Love and Conspiracy

Promise Me No Dead End Streets.

“Hey, babe,” Mike said, walking up to me, “What’d you think of the show?”

“I loved it! You guys were fantastic!” I exclaimed with a smile.

“Why, thank you,” he said with a smile. “Have you seen Billie anywhere?” he asked curiously. I awkwardly scratched my head.

“Yeah, he just left,” I replied.

“What?! Without even helping us pack up? That little shit…” he said, sounding a little irritated.

“Uh, well. He just got in an argument with a blonde girl and stormed off. He seemed pretty upset,” I told Mike truthfully. His angered face softened.

“Izz,” he stated, more to himself than to me. I simply nodded in agreement. He sighed, “Well, he’ll be back around soon enough. I’m gonna go finish packing up and then we’ll get out of here,” he said, putting an arm around me to give me a hug. Once he went back towards the stage, I found Jess getting ready to leave.

“Lucy, there you are! What are you doing tomorrow?” she asked as we walked back outside.

“Nothing, I don’t think. Unless Mike has something planned,” I answered her.

“Psh, well Mike can wait! I’m taking you out tomorrow! It’ll be just us girls,” she said. I lightly laughed at her excitement.

“Alright, yeah. That sounds like a lot of fun!” I said with a smile.

“Great!” she exclaimed, “I’ll pick you up around 11 tomorrow then.” She paused, “Well, I’m getting out of here. Will you be okay by yourself?” she asked sincerely.

“Yeah, Mike will be out any minute,” I answered. She smiled and threw her arms around me for a hug. With that, she ran off to catch up with Chris.

Luckily, Mike had perfect timing and came out a minute or two later, ready to go. Once we got in the car and pulled out of the parking lot, he finally spoke.

“Looks like we’re going to get a storm tonight,” he commented out loud.

“I hope so! I’d love to see some rain.” He chuckled.

“You really don’t get rain over in Arizona?” he asked with slight disbelief. I shook my head.

“Hardly ever. If we do, people freak out as if it’s raining acid, or something,” I laughed, “It’s actually pretty funny, to tell you the truth.” He laughed along with me.

“Well, I suppose this is your lucky day then,” he said as raindrops began to hit the windshield. By the time we got home, it was pouring.

~~~

“You ready for a quick shower?” Mike joked as he turned off the ignition. I nodded, a huge smile growing on my face. We both opened our doors at once and quickly ran to the staircase. I lightly screamed with happiness; my body soaking up every drop that hit me. I could hear him laughing behind me as we raced up the stairs. By the time we made it inside, we were drenched and laughing our asses off.

“Was that satisfying enough for you?” he asked with a chuckle. I nodded excitedly before wrapping my arms around him. He kissed the top of my head. “Come on; let’s get out of these wet clothes. Don’t want you to get sick your first week here,” he said, taking me to his room.

Without even closing the door, he pulled off his wet shirt and threw it towards the hamper in the corner of the room. I walked towards the closet and slowly did the same, self-consciously keeping my back towards him. Before I could find another shirt to put on, I felt cold hands on my hips.

“They’re disappearing,” he said quietly, rubbing the places that used to be covered with bruises, sending a chill throughout my body. I put my hands on top of his and interlocked our fingers. “Do they hurt still?” he asked with a serious tone. I shook my head as tears slowly filled my eyes, remembering the terrible life I had left. After a moment, he turned me around to face him. “Babe, why are you crying?” he asked, rubbing the tears away with his thumbs. I forced a smile.

“I’m just so happy to be here,” I paused, “To be with you.” He stared deeply into my eyes before pressing his lips to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pulled me close against his body.

Within minutes he managed to push me onto the bed without breaking our kiss. Once he got on top of me, he delicately pressed his lips down my neck as his hands glided through my hair. I let out a small moan causing him to move back to my mouth. As we continued making out, my shaky hands slowly fumbled the button to his pants.

We were quickly interrupted by the front door being abruptly slammed shut. Mike sighed and placed one more kiss on my lips before rolling off of me to finish changing into dry clothes. I continued to lay there in my wet clothes, staring up at the ceiling as Mike left the room.

~~~

I awoke the next morning with fresh, clean clothes and a warm body next to me. I rolled over to see Mike still peacefully sleeping. After quietly sneaking out of the bed without waking him, I crept into the living room. Once I walked over to the kitchen, I poured myself a cup of water. While taking a sip, I glanced at the clock almost spitting out water everywhere. It read 10:33 AM. I had less than half an hour to get ready before Jess was going to pick me up.

I immediately set down my water and ran into the bathroom to take a shower. It wasn’t even ten minutes before I was out of the shower, quickly drying my hair as I went into Mike’s room. He was awake sitting on the edge of the bed once I walked into the room.

“Hey babe,” he said in a tired voice.

“Hey,” I said breathlessly as I pulled a shirt over my head, following along with some pants.

“What’s the hurry?” he asked.

“Jess is coming to pick me up any minute now,” I took a deep breath and looked over at him, “We’re having a ‘girl’s’ day.” We both laughed.

Just as I finished putting my eyeliner on, there was a knock on the door. I could hear Mike answer it and a girl’s voice fill the air.

“I’m stealing your girlfriend for the day,” I heard Jess say proudly. Mike chuckled.

“As long as I can have her back, that’s okay,” he joked. I grabbed my money and ran out to the living room. “When are you gonna be back? I might go over to Tre’s in the meantime.”

“Not more than a few hours,” Jess quickly answered for me before going down the stairs. Mike and I looked at each other and smiled.

“I guess I’ll see you in a bit,” I said, kissing him good-bye. I ran downstairs to see Jess patiently waiting in a black car for me.

“You ready?” she asked with a smirk. I nodded.

“Hell yeah!”