The Pros and Cons of Loving

Part 43

Later That Night
Gerard’s POV

“So I’ve been thinking.” I said, plopping down by Frank on our couch in the living room and pulling a couch pillow onto my lap. “What would you think of going on tour again?”

Frank looked up in surprise. “You mean My Chem on tour again?”

“Well we’re not going to start a new band.” I laughed.

“I… dunno. We’ve got the boys to look after, hon…” Frank said, looking hesitant.

“The ‘boys’ are married young men who are capable of looking after themselves.”

“Yes but Aiden’s still getting over his sickness and soon they’ll be starting their senior year… they need parental figures.” Frank glanced at his guitar, in the corner of the room.

“We won’t be gone all the time, Frankie… look, soon we’ll be too old to do this… and I don’t want to know I’ll never set foot on a stage again… You’ve been playing guitar a lot anyway. I know you miss it.” I said, also looking at the guitar.

“Yeah, Gee. I lost a lot of things becoming a parent but it doesn’t mean I’m going to abandon my barely eighteen year old son.” Frank sighed.

“Oh, come on Frankie. We both know that they want some times aloooone anyway. They’re newlyweds who have just discovered sex. Trust me, they won’t be heart broken.” I laughed and pulled him over to me.

“But… I’d be too worried.”

“This will be good for us and them. It’s a win-win for everyone involved. They get freedom, we get to go back and do the one thing we love in life.”

“No, Gerard. Music used to be the one thing we loved in life…. Now that thing is my children. We barely see Jack as it is, he’s sick so much. And Aiden and Eric are going to be leaving soon. To just go on tour?”

“We’re running out of time and it wouldn’t be a forever thing, babe.” I sighed and looked him dead in the eyes. “So, Frankie… what do you think?”

He sighed once again, but his lip, and then opened his mouth to answer…