The Pros and Cons of Loving

Part 29


Eric’s POV
Later That Day…

When I got home Aiden was lying in bed, reading. I stepped into the room slowly and quietly, smiling. Frank had told me he was still really shaken up and kind of weird around people.

“Hey.” He said quietly.

“Hey. Can I lay with you?”

He nodded, scooting over. I saw him wince and inwardly sighed, approaching him. I lay by him on the bed and wrapped my arms around him. He closed his eyes and curled into me, relaxing.

“How are you feeling?” I whispered, brushing some of his hair behind his ear and kissing his cheek.

“I’m okay… kinda sore…” he whispered back. I was glad to see he wasn’t flinching very much with me. It killed me yesterday, seeing him like that. I would never lay a hand on him… not like that. I knew he couldn’t help but be scared, but… it just didn’t feel right.

“You’ll be better in a few days, babe.” I smiled at him.

“Yeah…” he opened his book back up and began to read, still in my arms. I played with his hair and stroked his arm gently, trying to make him feel a little better or relaxed.

He read his book for what seemed like ages and I just lay there, holding him and not talking. I didn’t really know what to do or say to him. If he wanted to talk, he’d talk.

“Eric?” he asked quietly, closing his book.

“Yeah honey?”

“I love you.” He leaned against me.

“I love you too, baby… you’ll feel better tomorrow. I promise.”

“I hope so.” He smiled weakly, then sat up and kissed me.