A Dad's Struggle

Visiting the broken

Frank stared at his cell. Lindsey hadn't called to tell him when he could visit Gerard. He was getting worred. He haden't heard from Mikey in ages.

Ring! His phone went off. He looked at the contact: Mikey

"Yo?"

"Frank?"

"Mikey, what's wrong? You sound freaked out."

"I AM, Frank!!"

"Why?"

'Gerard is in the freakin' hospital!"

"Oh, God, is he OK?"

"No!! He isn't!! He...he's really, really fucking sick!!"

Frank could hear Mikey crying.

"OK, Mikey, I'll be over there now. Stay calm...OK?" Frank said, running to the car.

"Frank!! How CAN I!?"

"OK, I know its hard, but you need to not freak out, just imagine how Gee would feel if he's this sick, he's probably scared shitless."

"FRANK IERO!"

"Mikey I'm almost there, OK? I'm in the parking lot. I'm turning off my phone I'll be up there."

Frank raced up to the desk and asked for Gerard Way's room. The nurse directed him to an elevator. He jammed the button and raced up to Gerard's room. He wasn't sure what to expect...anything but this!

He saw Mikey and Lindsey beside a bed with Gerard, who looked lifeless. Frank noticed tubes running down Gerard's throat.

He put an arm around Mikey.

"Oh, man, Mikey. I din't know it was THIS bad, he can't even breate can he...?"

"N..no," Mikey choked out.

Gerard's heart monitor beeped. Mikey jumped. He raced over and put a hand on Gerard's head, watching out for the wires and tubes.

"It's OK, Gerard..."

Gerard's eyes fluttered open.
He gagged.

"Ssh, don't talk...you have breathing tubes down your throat..."

Gerard sighed.

"I'll get a nurse to take the tubes out...."

Mikey pressed the call button.

A nurse in bright pink scrubs walked in.

"OK, Mr. Way, this is going to hurt..a lot, but just hang in OK?" She said as she grabbed a tube and slowly started pulling a tube out of Gerard's throat. Gerard whimperd. Mikey, Lindsey and Frank held his hands.

"Hang on Gee..." They said.

The tube was remoed and Gerard looked like he was going to vomit.

"OK, this is the last tube,' The nurse said working on the second tube. She pulled it out and Gerard thew up on the bed sheets.

Mikey, Lindsey, and Frank looked at him worriedly.

"Hey, Gee."

Gerard smiled weakly.

"How are you feeling?" Frank asked.

"My...my stomach hurts and my throat burns, from having the tubes pulled out.."\

"Sorry to hear that..."

"S'OK..."

Gerard fell back on the covers, fast asleep.

Frank ran a hand down Geard's arm.

"Hang in there Gee..." he whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, well I got to update!