A Dad's Struggle

Brain Stew

Lindsey looked out the window of their house, it was 2 am and Bandit was fast asleep.

I wonder how Gee is... she thought. I'll visit him tomorrow. She sighed and fell on the master bed and fell asleep.

______________________________________________________________________

Lindsey was woken up by Bandit.

"Hi Mommy."

"Hey, I'm visiting Daddy today, do you want to come?"

"YES!" Bandit squealed.

"OK, w'ell eat breakfast and head over."

____________________________________________________________________

They walked into Gerard's room and Lindsey looked at him. He didn't look well...at all. He was paler than usual. He looked like he was in pain. Terribly.

"Gee, are you OK?" She whispered at his pale body. The figure moved and sat up.

"Lyn..." He whispered. He turned to Bandit.

"You bought Bandit?" He said barely audible.

She nodded.

"Mommy, is Daddy OK?"

"I don't know Bandit."

"He looks more sick than before."

"I know."

Lindsey tried to keep her composure in front of Bandit. She walked over and noticed Gerard's expression turned drasticly. He was grimacing.

"Gee?" She asked worriedly.

"G...get Bandit out of here...I don't want her to see..."

"What? What do you mean?"

"I...I don't want to scare her, if she sees me puke up anything, especially if its blood, she'll be scarred."

"OK, I'll grab a nurse." Lindsey grabbed a nearby nurse, and told her what was going on.

The nurse smiled at Bandit and took her hand.

"What are you doing, lady?" Bandit asked innocently.

"Your Dad needs to talk to your Mom alone for a while, " She siad briskly walking down the hall.

She got Bandit to the children's ward, which wasn't to far away, but far enough so Bandit couldn't see, or hear, what was happening.

Back in the room Lindsey held Gerard's hand. Gerard was holding his stomach and gasping for air.
There was a bucket underneath Gerard's nose, which was about 1/4 of the way full.

"L...Lyn...G...Get H...House...." He gasped between gulps of air.

"OK," She said pushing the 'call' button.

House walked in.

"What happened?!" He demanded.

"Gerard...he..." LIndsey said before Gerard threw up for at least the 13th time. "He's really sick...again."

"OK, let me take a looksie." House said, pulling Gerard's hand away from his stomach.

He felt around and nothing was out of place. He told Gerard to open his mouth, but made sure there was a bucket, so there wasnt a reapeat of last time. Gerard obeyed and House looked at it, there were cavites in his teeth from being so sick. House found one tooth that was bleeding a bit, so that would explain the blood.

He put gauze on the tooth and checked Gerard's temp. 104.2, Gee was really in trouble.

"Get his daughter in here," he ordered to a nurse. She walked to teh childrens ward.

______________________________________________________________

"Mommy, what's wrong with Daddy?" She said, the whole room had a lingering smell. "And why does the room smell ucky."

"I'll tell you later hun," Lindsey said.

House told Bandit that her Dad was really really sick and had to get an MRI. Bandit didn't understand.

"We're going to give your dad a shot and we'll be able to see whats wrong." He explained.

Bandit and Lindsey left short after.