The Pros and Cons of Loving

Part 4

Frank’s POV

“Ya know what, I don’t even think I’m gonna make you two have separate rooms…” I said, more to myself then Aiden. Eric was sleeping on the couch, pretty drugged still, while Aiden and I glanced into the guest room.

“He might want one though…” Aiden shrugged.

“If he wants his own, just tell me and I’ll get my shit out.” I yawned, rubbing my eyes.

“Late night.” Aiden coughed.

“I heard that.”

“I know you were out with Gerard, Dad.”

“We were talking.”

“Are you two seriously going to get back together after what he did?”

“Aiden, the details of my sex life and love life aren’t any of your business.”

“Haha, I knew it. Y’all had sex.”

Aiden’s POV

I yawned, going downstairs. Dad had left again, “not to Gerard’s” as he said (but we all know he’s lying), and I was home alone with a sleeping Eric. The medicine had some actual drug in it, which knocked him out. Then again, he wasn’t in pain on it and that’s good.

“Eric, baby, are you hungry?” I whispered, gently shaking him.

“Mhmm.” He moaned, not even opening his eyes.

I rubbed his back gently, because he was lying on his stomach. “Chicken noodle soup? Chilli?”

“Mhmm.”

“Do you know what I’m asking?”

He shook his head.

I kissed his cheek. “You know I love you, right?”

He nodded, giving me a goofy smile. “What isn’t to love?”

I kissed his cheek again. “Are you hungry?”

“Yeah. My tummy’s going ‘grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrowl.’” He said, flashing me a big grin.

“You know the blonde hair just makes this even cuter.” I laughed.

He gasped and giggled.

“Chicken or chili?” I asked, rubbing his back.

“I’m not hungry.” He said.

“Aah, lordy babe.” I laid down by him. “If ya want food later, tell me.”

He nodded and stood up. “Can we go to your bed? I’m squished.” He said, looking at me.

“Okay.” I laughed. I got up and helped him up the stairs, though he didn’t need it. He made it quite apparently, slapping at me and calling me a bad boy.

“Okay, do you want to wear those or some pajamas?”

“Pajamaaaas.” He nodded, hopping onto the bed.

I got him out some sweat pants and a t-shirt. “Here.”

“Help?” he asked, looking at me with huge innocent eyes.

My breath caught in my throat. He blinked at me several times, a small smile on his face.

“S-sure…” I said, leaning over and helping him take his shirt off.

Oh fuck… yeah, he’s hot….

Damn… This would have been so much easier if he was… well, ugly. I am going to need one loooong cold shower after this.

I pulled on the T shirt over his nice pale chest, mentally kicking myself. He was sick. It wasn’t like he had any idea what he was doing… to me.

I began to unbuckle his belt.

“Aiden?” he asked, breathing heavily.

I looked up at him.

“I love you.” He said, crashing his lips against mine.

Little fucker knew what he was doing the whole time…. I’ll show him.

Gerard’s POV

“Gerard… I can’t put Aiden through another divorce…” Frank said, looking down.

“It won’t happen again… never…” I assured him. He was on the couch next to me, and I nudged him.

“Gee, I didn’t think it would the first time.”

“I’m not even saying we move in yet, Frank. Can’t we just ‘see each other?’”

“We’re seeing each other now.” Frank said.

I leaned over, pressing my lips to his. Frank kissed back, moaning quietly. He gently pushed me back against the couch, then straddled me and ran his hand down my body.

I groaned, arching under his touch.

He pulled away a few minutes later, breathing hard. I took his hand, sliding it down my jeans.

“Gerard, no…” he snapped.

I let out a moan when his hand touched me.

Our eyes met and it was like something woke up inside of us… again….

Within minutes, both of us were completely naked on the couch.

“We can’t do this every time we see each other.” Frank said, looking down at me.

“Sure we can. We used to be married.” He panted. “Are you ready?”

“Yes.” I nodded, wrapping my arms around him.

I felt him gently pushing into me. I bit my lip, wincing. He kissed me gently.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah.” I smiled up at him as the pain began to go away. It was replaced by the most pleasure I’d ever felt in my life…

Frank’s POV

I went into the house that night, feeling particularly happy. Sore, but happy.

Everything was on downstairs, but upstairs was silent. I crept towards Aiden’s room, gently pushing the door open.

Both of them were curled together on top of the blankets. And fully clothed. Aiden’s arms were protectively around Eric and I couldn’t help but smile. They were just too damn cute together.

I closed the door, sighed, and went to bed…

Eric’s POV

“Eric… wake up… Eric…”

I cracked one eye open. “What?”

“Hi.” Aiden grinned.

“What do you want?”

“I want to wake you up to give you medicine that makes you sleep.” He said cheerfully.

I rolled over, pulling his covers over my head.

“C’mon and take it. Then you can sleep.”

“I don’t wanna take it.” I whined.

“Why? Is it that hard?”

“It’s icky tasting.”

“I know, but you’re old enough to not to that over medicine.”

“I’m 17, shove off.”

Aiden sat me up, handing me a medicine cup.

“Aiden, it’s naaaasty.”

“Well I miss making out with you, so tough.”

I downed the medicine, gagging.

“Oh, babe.” He rubbed my back. He seemed to have a thing lately for rubbing my back but I didn’t mind. Mainly because it felt really good.

Aiden's POV
Three Days Later...

"No, I just don't see why I have to go spend the weekend with him. You're fucking him, I should get some benefits. You know?"

"Aiden, he's your dad. And I'm not 'fucking him.'"

"Liar!" I accused. "You could barely walk the day before yesterday! It's really disturbing, Dad.”

Dad rolled his eyes and turned to Eric. “You see what he’s really like? Annoying.”

“Dad, it’s creepy.”

“You’re creepy.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Wow, real mature. Where was that tongue the night before last?”

Dad blushed. “Shut up or I’ll ground you.”

I cackled.

“Huh?” Eric asked. He was just now off of his medicine and beginning to feel better, so he didn’t know what was going on.

“Dad is going over to dad’s like every other night and they’re fucking, but they aren’t ‘together’.” I explained.

“Aiden.” Dad sighed.

“What? It isn’t complicated. You’ll are gonna fuck around—get it, fuck around? Haha. And anyway, yeah… I guess I’m supposed to be too stupid to figure it out. Anyway, they want to act ‘normal’ and I’m still being forced to stay the night with him. His slut isn’t there, is she?”

“No. They split up last week.” Dad said.

Eric blinked several times, then laid back down on the couch muttering about not being able to process so much at one time.

“They did?” I asked.

“Yes.” Dad said.

“You split them up?”

“I don’t know… I don’t know, Aiden, shut up!” he stuck his tongue out at me again.

“As I said before, dad… wonder where that tongue was the night before last?”

“You know what, if you don’t hush up Eric will sleep in the guest room.”

“Noooo.” Eric whined from the couch. “He’s a good snuggler.”

“See? Would you want to deprive that sweet boy?”

“Dad… that’s low… kinda like your head was the night before last.”

Dad blushed and stormed off, muttering about leaving the oven on.

“Mwahahaha!” I cackled.

“Aiden, shut up and cuddle me.”

Gerard’s POV

Aiden sat down on the couch when we got inside and looked at me.

“What?” I asked slyly.

“You all didn’t have sex on this too, did you?” he asked, looking down at the couch.

“No… but don’t sit on the love seat…” I grinned.

“Ew…. Ew….” Aiden shuddered, looking around. “The kitchen table?”

“Nope…”

“… so are you two gonna get back together or just be fuck buddies till you die?” he asked. “Because I know he went down on you… he probably gave you a blow job too…”

“W-what?!”

“I’m not stupid… and I can tell that you fucked him because he could barely walk… but hey, whatever ya know… so long as I don’t have to move, I don’t care.”

“You are an odd child, Aiden… most would be disgusted with talking to their parents about sex… you fucking encourage it.”

“Well look at who raised me.”

“Uh! I resent that!”

I watched Aiden, and then sat down by him. “Why don’t you hate me anymore?”

“Because Eric needed me and you took me to him… and you aren’t drunk…. And I never hated you, Dad… I hated what you did… I hated being around you… you really fucked up, you know?”

“I know and I’m sorry… I don’t know what I can say or do to make up for it…”

“Yeah.” He looked down and began picking at his shoes. “Dad… next time I come, can Eric come too?”

I laughed.

“And do you really hate him? He thinks you do.”

“I don’t hate him… I did because I thought he was why you hated me… now I know I’m just fucking stupid.”

“You aren’t stupid… okay, maybe you are… but it’s okay.” Aiden grinned at me.

“I love you kid, you know that?”

“Yeah, everyone does.” Aiden said, sighing as if it were a burden. “There just isn’t enough of me to go around.”

“Frank did a good job of raising you.” I said, looking at him.

Aiden looked up at me, staring me straight in the eyes. “He didn’t do it alone.”

Eric’s POV

It was kind of awkward, being alone with Frank. It always was. I know he’s nice, but still…. It’s weird.

I went into the kitchen and he was sitting there, looking down at some recipe with his eyebrow arched.

I was quiet, going to the refrigerator. “Is it okay if I have something to drink?”

“You live here, hon. You don’t have to ask.” Frank grinned at me. “And hell, you can even yell at me when I piss you off. I love it when teenagers yell at me. It makes me feel like a real parent.”

I laughed quietly and got out a coke, then sat at the table with him.

“So theres this recipe… and like… I don’t even know what half of the ingredients are…” Frank said, looking back at the thing. “See?” he scooted over by me. “Know what that is?”

I looked down at the recipe. Some completely random word. “No….”

“But the picture looks yummy! And its vegetarian. How often does THAT happen?” he whined.

I laughed. “I know. Asher always complains about it.”

“Asher’s vegetarian?” Frank asked.

“Yeah! Since, like, last year.” I said.

“I didn’t know that.”

“Yeah. Aiden’s like ‘I have to deal with a vegetarian at home, and now at school and when I go out too.’” I said quickly. I hated being so shy and when I would talk, I’d say it fast to get it over with.

“No, how long did it take him to become vegetarian?! It took me for fucking ever because I’d crack and eat chicken. Oh god, I miss chicken.” Frank said.

“Forever. He did the saaame thing. He’d go for a bit, then eat meat and yell at us for letting him.”

“God, when we got Bella I had to quit smoking… it took forever too. And when I got my coma and shit and had to eat right… god… sometimes I’d love some fried chicken…”

I nodded, handing the recipe back. “Shall we just order pizza tonight?”

“Works for me.” I shrugged.

“Haha…. Aiden gets so pissed. Cause I always order pizza when he’s with Gerard.” I said, elbowing Eric and grinning.

I laughed and nodded as he got up to order a pizza. I got my can of coke and went and sat on the couch, turning on Rocky Horror Picture Show. Frank came in.

“Ooooh, can I watch it with you?” he asked.

“Sure.” I said shyly.

He sat down by me. “I haven’t seen this in ages… god, is it scary to say he’s kinda hot?” he said, staring at the screen.

“Kinda.” I laughed.

“Yeah, thought so…”

Nikki's POV

"You mean... your parents are back together?" I asked.

"No. They're fucking."

"They're back together?" I repeated.

"No. They're fucking."

"So basically they're doing what we do...."

"Fuck and fight and raise a kid?" Bella aked.

"Yep." I nodded.

"I guess so. Hey! They may as well be married again!"

"Can we go fuck now, then go to your dad's house so I can raid his underwear drawer?"

"Don't see why not...."



So what if I’m a grown adult? That does not mean I can’t go and steal Frank Iero’s boxers.

Bella was talking to Eric and Aiden when I snuck upstairs towards the bedroom.

I heard very loud noises coming from the room.

I grinned to myself. I’d get boxers out of this and some nice boysex viewage.

I pushed the door open, finding my girlfriends fathers in a very… erm… loving position, and I’m sure you catch my drift.

I grinned, waved, and skipped over to the drawers.

“NIKKI!” Frank shouted.

“I know Gerard is good, Frank, but surely he isn’t that good.” I said, grinning and pulling out some neon green shiny boxers. “These’ll do nicely. See ya in a few days, gentlemen.”

And with that I left, cackling.

Frank’s POV

“I thought she’d gotten over it but apparently not.” Bella sighed. “Give dad his boxers, Nikki.”

I sat there, waiting.

“B-but they’re green. Neon green… my favorite color.”

“If you don’t hand them over, you’ll be buried with them!” I pouted.

“THEY’RE GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN! I WANT THEM!” Nikki growled at me.

Jack came in. “Tehe, Nikki’s funny.”

“JACK!” Aiden gasped, running to him.

“Uncle Aiden!” Jack giggled, jumping up and down excitedly. He then began running in circles like a dog.

“Oh, yes Dad. Jack is convinced he’s a dog now.” Bella said as Aiden jumped on the table, kicked the plates off, and got on all fours. Then he threw his head back and howled at the light. “Just how do I deal with that?”

“AWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!” Jack shrieked.

“Uhm… Jack…” I began.

Jack stopped mid howl and looked at me with big eyes. “Yes, grandpa?”

“Uhm… little boys don’t get on tables and howl.”

“Yeah.” Aiden chirped. “They strip.”

“Like this?” Jack took off his shirt.

“AIDEN!” Bella shrieked. “NOW HE’S GONNA GO AROUND TELLING PEOPLE HE’S A STRIPPER!”

“At least he won’t be saying he’s a drag queen.” Aiden said.

“I’M A DRAG QUEEN STRIPPER!” Jack shrieked, jumping off the table. “AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Ten Minutes Later…

“Where the fuck did you say Jack was?!” Bella asked Aiden slowly, advancing on him.

“Erm… on the roof howling in some random bra?” Aiden said quickly, backing up.

“How’d he get on the roof?” I asked.

“How’d he get my BRA?” Nikki asked.

“We left it in the car last night.” Bella snapped.

“Well why didn’t you remind me to get it?” Nikki asked.

“Can someone just get the child off of the roof?” Gerard asked, after going outside to see Aiden flapping his arms loudly and cawing.

“Dear God… it’ll be a miracle if he makes it to ten years old….” I muttered to myself, looking up.

“Mommy, I is a cawing flying dressing crosser stripper!” Jack shouted. “AND A PIRATE!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!”

“Uhm…. Jack, sweetie… how did you get on the roof?” Bella shouted.

“I climbed, momma!” he called. “COCK-A-CROOGLE-FOO!”

Nikki began laughing.

“It isn’t funny, Nikki!” Bella snapped. “Aiden, this is your fault!”

“What’d I do?”

“Made him be a cross dressing stripper!”

“HE’S FIVE!!!”

“Just get him down someone please!” Bella burst into tears as Jack began break dancing, screaming the lyrics to SexyBack. “He’s gonna fall!”

“I’LL LET YOU WHIP ME IF I MISS THE TRAIN!!!!!!!!!” Jack shrieked, pulling a Thriller move.

“Oh... my… God… my grandson is the reincarnation of Jacko…” Gerard said.

“Gerard?” I suddenly said.

“What?” Gerard asked.

“It’s on page 69.”

“Huh?”

“The story. It’s on page 69 and the girls are bugging Tamara for boysexx.”

“WHAT?! What story?”

“The Pros and Cons of Breathing, you ninny! They want us to have sex. See, they’re all staring at the screen waiting for it.”

“What are you going on about?”

“Fuck me, Gerard.”

“WHAT?”

“FUCK ME. I want you in me… they want them some boysex, you hear?”

"I'm confused..."

"It doesn't matter... c'mon in the house. They won't notice, they're trying to get Jack off of the roof." I whispered.

"Shouldn't we help?"

"We've got bad backs." I winked, dragging him inside slowly so we wouldn't be seen.

"We do?" Gerard asked.

I pulled him into the bedroom. "Quit being a dumb ass and take your pants off."

Gerard's POV

"Mr. Iero, your bluntness turns me on."

"I know." Frank smirked, pulling his shirt off.

I pushed him onto the bed and he unbuttoned my jeans, still smirking up at me.

I pulled off his pants, breathing hard. "What was this about a story again, babe?"

"Just shut up and get in me, Gerard." he groaned, pulling his boxers down.

We both tore our clothes off of one another and I grinned down at him. "You ready?"

"Yes." he moaned.

I slid into him, groaning.

He moaned happily, digging his nails into my back.

"So..." I grunted, pushing farther into him. "What was this about a story?"

"Gerard... just shut up and fuck me."

Gerard’s POV

“Goodbye, Jack. I’ll miss you.” I said, hugging Jack. “Next time I’ll get on the roof with you and we’ll do the Tango.”

“No you fucking won’t.” Bella growled. “Don’t you see what giving him ideas does? You’ll get a call tonight and he’ll be on the roof doing the tango with our cat!”

“Mommy, Mittens knows the tango on the roof?” Jack asked, looking up.

“No honey and neither do you.”

“Yes I do! I’ll show ya, mommy! I’ll show you!”

“Thanks, Dad! Thanks!” Bella growled. “This is just what I needed.”

You gave him the idea.”

“Well… you made me!”

Aiden’s POV (Shut up, I like Aiden….)

“How come no matter how many times I try, I can’t get the ketchup out of the bottle?” I asked Eric, lying on the couch and holding the ketchup bottle in the air directly over my head.

“There’s some in there, Aiden, and you’re gonna get it all over you.” Eric said, not even looking up from The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Jack, who we were babysitting (what was Bella thinking?), had fallen asleep on the ground. Or seemed to be at least.

“No, there isn’t…. I’ve been trying forev—AH SHIT!”

Eric looked over and started laughing hysterically.

“Shut up, you….”

“What? Non-ketchup face?”

“You know what?” I said, sitting up and looking at him.

“What?”

“Take that, blondey!” I opened the bottle and poured it over his head.

“You little fucker!” Eric shouted, but it was obvious he was trying not to laugh.

“Now all we need is some peanut butter and we can make a peanut butter and ketchup sandwich.”

“Ew… that completely ruined the moment… and made me feel nauseous.”

“What? I think it sounds good!”

“Well you must be pregnant.”

I gasped. “How did you know?”

“Because I know all.” Eric said, getting the ketchup out of his hair and flinging it on me.

“Hey, watch it!” I snapped playfully. “I’ll beat you, boy.”

“You already do.” Eric grinned.

“You’re a fucking virgin.”

“Ah, but I have dreams.”

“Yeah, I hear.” I said, flinging ketchup back on him.

“You know what would go good with this?” A small voice asked.

Both of us turned to be hit in the face with… mustard.

“JACK!!!!”

“It’s Captain Jack Sparrow, you ninny!”

“Quit calling me a ninny, you half pint midget.” I shouted, pouncing on Jack.

He began giggling madly, kicking at me. “Get off or I’ll hit your baby button.”

“You don’t even know what a baby button is.”

I felt a swift quick to my balls.

“Oh god…. Ow….”

Eric quit laughing. “Ouch… but damn, kid has good aim.”

“Eric, shut up!” I groaned, glaring.

“Aww, Jack, you turned him mean.”

“I’m sorry, Uncle Aiden. It had to be done.” Jack patted my head.

“Had to be done my ass.”

“Hey, you ninny! Don’t call me a duck!”

Eric laughed. “That’s a donkey.”

“Shut up, you stinky head.” Jack grumbled.

“Someone needs to finish his nap.” Eric said, looking at me.

“NO! NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

Jack’s POV

“You have got to take a nap, Jack!” Aiden said.

“No I don’t.”

“Oh yes, you do. You really do.”

“No, I do not.”

“Jack… get under the blanket and sleep.”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NO NO NO NO NO NO!”

“I’ll tell your mommy!”

“At least I have a mommy!”

Eric’s POV

Aiden’s eyes widened in shock.

“Hmph.” Jack said, and stalked off.

“Oh… Aiden….” I said quietly. “Come here.”

“No… it’s okay… he’s right, ya know?”

“Aiden… he’s too little to know what he’s even saying.” I said quietly.

“I know. He didn’t upset me. See?” Aiden gave this really pitiful forced grin.

“Come here.” I said, opening my arms.

He sat on the couch and curled to me.

We sat there silently a few minutes, me rubbing his back, until he sniffed.

“Eric?”

“Huh?”

“You’re getting ketchup and mustard all over me….”

“Well I’ll go take a shower then.” I said.

“Eric?”

“Yeah?”

“Can I join you?”

My eyes nearly popped out of my head.

“Well?” he arched his eyebrow.

“You really think just because Jack upset you I’m gonna let you take a shower with me?”

“No….” he lied.

“Well…. I am. C’mon.” I said, standing up. “Let’s go.”

This time Aiden’s eyes popped out of his head.

“Come on. Your dad will be home soon and we won’t be able to—.”

“Able to what?” Frank asked, walking in.

“Damn.” Aiden cursed, stomping loudly.

“Why are you two covered in ketchup and mustard? Where’s Jack? What the fuck happened here?”

“Jack was very… uh… angry.” Aiden said.

“Where is Jack?” I repeated slowly.

Frank’s POV

“He ran off angry.” Aiden shrugged.

“And you fucking let him? Goddamit, Aiden!” I snapped. Sometimes, I swear, he acted like he was Jack’s age. “Go get cleaned up now. Both of you. Not at once.”

Aiden rolled his eyes.

“What is your problem?!” I asked angrily.

“What’s yours?!”

“Aiden…” Eric said quietly, reaching to grab Aiden’s hand.

Aiden yanked his hand back roughly. “Shut up!” he snapped and stormed off.

Eric looked down for a few minutes, took a deep breath, stood up and quickly walked outside.

I sighed and went to find Jack. He had overflowed the toilet by stuffing a stuffed animal in it. He watched, giggling as water shot up.

“JACK!” I shouted, running in. I reached down, turned the water off, and flared. “Jack—.” I began angrily, then lowered my voice reminding myself he was only five. “Why did you do that?”

“Because Aiden said I had to take a nap and I wanted yous to thinks it was him. But yous came in.”

“Motherfuck.” I muttered as the toilet gurgled and shot out excess water. “Jack, go watch TV so I can clean this mess up.”

“Only if stinky Aiden isn’t there.” He muttered, going out.

I got towels from the closet, got down on my knees (trying to not think perverted thoughts about the last time I was on my knees), and began cleaning the mess…

Aiden’s POV

After a few minutes I felt like complete trash for being so mean to Eric. It wasn’t his fault dad was mad. I went downstairs, seeing him outside on the porch with his head in his hands.

I pushed opened the door and made my way outside. He looked up at me with red teary eyes. I sat down next to him, leaning my knee against his. So I didn’t get my shower with him. It was no reason to yell at him… make him cry.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered.

“Me too.”

“You don’t have anything to be sorry for.”

“I’m not ready… I’m sorry.” he said quietly. “Earlier…”

“Hey, I told you. I don’t care about sex.” I wrapped an arm around him. “I’m perfectly fine where we’re at. Why can’t you trust me?”

He took a deep breath, opened his mouth, quickly closed it, and buried his head in his knees.

“Eric, what aren’t you telling me?” I whispered, my stomach getting tight.

“I’m not a virgin.” He whispered so quietly I could barely hear him.

“You lied to me?! How could you do this?!” I said, feeling the anger seep through me. How had he lied to me? I had never lied to him, would never lie to him…

“It was rape, you dick!” Eric sobbed, then ran inside slamming the door behind him.

I was flabbergasted. I just sat there, eyes wide, for a good hour. I was still sitting there when Bella and Nikki showed up to get Jack. They glanced at one another, then Bella nodded at Nikki and went in.

“What’s up, kid?” Nikki asked, coming up and sitting down. I’d never noticed how pretty Nikki was. I guess I was used to her being the weird girl who was hyper… not someone my sister actually loved. It was kind of weird.

“Nothing…” I said, feeling a lump in my throat.

“It might be better to get it off of your chest.” She said.

“I did something stupid… someone told me something… I took it the wrong way and got mad… when really, they needed me to be there for them…” I said, trying not to give anything away. I spoke slowly, making sure I let nothing slip.

“Is this about Eric?” she asked.

“What?”

“If it weren’t, you’d be with him…” she shrugged.

“He… he was raped.” I whispered. “I thought he was just… I… I yelled at him when he told me he wasn’t a virgin… I thought he had cheated or lied… I don’t know what to do.” Now the tears were in my eyes.

I was pitiful.

Nikki was very quiet, then she wrapped an arm around me. “You go and stay with your boyfriend because he needs you… you’re all he has. And right now, he’s all that matters.”

I wiped my eyes and nodded. “Now?”

“Yes.” She smiled at me. “Go get him, kid.”

I went to my room to find Eric sitting there, biting his fingernails and looking down.

“Eric, can I come in?”

He looked up. His eyes were teary but he smiled. “Yeah.”

I smiled too, though I didn’t feel like smiling. Ever again. There was just something about his smile though. “Okay.” I came in and sat on my bed by him. “Come here, baby.”

He buried his head in my chest after crawling into my arms. Then his shoulders began to shake.

“Eric…” I whispered.

He shook his head, crying.

I sat up, wrapping my arms tightly around him.

“It’s…” he cried. “I’m sorry.”

“Eric?”

“I didn’t want to tell you… I’m just not ready.” He whimpered.

“Eric, who raped you?” I asked.

He shook his head.

“Eric, who did it?”

He shook his head again, beginning to cry even harder.

I rubbed his back gently, whispering soothing words in his ear. He calmed down after just a few minutes then looked up at me. “It was… uhm, before I met you… just this guy. I thought I liked him… he was older.”

“How old were you?”

“Twelve.” He sniffled.

“Eric, who?”

“A friend of my dad’s.” he said quietly.

“When you said older, I thought you meant our age…” I said, in shock. “Oh God…”

“I was twelve and confused and stupid enough to think the man actually liked me and I knew I could never tell my dad I was gay… and…” Eric whispered, looking down. “It wasn’t like I thought he’d rape me… but I… I just liked the attention… until it got to things like that. But he said I was old enough… good enough.” He shuddered involuntarily in my arms.

“And you never told anyone?”

“He said if I told… he’d tell Dad I was gay.” Eric looked up slowly and met my eyes. “I should have told you right off. I’m sorry.”

“No… I’m just glad I know now… Eric… who was he? Do you still see him?”

“I’ve seen him once or twice… yeah… but not since mom and I moved here.”

I watched him, sniffling quietly. “I’m so sorry I yelled at you earlier today… and made that come on to you… Eric, if I had known…”

“I know… and I wanted to, Aiden… I really want to. I just… I’m glad your dad came in… I’m sorry…”

“I am never going to force you into anything… and I don’t want to go any further than you’re ready to…. 100% sure you’re ready to.”

“I know. I love you, Aiden.”

“I love you too.”

Bella’s POV

“Gimme a break, gimme a break, break me off a piece of that KIT KAT BAR!” Nikki shrieked, bobbing her head.

Jack giggled.

I rolled my eyes, buckling his seat belt. “One day, Jack, you really need to learn to do this yourself.”

“Nuht-uh. I’m gonna live with my mommy forever and ever.”

“I said that too, about my daddies.” I said. “You’re turning into me, Jacky. A spoiled brat.” I kissed his cheek.

“But you still love me, mama. Right?”

“You are so right. Both me and Nikki love you.”

“Mommy, is Nikki my other mommy now?” Jack asked, looking at Nikki who was listening to her headphones in lala land.

“Nikki’s always been your other mommy, babe.” I kissed his cheek again. “Now be a good boy and sit tight while mommy tells grandpa bye again.”

“Okay.” Jack said, turning the DVD player on and watching a Fairly Odd Parents DVD.

After Nikki and I got into the car and Jack was so into his DVD that he couldn’t hear a word we said, I turned to Nikki who was driving.

“What was wrong with Aiden?” I asked.

“I can’t really tell you that… but everything is okay now so you don’t have to worry about it.”

“Why can’t you tell me?”

“Because Aiden should tell you if you’re told, not me. I don’t go around telling people what you tell me.”

“But that’s different.”

“It isn’t different at all, Bella. I love you, but I’m not gonna betray his trust.”

I sighed. “He’s okay? Everyone is okay?”

“Yeah, everyone’s okay.” She smiled.

“Mama, I want a happy meal!” Jack cried.

“Alright, babe. We’ll go to McDonalds.”