Love and Conspiracy

Give Me Something That I Need.

After our little “talk” on the beach, Billie and I had decided that we didn’t want to do anything too drastic on such short notice. So, we kept it simple and kissed a final time before heading back to the reception and acting like nothing had happened.

~~~

The following day, Tre and I were left to fend on our own since Chris and Jess went on their honeymoon for a couple days. However, I spent most of my day glancing at the clock wondering when Mike and Billie were going to arrive. Mike hadn’t given me a specific time, but he promised that he was going to stop by sometime during the day. There was no doubt in my mind that Billie would be tagging along if that were the case.

“What do you wanna do for lunch?” Tre asked, stopping me from zoning out.

“We just ate a couple hours ago!”

“Yeah, that was a couple hours ago,” he said, smiling, “I’m a man, what do you expect?” I let out a laugh.

“Being hungry all the time makes you a man?”

“No, being sexy makes me a man,” he stated proudly. I couldn’t help, but just shake my head at him and smile.

“So did that help you out with the ladies last night?” I teased. He fake pouted.

“Well, let’s just say that I wasn’t the sharpest tool in the box last night. Weddings aren’t my forte.”

“Of course they aren’t,” I said, continuing to laugh. That’s when I heard a slight knock on the door before Mike walked in. My heart lightened up, thinking Billie was with him.

“Hey, glad to see you in a good mood today,” he said directed towards me. When he shut the door behind him, I knew Billie hadn’t tagged along. I forced the smile onto my face again.

“What other mood could she possibly be in when she’s around me?” Tre said.

“You’re right, that is the only mood I’ll be in around you,” I joked, using his own words against him. He paused to think about it for a moment before mentally kicking himself.

“Damn!” he said, pouting again. Mike chuckled along with me, sitting on the couch next to Tre.

“So, how have you been surviving with the child?” he asked me.

“It’s been pretty entertaining, actually,” I said with another laugh.

“She likes me! She really likes me!” Tre said in a sing-songy voice as he smiled like a five year old.

“Well, isn’t that a first,” Mike teased him.

We continued to gang up on Tre until he couldn’t take it anymore and left the room to finally get him some food. Mike and I remained relatively quiet as we watched TV. The thought of Billie was starting to eat me up alive. After some amount of time, I finally got up the courage to ask.

“So, where’s Billie?” I said quietly in a nonchalant tone. I didn’t want to make it seem like I was that concerned of where he was. I could feel Mike tense up a little bit when I asked.

“Uh, I don’t think he’ll be making it tonight,” he said, not even looking over at me. Stress started to fill my body. He knew something that he didn’t want to tell me. However, I simply nodded as if I could care less. He spoke up again, “Luce, I just want to let you know. Don’t get your hopes too high up. He has a knack for not coming through; as I’m sure you’ve noticed.” I attempted to swallow down the lump that had formed in my throat.

“What do you mean?” I said, trying to laugh, but it came out as a nervous gasp.

“Well,” he started, putting his hand behind his neck, “Before I left he told me that he was getting ready to go out tonight.” My stomach dropped, but I forced my mind to not assume the worst.

“Going out?” I said, trying so hard not to lose it. He sighed.

“On a date,” he answered quietly. It felt like a sharp knife had been stabbed through my heart. I couldn’t believe that I fell for everything that he had said the night before. My mouth quivered into a smile.

“Oh,” I muttered, “Well, good for him. We need to move on anyways.” I surprisingly choked back my emotions and calmed myself down. I even believed myself for a moment.

“So you’re okay with it?” he questioned. I must’ve been pretty convincing to him, too.

“Of course! He deserves to be happy,” I said with a smile. I was proud of myself for not breaking down in front of him.

Not long after, the pizza that Tre had ordered had arrived. With no appetite whatsoever, I managed to slip through the back door and get some time to myself outside as the other two decided to have lunch. After taking a deep breath of fresh air, I had noticed that they had hung up a hammock in the backyard. It was the perfect place for me to relax.

~~~

It didn’t take me long to fall asleep as I gently swayed in the hammock. I must’ve been asleep for a good hour before I was woken by a voice.

“Care if I join?” I heard a voice ask that I assumed to be Mike. Without opening my eyes, I mumbled and nodded my head as a yes. Once he was lying next to me, I realized that wasn’t the scent I was used to. It was almost too comforting.

I opened my eyes to see Billie’s smiling face greeting me. I couldn’t help, but smile back at him. However, I was quickly reminded by what Mike had said.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, trying to cover up the hurt in my voice. He chuckled.

“Why shouldn’t I be here?”

“Don’t you have a date that you should be attending?” I asked, looking away from him. He was quiet for a moment.

“How’d you find out?” he questioned in an accusing voice. I looked up at him with anger in my eyes.

“You’re fucking telling me that’s true?! Why the hell did you go off telling me all that stuff last night if you didn’t mean it?!” I yelled, shocked that I felt no hint of tears coming on. He looked
taken aback.

“What are you talking about?” he asked, looking genuinely confused, “Of course I meant what I said to you. I wouldn’t lie about that.” My anger settled a bit.

“Well, when you said we weren’t going to do anything drastic, I didn’t think that meant dating other people,” I admitted slowly started to sink again.

“Dating other people? I’m not doing that. It was supposed to be a surprise for you,” he said calmly, “Can’t trust a guy to keep a secret.”

“Really?” I asked, the stress starting to disappear. His deep green eyes looked at me as he smiled.

“Yes,” he whispered, gently kissing my lips. I started to melt against him as our kissing became more passionate. I pulled away after a minute.

“What if they see us?”

“Let them,” he growled, smiling against my lips as we continued kissing. How I managed those three months without him, I had no idea. All I wanted was to be with him at all times.

~~~

Once we had finally slowed our eager kisses, I placed my head on his chest. I could hear his heart softly beating below me.

“So, you want to go on a date with me?” he asked quietly. I looked up at him.

“Do you really have to ask?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it's a short one and took forever to update! I'm having a bit of a writer's block on what to do for their 'date', so that's why it's been so long.

If you have any suggestions for it, that'd be great! Thank you again for reading! :D