A Dad's Struggle

Complications

Gerard lost count of the weeks. He had hopefully gotten better, but with all illnesses there could be complications.

House walked in to check on him.

What is HE doing here?! Gerard mentally barked to himself.

House checked his oxygen levels. They were low.

"Shoot, this isn't good...." He muttered.

He put a stethascope to Gerard's chest. There was a large amount of fluid in his lungs. A sign of severe acute respiratory distress syndrome. Gerard tried to cough out the fluid. It was no use, he couldn't breathe.

He grabbed a hospital phone.

"Mrs. Way?"

"Yes? How...how is he?" She choked.

"Very ill, he has a large amount of fluid in his lungs, he cannot breathe, we need him to be hooked up to life support.

Lindsey's heart broke right then and there. Her husband was lying in a hospital dying.

"I....I'll be right over."

++~+~+~+~

Lindsey drove to the hospital, alone. (Bandit was staying at Gerard's parents' house.)

She raced up to the front desk.

"I....I'm here to see my husband...G...Gerar..rd W..Way," She stammered.

"Right this way," A nurse said, leading her to Gerard's room.

She saw Gerard, her sleeping beauty, deathly ill.

The ECMO machine was hooked into his neck, where there was a large artery. Blood was in tubes, some coming out of the machine, some coming in.

"G....Gerard. I love you." She held his IV hand, watching out for the wires, and tubes.

"If he doesn't improve, we want to have the consent to turn off the machines." A nurse said sadly.

Lindsey teared," Gee, you...you will make it, I know you will...."

She felt a tear run down her face and hit Gerard's pale hand.

She pulled out her cell.

"M...Mikey, it..its Gee...he...he's on...l...life sup....support," She sobbed into the phone.

"Ohh, God, Lyn...I need to get over there..."

"I know, please, don't tell Bandit yet, she will be too scared to understand, but don't lie to her, just tell her that Daddy is sick, and can't get home yet."

"OK."

+~+~+~+~

Mikey ran into his brother's room and gasped.

"G..Gee!!"

"P..please tell me I'm hallucinating." Mikey muttered.

"You're not Mikey, this is real....as real is life gets..."

Mikey wiped his eyes and looked at Gerard.

"You're strong Gee, you can do this..." He whispered. leaving the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
O.o will I kill Gee? Who knows? I hope not. I hope you liked this one. :)