Follow the Bright Lights

Six;

Mitchell’s POV

We were driving through the crowded Los Angeles streets, on our way back to the hotel. We’d spent the whole day just driving around, stopping at shops that looked cool and eating at a few Mexican restaurants. I told Kyle if we went out for Mexican, then he better come with me to the Owl City show. He still wasn’t too keen on the idea.

“C’mon. It’s at some club. Just go there and get drunk and ignore me while I listen to my sissy music,” I laughed. We were stuck in traffic.

“Fake ID’s? Mitchell Davis, I am ashamed,” he shook his head.

“Seriously, who hasn’t used a fake ID to get into clubs back home?”

“I’m just fooling with you. I’ll go and bring my card and get drunk. You might have to drag me back to the hotel.”

“Deal.”

Traffic was the worst in L.A. I played with my camera for a bit, taking silly pictures of cars or shops or myself or Kyle. I was hoping that Saturday I could walk around and take pictures.

We didn’t really plan to do anything specific here, just play it by ear.

I wanted to go into Hollywood too, take pictures of the stars on the Boulevard. I’d plan that for Saturday.

“Kyle?” I piped up suddenly. I looked outside and stared at a few streetlights. We were almost at the hotel.

“Yeah?”

“That girl looked kind of familiar.”

“What girl? Is she famous?!” he looked left and right, hoping that I spotted someone walking down the street.

I sighed. “No. Nevermind..”

The girl I meant was the girl at Starbucks, the one that had been in front of us. Though she was wearing sweats and stuff, I still thought she was mega pretty.

And I wasn’t one to usually think like that, you know?

I had to know a girl for a while and then I would think maybe I liked her, I just didn’t like random people out of the blue. I certainly wasn’t like Kyle.

I like personality over looks when it comes down to it.

When we got back to the hotel I went to my room and just laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

I wasn’t thinking about anything in particular, but then I thought about Skye. What were the chances of meeting her? California was a really big place, and I couldn’t be sure where exactly she was.

I pulled out my phone and went on Google and I typed in her name, Skye O’Brien. I got a few Facebook accounts, none that looked like her. I clicked on pictures and found a few from Flickr. I saw a beautiful girl in vintage clothes. Could it be her? I wasn’t sure... The last time I’d seen her we’d still been little kids.

I rolled over on my stomach and texted a few people, trying to get my mind off of her.

If that was her, then she was gorgeous. Like, I’d-be-afraid-to-talk-to-her gorgeous.

But no matter who she was now, what she looked like, I just wanted my friend back.

I buried my face in the pillow. Good things come to those who wait, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
comments and subscriptions are always enjoyable :D