The Pros and Cons of Loving

Part 39

A Few Weeks Later…
Eric’s POV

Tomorrow.

It’s really happening tomorrow.

I’m only seventeen. I still have an entire year of high school left.

Yet tomorrow I will be getting married to Aiden. Aiden Riley Iero-Way, the only person that makes my heart beat faster and slower at the same time. The only person that can make my day a little better just by coming into a room, smiling, and saying my name.

Part of me wants to scream for joy. Then there is the nervous and anxious part. Now there’s the one that makes me want to cry.

We aren’t doing anything big at all. We were going to a small church and we would get married in front of Frank and Gerard. We would be married. No big ceremony, if we wanted one later for friends we’ll do it then. I think now that would really be too much. I’m a nervous wreck lately.

Things at home have calmed down. Frankie and Aiden are talking a lot more than they had been since Frank and Gerard got back together. Things were just a lot calmer and happier at the house, which made things a little bit better.

I was sitting on Aiden’s bed, biting my lip and looking around the room with wide eyes. This is the room I would lose my “real” virginity in. The first time I would have sex since Luke raped me. The door opened and Aiden walked in, grinning from ear to ear like he did every time he saw me lately. I wondered how he was so calm about that. It was like with dating, though when we began dating I had known he dated all the time. It isn’t as if he’s done this before, unless he was married before the age of fourteen. I’m pretty sure that’s illegal here in Canada though. Maybe not Kentucky, but… this isn’t exactly Kentucky.

I forced a fake grin on my face, feeling butterflies flutter in my stomach.

“Hey.” He threw himself on the bed next to me and took my hands in his.

“Hi.”

“You’re being quiet today.” He whispered, stroking my palm with his index finger.

“Yeah… I’m just…” I sighed and looked at him. “Nervous.” I admitted, shrugging as if it were no big deal.

“About what?”

“I don’t know… I just… Aiden, I don’t think I’m ready to have sex.” I blurted it out quickly. I was ashamed. How could I proposed to him and tell him I’m not ready to make love to him?

“Okay.” Aiden nodded. “Look, we’ve been through this. We are not having sex until you are two hundred and thirty eight percent ready.”

I laughed quietly and got in his lap. “I am excited too, Aiden…. Tomorrow you’re mine. Forever.”

“Yep. No one will ever be able to look at your sexy ass again.” Aiden laughed, cradling me to him and rocking both of us back and fourth.

“Does it… uhm… hurt?” I asked shyly, looking down and blushing.

“What?” he asked, his eyebrow arching.

“Well… I mean… sex…. I c-can’t really… I mean, Luke made it hurt but… does it?” I stuttered.

“Well, not a lot. At first it hurts but after, like, two minutes it goes away.” He shrugged. “Plus, we’re going to go extra slow, you know? It’s not gonna be like two animals going at it…. Yet.” He grinned at me.

I nodded, stilly shaky. “S-So… it won’t hurt… a lot?”

“Not for long, no. And after it goes away it is so worth it.” Aiden whispered. “I mean, it’s going to be awkward for both of us. I haven’t had sex in…. well, since I began dating you.”

I turned in his arms to face him. “I want to… I want to do it tomorrow.”

“Yeah?” he kissed me gently.

I pulled away and nodded. “I do… I just hope I don’t chicken out.” I kissed him back gently, closing my eyes…