Love and Conspiracy

I Was Only Dreaming.

My breaths increased as I felt him go in and out of me over and over again. The pain had finally subsided after a while, as it was quickly replaced with pleasure. He had his own rhythm that began to drive me crazy with every thrust. My hands gripped his back for support as I felt the big moment slowly getting closer. His white, pick necklace swung in the air just above my face every time he moved his body. In one swift moment, his mouth pressed against mine, passionately kissing me as we both hurdled to our climax at once.

My eyes immediately fluttered open, bringing me back to reality. I quickly realized that someone’s arm was around me and my head was resting on their chest. However, it wasn’t the same scent that Mike usually had.

As my heart beat started to increase, I carefully sat up, not wanting to wake up the person next to me. I was shocked to see Billie’s sleeping face. He looked so innocent, remaining motionless besides the small breaths he took every now and then. It briefly brought a smile to my face until my eyes drifted down, noticing the white pick necklace that hung around his neck. My eyes widened in horror as I quickly gasped and got up from the ground. I took one last look at the still sleeping Billie before dashing back to the camp to look for Jess. I immediately spotted her out, sleeping on the ground next to the van.

“Jess… Jess, its Luce. Wake up; I need to talk to you!” I said in a loud whisper, not wanting to wake up Chris or anyone else. She groaned as she slowly woke up from her deep sleep.

“What?” she grumbled.

“I need to talk to you. It’s important,” I answered. After a minute or two, she finally opened her eyes and sat up.

“Alright, I’m up. What’s so important, doll face,” she said, still half asleep.

“Do you mind taking a walk with me?” I said quietly, causing her to sigh.

“Yeah, let’s go.”

~~~

Once we got far away enough from the camp, I finally stopped and sat down on a large rock near us. She sat down next to me, now being fully awake.

“Jess, I had a dream last night… A sex dream,” I told her seriously.

“Ooo, eager to get it on with Mike, are you?” she teased.

“It wasn’t of Mike,” I said slowly.

“Luce, it’s okay to have dreams like that about other people. It’s a totally normal thing for people,” she said, realizing that I wasn’t taking it as a joke. I shook my head.

“Not in this case,” I paused. “I shouldn’t be having dreams about my boyfriend’s best friend,” I continued barely in a whisper. Her eyebrows rose.

Billie?!” she exclaimed, whispering as well. I closed my eyes and nodded. “Well even so, you can’t help yourself from dreaming things sometimes. It just sort of happens,” she said with a shrug. I started to bit my nails as I shook my head more.

“But that’s the thing; I shouldn’t be having such vivid dreams like that,” I said, standing up to pace around the rock. She giggled.

“Well, why not? They’re pretty entertaining in my opinion.”

“Jess, I’m not for sure if you noticed, but I’m still a virgin. I shouldn’t even know how to have sex, let alone having sex in a dream!” I said quietly. She looked up at me with wide eyes.

“You are?! I could’ve sworn that you and Mike did it all the time!” she said, taking it off topic.

“That’s not the point! I had a dream that I was losing my virginity. To Billie Joe for Christ’s sake!”I said in a panicked voice. She paused to process what I was telling her.

“Well, do you have feelings for him?” she asked, completely serious.

“Are you fucking ridiculous?! No, of course I don’t have feelings for him!” I defended.

“I’m just making sure!” she concluded, “I still wouldn’t stress yourself too much about it. It was a dream; not reality.” I took a deep breath.

“I guess so. I just don’t know if I’m going to be able to look at him the same way now,” I admitted.

“Well, I wouldn’t make it too obvious because that’s when they’ll start asking questions,” she said as she started to stand up. She must’ve seen the anxiety spread across my face since she put her arm around me. “Don’t worry about it; it’ll be just a thing in the past by tomorrow.”

As we walked back to the camp, we saw that Mike and Chris were up and sitting around the pit again. They both smiled as we reached them.

“Where did you guys run off to?” Chris asked.

“Oh, just a walk,” Jess covered for us. Mike grabbed my hand and pulled me down on his lap. I giggled before gently kissing him. He smiled against my lips.

“Mmm, I missed you last night,” he said quietly, kissing me again. A tinge of guilt filled my body. “Did you sleep okay out there?” he questioned.

“Yeah, it was alright I guess. I would prefer sleeping with you,” I answered, quickly realizing how bad that sounded. He lifted his eyebrows as his grin grew. “I didn’t mean it how it sounded,” I said, stupidly.

“I know what you meant,” he said with a chuckle. The awkward silence grew between us. To my relief, it was quickly broken. However, it was by the person I did not want to see.

Billie scratched his head as he walked up to the group. He looked over at me, sending a strange feeling through me. The corners of his mouth slightly lifted before he sat down next to Chris. I immediately looked away without returning the smile. At that moment, Tre climbed out of the van.

“Man, did I sleep good!” he announced to the world.

“We don’t to hear about your wet dreams, Tre,” Chris joked, causing the guys to laugh. I felt more guilt pile on my shoulders as Jess subtly looked over at me.

“So, when do you guys think we should get going?” Jess changed the subject quickly. I smiled at her as a thank you.

~~~

On the drive back home, I dozed off against Mike’s shoulder quite a few times. Luckily, every time that I woke up, the dream slowly faded from my mind.

“I guess someone’s tired,” Mike said.

“Hmm, yeah,” I mumbled, a smile spreading across my face. I fell asleep again until we reached our apartment.

~~~

“Lucy, we’re home!” Mike said just like Ricky in I Love Lucy, “You can go sleep in an actual bed now!” Which was exactly what I did.

When I awoke again, it was about 1:30 in the afternoon. I got up and walked into the living room to see Mike watching TV. I plopped down on the couch next to him.

“Hey, babe. Did you have a nice sleep?” he asked, putting his arm around me. I nodded as he kissed the top of my head.

“Are we just gonna relax today?” I asked.

“Yeah, unless you had something else in mind?” he questioned. I shook my head.

“Nah, that sounds perfectly okay with me.” After a few minutes of the TV speaking to us, I spoke again. “Is Billie here?” I asked quietly.

“No, I think he went over to Tre’s for a little bit. He’ll be back later, I assume,” he answered. I looked over at him, causing him to look back at me with a quizzical expression. “What?” he asked. I leaned in and kissed him, immediately putting a smile on his face. “Oh?” he said with a smirk.

As we began to make out, my mind couldn’t help but remember my dream with Billie. Wanting to block it out, I got on top of Mike to straddle his lap without breaking our kiss. His tongue started to explore my mouth as he wrapped his arms around me, securing me in place. My hands gently gripped his hair, receiving a moan from him.

Once we were finally able to separate our mouths for a moment, I pulled off my shirt, leaving me in just my bra. He started placing kisses all down my neck and collarbone as his hands rubbed my sides. I put my hands underneath his shirt before lifting it over his head. We quickly started to search each other’s mouths again as his hands found their place on my chest. Before his hands were able to unhook my bra, we heard footsteps coming up the stairs from outside. In one swift moment, I jumped off his lap as we both got our shirts back on. The front door opened and Billie walked in.

“Hey, guys,” he said happily before looking over at us. We must’ve looked flustered since his eyebrows immediately furrowed in confusion. “Did I interrupt something?” he asked, frozen in place.

“Nope!” I replied a little too quickly. After a little more hesitation, he finally shook his head and walked to his room. I took a deep breath once I heard his door close.

“I feel like a teenager that almost got caught by their parents,” Mike teased. I lightly hit him.

“Hey, don’t make fun of me!” I said, giggling. He chuckled.

“Do you know how many times I’ve walked in on Billie doing stuff with girls? I don’t think he would’ve minded that much.”

I would’ve minded,” I defended myself.

“Oh, Luce,” he said, before putting his arm around my shoulders. “It’s just Billie. He’s no harm.”

Says you, I thought to myself. We continued to watch TV in silence.