The Pros and Cons of Loving

Part 47

Six Weeks Later
Aiden’s POV

“What’d the doctor say?” Dad asked as soon as Eric and I stepped into the house.

“His bones are in place.” I said happily. “He doesn’t need to be lifting and stuff, but we can have sex.”

Daddy rolled his eyes, laughing.

“What? You think we don’t know you two have been having sex?” Eric teased shyly. “We have ears.”

“Well you two are newly weds. I’m surprised you weren’t doing anything for six weeks.” Dad said.

“Can we not talk about my sex life?” I asked, feeling embarrassed. It wasn’t like I wanted to talk about our sex life to them. Then the whole world would know. That was just my luck.

“You started it.” Daddy said in a sing song voice.

I rolled my eyes this time. “Fine. While you three talk about my sex life, I will be doing my homework like a young responsible man.”

“Well while you do that I will watch Sponge Bob.” Eric said cheerfully.

I really wanted to know how he did it. My grades were decent now… but Eric had a 4.6 GPA on a 4.0 scale. He was a shoo in for Valedictorian, only two students were close and they had 4.46’s. Yet Eric watched TV all the time, did no extra curricular activities … he didn’t study for tests as long as I did… he’d gotten into every college he’d applied. Yeah, I’d gotten into the college I wanted in New York. But I applied. Eric got calls from major colleges, most of which he politely rejected. He wanted to stay here in Canada and live with my dads (while they were here, seeing as they would soon be on tour again.)

Eric was amazing… sometimes I can’t help but wonder why he loves me, honestly… its depressing… he’s always going to be better than me. Why settle for someone lower? Sometimes I wish we’d stayed split up so he could have someone better for him…

I sighed sadly and headed up to my room to study. I got halfway up there before Eric said, “Aiiiden, can you lay with me?”

I smiled and came down, lying next to him. His arms went around me, though I usually held him. I think he could tell I was sad. He always could, though. It didn’t surprise me.

He kissed my cheek. “I love you and I’m so glad we’re together.”

“Me too.” I responded honestly, relaxing against him and watching the TV.

“Do you think he’s gay?” I suddenly asked a few moments later, squinting at the screen.

“Huh?” Eric asked, his hand resting on my stomach.

“Sponge Bob. I think he and Patrick are gay.” I said, turning my head to look at him.

“O…. uh, I dunno… maybe.” Eric said, starting hard at the screen.

“I mean, you saw the episode where they have the baby, right? And Patrick stayed under the rock pretending to work while Sponge Bob took care of it?”

“Yeah…” Eric began to giggle. “Sponge Bob is gay.” He said quietly, still giggling.

I rested my hands on top of his and we lay, silently, watching the television screen.

I then realized how much I would miss Eric. After senior year, I’d be in another country. I wouldn’t get to lay with him, watching Sponge Bob and giggling while we tried to figure out the characters sexual orientations. Soon I wouldn’t make love to him when we wanted, I wouldn’t get to go out on late night walks with him to the lake where we would kiss and remember everything we’d been through at that lake.

Eric was… my life. I began to get this feeling of dread as I looked down at my beautiful husband, smiling and so carelessly watching the television screen. Our relationship had always been so hard… it was finally good. Could I really do this?

Could I live hundreds, maybe thousands, of miles away from the man I love? Be away from him?

How was I going to do this?


The End.

Next installation link