Follow the Bright Lights

Eight;

Mitchell's POV

We got to the club ten minutes before Owl City was going to play. Kyle instantly headed for the bar. I was okay with that, at least he'd gone with me.

I ran a hand through my hair and walked over to the crowd of people near the stage. I thought there would have been more. Maybe not many people liked Owl City. They were missing out.

I wasn't in the mood to mosh but I could see people pushing each other closer to the front.

Moshing to Owl City? Lame.

I've only moshed hardcore for Mychildren Mybride. That was pretty sick.

It was a mixed crowd. Boys and girls. Scenes and hos and preps. I didn't like L.A. too much. Too many fake people. I liked New York more. And it was closer too.

I moved up a bit to watch Adam, the lead singer, set up. My heart was racing. I loved going to shows. Every one felt to me like my first concert. That's how much I loved music.

I pushed into the crowd as the first song started just to be closer. I could get better pictures that way.

The first song was Saltwater Room. I sang along with the rest of the crowd of course. But I didn't think I was that good of a singer, so I kept it quiet while I took my pictures.

"Hey, nice camera," I heard someone say.

I looked over just for a second. "Thanks." I looked back at the girl for a moment. She looked...

"Do I know you?" she asked, raising her eyebrows, remembering me from somewhere too.

She was the girl from the mall! God she was beautiful.

"I dunno..." Fireflies started playing. "Were you at the mall yesterday?"

She smiled. That smile... "Yeah."

"I'm Mitchell, Mitchell Davis," I said and held out a hand.

Her face instantly went white, her smile fading.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She looked like she was going to pass out.

"What did you say your name was?"

"Mitchell Davis..." oh god. A fangirl.

But, her eyes and her smile...

Her eyes were flooding with tears. "Mitchell, its's me, it's Skye!"

My heart leapt to my throat, my hands started to shake, and instinct made me do what I did. I wrapped my arms around her and I kissed her. She stiffened, but then wrapped her arms around me too as we continued to kiss.

"I'd like to make myself believe that planet Earth turns slowly. It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep, cuz everything is never as it seems, when I fall asleep," blared onstage.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOOT!

comment darlings.