The Pros and Cons of Loving

Part 42

The Next Morning…
Aiden’s POV

I woke up early the next morning, feeling my pillow moving. My eyes opened sleepily and I saw Eric beneath me. I kissed his warm and flushed cheek before sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

It was one in the afternoon. How late had we been up? I remember falling asleep right after him, but I hadn’t looked at the time.

“Mmh.” Eric moaned, rolling over. “Come back.”

I laid back down next to him, wrapping my arms around him.

“I’m hungry.” He said into my chest. “Make me scrambled eggs?”

I nodded, sitting up again. I pulled the sheet back to get out of bed and something red caught my eye. I pulled the sheet further back.

“Eric, th… there’s blood on here.”

“What?” he yawned, still half asleep.

Realization seemed to come over me and my eyes widened. Blood… on the sheets… where Eric lay, where we’d had sex…

“E-Eric are you… do you feel…” I trailed off, my eyes wide. “Eric, th-there’s blood… are you…”

Eric sat up wincing.

“Oh god, I hurt you… Eric I’m so sorry….” My hand went to my mouth and I stared at Eric in horror.

“No… I’m fine, Aiden. Honestly. I’m okay.” He assured me, wiping his eyes. He then smiled at me, his eyes lighting up. “I love you so much, Aiden.”

“Are you sure you’re okay, honey? W-we can go to… to a doctor….”

“I’m fine… just lay down with me. I wanna snuggle you for the rest of the year.”

I sighed and, after one last hesitant look, lay down next to Eric. My husband. That was so weird to say. It was odd to think that I… I had a husband. From now on it was us and we not Eric and I.

I wrapped my arms around him and he curled into me, smiling. “Last night was… better than I ever imagined.” He whispered, tilting his head up to look me in the eyes. “I mean… it felt like it was… meant to be.”

I felt my lips curving upward in a smile. “It did, didn’t it?”

He nodded and smiled again. “I’m glad we waited though…” he admitted.

“I just wish you’d been my first.” I said, chewing the inside of my cheek.

He nodded. “Yeah but… it was still special for our first time and we both agreed that we were going to let everything in the past stay in the past.”

I looked into his gray eyes and smiled. “True… I love you. So much.”

“I love you too… but while we’re just talking… my ass really hurts so could you make… make me some waffles?” he asked, giving me an adorable smirk.

I laughed, kissing him. “Of course, honey. I’ll be right back, okay?”

“I knew I loved you for a reason.” Eric grinned.

“Because I’m a mean cook.” I stood up. “I’ll be back.”

“Mmkay.” Eric curled under the blankets, smiling and resting his head on the pillow, as I left the room…