Sadly Haunted - Forget Me

Sadly Hunted- Forget me!

I was walking form school, going home. My school was a public school, which was right next to a Catholic school, which was right behind a church. It was Monday evening, school had just ended, usually my cousin would come to pick me, I was in grade 2 and new here, my parents were such worrywarts. I crossed through the field that separated our and the catholic school. As I neared the catholic school’s playground , I saw an ambulance. The police where there. I thought nothing of it and went home. Next day, as I expected, rumors flew like buzzing wisabees. Like any day I went home with my cousin, he seemed grim and pale. I was supposed to meet my friend who went to the catholic school today since it was a Tuesday. She always hang out with me on Tuesdays. Dropping my stuff home, I ran up 3 flights of stair to the 5th floor, walked down the corridor, and knocked on her house door. Her gran had answered and she looked pale. She let me in and told me where I can find Samantha my friend. I walked in to Samantha’s room to find her crying into her pillow, I was panicking inside but I stayed calm. I went over to her and sat down beside her, rubbing her back and telling her it was ok. After she had calmed, she turned and faced me as my cousin who walks me home and his friend who is Samantha’s brother came into her room. My cousin, he sat beside me, Samantha’s brother ,Eddie, took a seat in the chair infornt of me. They all had grim, pale, sad faces.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. Eddie and cousin weren’t surprised by my question, but Samantha was.
“you don’t know?” asked a now calm Samantha.
“no” I replied.
“Yuki, do not panic when we tell you this alright” I turned and faced my cousin nodding my head, curiosity written all over my face. I would watched my cousin till he would say something but I didn’t for Samantha had started to shake uncontrollably. Eddie walked over and embraced her.
“yuki..” my cousin began. I was getting tired of waiting.
“Spit. It. Out.” I said. He took in a deep breath and started once again.
“yuki, remember Monday at the catholic school Samantha goes to was an ambulance and police cars where there?” I nodded and let him continue. “yesterday a girl was found dead in the girl’s washroom, she had suicide” I looked at my cousin face a bit of horror was in my mind but I waited patiently as he struggled to get the words. Samantha was now whimpering and Eddie shook a bit.
“it was Ashley” I was shocked. Many thinks ran through my head at the moment.
‘no, impossible, not Ashley, she wouldn’t do something like that, she was happy, she was my first friend, the first to except me, welcome me, made me feel at home, no’ I looked into his eyes hoping it was a prank. No, his face, his eyes told me he was telling the truth. He brought me in to an embrace, just about to his grip tight when I pushed away. My voice was croaked and dry when I try ed to ask “proof”
I took a minute to calm down and then tried again “what is the proof?”. “they found a message in her blood saying ’forget me’” he replied wearily. I looked at him knowing there was more, but it seemed like he couldn’t continue.
“I … I found her” I turned and faced Samantha, her eyes were puffy red. She turned away from my gaze. My empty eyes were hurting her, I knew that moment but I couldn’t change it, I couldn’t mask my feelings like before.

“The cops wanna ask you a few questions, can you come down?” asked Eddie in a soft voice. I nodded not being able to think straight. They, my cousin, Eddie, Samantha, all walked with me down to Ashley’s apartment. They knocked the door and came in with me. The cops had answered the door. Ashley’s mom who was an alcoholic in treatment was crying hysterically. The cop who opened the door smiled kindly towards me and sat me down. He asked a few questions. Even though I just meet Ashley 3 weeks ago, we were best friends. We knew everything about each other. Secrets, interests, likes/dislikes, e.t.c. you name it, we knew everything! He had asked if she was involved with a boy. I looked up into his eyes angrily “she is afraid of boys, thaz why she doesn’t do anything near them” I replied coldly to the officer. He was surprised at my sudden change of attitude. He had asked my cousin to wait outside Ashley’s room, for that’s where he was questioning me. He closed the door sat infornt of me.
“you know of her past?” I nodded in reply. He questioned me a bit more, before asking if I knew what the message was. That night I cried the most. The next day came and I was depressed. I tried to carry on with life but I struggled hard. 1 week after the incident there was a funeral. I was trying my best but it was hard to move on, 2 weeks after the incident, on the wall they had found Ashley’s message was another message once again written in her blood.

‘Forget me, do not make me come after you’ was found by a girl. After Ashley’s suicide they(school) had installed a camera to the entrance of every bathroom and the only thing you were allowed to take was your agenda. That had shook me. Harder for me. I sank low into depression unable to handle the pain. I wanted my life over but I was stopped by those I cared for. 3 weeks after this new incident a girl who badly needed to use the washroom went in to the one Ashley had suicided in. no one used that washroom. 5 minutes after she entered the washroom a ear piercing scream came. Teachers rushed in. she was on the floor crying. As administrators questioned her they came by shocking evidence. She said, she had seen a girl around her age (this girl is also in grade 2) a girl who fit Ashley’s description hurt herself, she said she watched her do the things to herself on the side Ashley’s body was discovered, and her last words before she dropped to the floor to this girl was: ‘forget me!’ Till this day I couldn’t forget her. Her words replay through me. Forget you, why? I want an answer Ashley. Why should I forget you? Your last words were they meant for me? Or someone else, what happened? ‘Forget me’ can I? your last words : ‘forget me’.
♠ ♠ ♠
Something out of the ordinary, i live a weird life... one that is so abnormal.