Love and Conspiracy

Where do we go from here?

We quickly ran around to the front of the house and dashed down the street to where Mike had parked his car, without making a sound. The adrenaline rush was amazing, considering that it had been quite some time that I’ve done something ‘rebellious’ as some may say. Scott, of course, had usually kept me in line. After climbing in the car, Mike was speeding off down the street.

“Thank you for saving me!” I exclaimed, breathlessly. He chuckled, a little out of breath himself.

“I honestly didn’t think you would be up for anything like this, but I was like, ‘Hell, what if I don’t get to see this girl again?’ So, I figured I’d try it out. I guess I got lucky.” I smiled at him, falling into the same daze that I had so many times that day. After a few moments, I shook my head into reality once again.

“So, where are we going, anyways?” I questioned.

“Well, we’re gonna pick up my buddy Tre and have us some fun!” He said in a red neck accent. I giggled at his sense of humor.

We pulled up to a trashy looking house, with weeds growing all over the front yard and graffiti covering one of the outside walls.

“What a beautiful looking house,” I mumbled to myself, sarcastically. Mike chuckled before honking the horn. A few moments later, a shorter guy with green hair came out of the house, skipping to the car. Right before he was about to open the passenger door, he stopped abruptly and gave me a confused look through the window. However, it quickly grew into an evil smirk as he climbed into the back seat.

“And who might this be?” he asked putting his face inches away from mine. I slowly moved away from him since I was beginning to feel a little uncomfortable.

“Lucy, Tre. Tre, Lucy.” Mike quickly introduced, before driving off again. Tre continued to smile at me.

“You are quite the looker, aren’t you Lucy?” Tre asked as he looked me up and down, nodding his head in approval.

“Tre, back off. Come on, did you not just leave your girlfriend’s house?” Mike asked as if he were used to him acting like this. Tre let out a satisfied sigh as he leaned back in his seat.

“True… Man, is she feisty!” Tre remarked, reminiscing in his memories. I let out a small laugh at how odd he was.

“She thinks I’m funny!” He exclaimed, jumping up in his seat. Mike laughed.

“She’s probably laughing at what a dumbass you are.” My smile grew as I looked out the window, enjoying my new friends.

~~~

After driving around endlessly, we finally pulled into a liquor store parking lot.

“Hah, like you’re gonna get away with that. They’re pretty strict about that kind of stuff here in Arizona.” I scoffed. Mike gave me a confused look.

“Get away with what?” He asked in a serious tone. My smile dropped when I realized he wasn’t joking.

“How old are you guys?” I questioned. Mike hesitated before speaking.

“Well, I just turned twenty-one and Tre is twenty,” he paused. “How old are you?” he asked slowly. I bit my lip nervously, since I thought my age would immediately make them rethink their decision on letting me hang out with them.

“Oh, well I’m nineteen,” I lied. Mike’s smile returned on his face again.

“Alright, you won’t mind some underage drinking then, will you?” He asked.

“Of course not!” I answered.

“Great.” Mike said before getting out of the car and into the liquor store. I spaced out, beginning to wonder why I would lie to him about my age, but it’s not like I would see him again after this, right? My thoughts were quickly interrupted.

“Nineteen, eh?” Tre asked, “I remember when I was nineteen…” He drifted
off into the little world in his mind again. I laughed at how ridiculous he was, which caused him to focus his attention on me again. He gave me a curious look.

“Hey, don’t get any ideas. I’m not that kind of person.” I told him seriously.

“What kind of person?” He pushed, leaning a little closer to me. My heart beat increased a little. I knew he wasn’t capable of doing anything wrong, but he still made me nervous without Mike there.

“You know what I’m talking about,” I stated strongly so he knew I wasn’t just bullshitting him. He laughed, leaning back in the seat again.

“Ah, don’t get your panties in a bunch. I’m just messing around with you a bit,” he said, beginning to drum out a beat against his legs. Although I was a little relieved, he still weirded me out. “Where the hell is that man with my— Mike! There you are!” He said just as Mike opened up the door. He threw all the alcohol back to Tre as he turned on the ignition.

“Now, for the fun! Yee-haw!” Tre yelled. We all laughed as we headed off to our next destination.