Follow the Bright Lights

Four;

Mitchell’s POV

Sitting on a plane next to Kyle was annoying. Especially when you’re on a commuter plane, which is small in the first place.

He had his music blasting really loud. And it was music I listened to of course, but it just got annoying after awhile.

I was trying to sit back and not puke and/or look out the window. I had motion sickness and though I’d taken something for it before I got on the plane, looking out over the plane as it turned to my right and being able to see the ground below me...that made me want to hurl.

I also had a fear of peeing on a plane. I was afraid that if I peed on a plane all of a sudden turbulence would come and I would lose my balance and fall into literal shit. Or that the plane would suddenly land and I would be freaking out in the tiny bathroom.

Since I had motion sickness, I had to take the pill for it. And it was right before the plane. I’m not good with pills. So I had to down a whole bottle of water to be able to swallow it.

I really had to pee.

I turned up the music and tried to stop fidgeting with my hands. I fidgeted with my hands when I was boring or nervous, or had to pee.

I was listening to Owl City, if you wanted to know. I’d heard they be in Los Angeles the next night, which was Friday, and I really wanted to go see them perform. Kyle probably wouldn’t go with me because he was a jerk like that and enjoyed losing me in big cities.

The flight attendant came by and asked me what I wanted to drink.

“Um...nothing...thanks...”

She asked Kyle, who said he wanted Diet Coke.

Just as he said it, I looked at him. And just as I looked at him the plane tilted to the right and I was looking out the window. My stomach lurched.

She came back only a minute later with Kyle’s drink.

I couldn’t look at it.

I turned up the volume as far as it would go, but I could still hear Kyle’s music.

“Will you turn it down?” I poked him, but he kept jamming to Kanye.

“KYLE!” I poked him again and he glared at me and pulled off his headphones.

“Will you...” I couldn’t even get my question out.

“No,” he put his headphones back on.

And then the plane tilted right again.

Just behind me I heard something that sounded like water trickling, like a gosh darn faucet.

Some kid behind me had spilt his water and was now screaming bloody murder. The water soon flowed down past my chair and to my feet.

I cursed under my breath.

“How long until we’ve landed?” I asked the attendant.

“An hour or so,” she replies.

I nearly started crying.

I couldn’t stand another hour of Kyle’s loud music, my fidgety hands, my about-to-burst bladder, tilting planes, and spilling water.

I would just die.

I got up and nearly ran to the bathroom, telling myself to breathe through my mouth so I wouldn’t smell all the gnarly smells, and I went pee the fastest I’ve ever peed in my life.

Sitting back down in my seat, I closed the window so I wouldn’t be in danger of puking, I turned my music up to finally drown out Kyle’s, and I listened to Designer Skyline in peace.

The end.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and subscribe por favore!