The Pros and Cons of Loving

Part 31

Two Weeks Later….
Gerard’s POV

“Gerard. Aiden’s on the National Enquirer.”

“What?” I asked Ray into my cell phone at noon a few days after Aiden had been free to go back to school.

“You heard me. I didn’t know Aiden was anorexic. God, they come up with some weird shit.”

“Ray, he is.” I gasped, running to the computer to find the cover.

Emo stars son is anorexic. Read about his heartbreaking story of a broken heart, a bout with depression and anorexia, and treachery of the worst kind.

I clicked on the article. All I needed to see was a picture of Aiden and Eric from last year, Aiden’s school picture, a picture where Aiden was stick thin, and a picture of Aiden kissing Jesse to know this meant trouble…

Oh no.

Aiden’s POV

I was sitting on my newly made bed, just thinking for once. I’ve been here all day. I had been thinking about what I was going to do after I graduated high school. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. It’d be fun to do psychology, I thought. At the same time, though… that took a long time if I wanted to get anywhere with it. And I kind of suck at school in general and you’re supposed to be really smart in order to do that. My grades aren’t that bad, but not good enough for—

Suddenly my door burst open and Eric stormed in.

“WHEN?!” Eric sobbed, throwing something at me after throwing the door open.

“What?” I gasped, sitting up and confused as hell. “Eric, what’s wrong?”

“When did you kiss Jesse?” he sobbed.

I looked down at what he’d thrown at me and saw a picture of me kissing Jesse that day in the park. “Oh god… Eric…”

“I thought w-we were… I…” he turned and stormed from the room— which was for once, clean.

“Eric!” I shouted, running after him.

Dad looked up as I ran after him. I grabbed Eric knowing I had to do something. Something to make him see he was the only one for me, not Jesse.

“Don’t touch me!” he shrieked, pushing at me. I fell into the couch and looked up at him miserably. “I hate you. I fucking proposed to you, I… you aren’t different. You’re like every other ass out there! I thought you were different!”

Daddy walked into the room as well. “What’s going on?”

“Aiden can’t keep his dick in his pants!” Eric shouted, picking up a pillow from the chair and chucking it at me.

“You are blowing things way out of proportion!” I shouted. “You won’t even let me explain!”

“Explain to Jesse while you ‘just kiss’ his mother fucking ass.”

Daddy and Dad stepped out of the dark living room quietly.

“Eric, it was weeks ago.” I said, trying my best to stay calm.

“Were we together?” he asked slowly, tears sliding down his red cheeks.

I didn’t answer.

Eric began to cry even harder than before.

“I’m sorry… it was once… it… Eric?”

He continued to cry, sinking onto the couch.

“I can’t do this.” He sobbed.

“Eric, I don’t know why I kissed him. I was so confused. It was when I was still sick.” I said quickly. He was shaking his head as I spoke, still sobbing. “What?! Listen… it meant nothing. In fact, I felt awful. You know what? I made a mistake. Like you kissed Evan and a-all of those guys.”

“It was different. We weren’t together then!” he sobbed.

“I love you. You and you only. Please quit crying. You have to know that I love you, that I would die for you. Eric…. Not Jesse. You. I love Eric.”

I expected him to sniff, smile, and hug me. Instead he got up and left the house. When I went to look for him, he was no where to be seen…