many different animals to look at to sniff out. I even think I saw a deer here.

I looked back at my friends they were way behind me.

"Hurry up." I said.

"Not all of us have canine blood you know!" Amy yelled.

I just sighed and turned around. I decided to wait for them to catch up and looked around. I touched the trees and sniffed one. I made sure they couldn't see me. A squirel and I think a deer was here. I turned around and saw a flash of black from the corner of my eye.

I turned around and it was gone. I raised an eyebrow and went back to sniffing the tree. There was another flash of black.

"Who's there?" I asked.

I looked around and sniffed the air. Nothing was out of the ordinary maybe I was just seeing things.

"Okay, we're here Cassie!" Tyler yelled.

"Hey where did she go?" Amy asked.

"Cassandra!" Beth yelled.

I heard Beth's call and I walked out of the trees and then there was another flicker of black.

"That's it!" I growled and pulled off my backpack. I ran out into where they were and my eyes glowed yellow and I looked for the flickering black thing. I saw nothing.

"What's wrong?" Tyler asked me.

"Something's following us. I don't know what?" I said.

"I don't want to be out here any more." Beth said.

Amy pulled out her gun.

"Don't worry, whatever is out here, won't last long." she said.

I heard a sound that was nearly silent that no one else noticed. Tyler, Beth and Amy looked around and when they took their eyes off me. I was dragged into the shadows unable to scream.