Sick Little Games

Be careful.

“Katherine!” Christine called, running up the stairs to Katherine’s house. She knocked on her bedroom door just to hear a faint “Come in!” before she rushed inside.

“Ready?” Christine smiled. Katherine shook her head slowly, fiddling with her perfectly straight dark brown hair. “Why are you so nervous?” Christine asked with a slight laugh to her voice. “Get excited, dude! This is gonna be sick!”

Katherine nodded again, smiling at her friend.

“Plus,” she added, “You look gorgeous, and you know Alex is going to be there.”

“Shut up, he’d never want to be with a girl like me,” Katherine denied, finally letting her smile break through. She was excited, but more nervous than anything else. It was her first “real” party; you know, filled with dancing, alcohol, and sleeping around. Those kinds of things didn’t excite her greatly, but one boy in particular did. Alex Gaskarth was his name, and she made sure he was on her friend invitation list. She knew he would be, for he made a presence at every party, but it doesn’t hurt to double check, right?

“Let’s go!” Katherine smiled again, pulling Christine through the rooms and to the front door, where her older brother stood. He would be taking them, for neither of them had a license yet. Minutes seemed like hours as he drove past countless houses and streetlights until they reached their destination.

“Be careful,” he nodded as the two girls hopped out of the car. “And keep your cell phone on, okay? Call me when you need to be picked up.”

Katherine nodded, jumping out of the car.

“Thanks for the ride!” Christine called, as both of the girls made their way into the party scene.

It seemed weird to both girls, but they just shrugged to each other, walking into the house. The first thing Katherine noticed were the dancing bodies. And among those bodies sat the smug smile of Alex Gaskarth. Katherine smiled to herself as she noticed him, and he smirked when he noticed she was checking him out. Katherine sat and watched the party scene unravel, but soon enough, Alex appeared next to her.

“You’re pretty,” he slurred, walking over to the alcohol table that sat next to where Katherine sat, and pouring himself another drink. Wasn’t it a little too early in the party to be completely trashed? Katherine just shrugged to herself. If this was normal behavior for Alex, she’d need to get used to it. “Want anything?” he nodded towards her.

“Uh, sure,” Katherine responded hesitantly. She’d never had alcohol before, and she wasn’t planning on consuming any that night, but it was Alex Gaskarth offering it; the same irresistible guy she would draw hearts for during boring history lessons. He smirked again, concocting a drink she wasn’t familiar with.

“Here ya go,” he smiled at her, her stomach tingling when she felt his hand brush against hers while handing her the drink. She muttered a simple “thanks” before she took a sip. It tasted weird to say the least; the bitterness burned her throat a bit, but she smiled at Alex anyway as she gulped it down.

“Feeling a buzz already?” he laughed watching her sway in her seat a few minutes later.

“N-n-no,” she stuttered, and smiled to reassure him. She lied.

“Want another one?”

“I’m up for it.”

Alex grinned, making her a total of… she wasn’t even sure how many. By the next hour she wasn’t even sure what was going on around her. She felt out of it completely, but she felt good.

“Let’s get away from this all, shall we?” Alex laughed in his drunken state.

Katherine giggled, agreeing. “Alex, you’re so cute,” she sighed as they made their way up the cream-colored stairs. He smiled cockily in response, kissing her neck as they walked.

“Alex,” Katherine moaned as they reached their destination: the furthest bedroom from the staircase. She kissed him hardly on the lips, toppling onto the bed in the middle of the room.

“I love you,” Alex slurred, diving right into his mission from the beginning.

-----

Katherine Murphy jumped awake in a cold sweat. She didn’t really remember falling asleep, nor did she really care at that moment. She poked her head up slowly, examining her surroundings, finding herself still in Jack’s “storage room”, still on the green sofa with Alex next to her. She was surprised to see him wide-awake on the other side.

“Alex!” she whisper-yelled and his head jolted in her direction.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, concern coating his voice.

“Nothing, just… lay with me, please?” Katherine asked in a soft and scared fashion.

“Wanna talk yet?” he smiled at her.

“No, I just want you to lay with me, now do it!” she demanded.

“Okay!” Alex huffed, throwing his arms up in defense and laying besides her, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Katherine’s thoughts were racing, but she found her breathing slow when Alex neared her. She didn’t understand how he could have that effect on her; it’s not like she felt fully comfortable with him around, because she didn’t. She felt nervous with him around. She felt even more nervous dreaming, or even thinking about the past. She didn’t know what to feel when he was around nowadays, but either way, she liked it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I posted this one a day early to thank everybody for 10 stars (:
even though it's a bit fillerish... thanks for 10 stars! haha.
I'm really very giddy about it, actually.

there'll still be an update tomorrow, too.
I've already got it written, in fact. just gotta edit it and what-not.
maybe I'll even post it tonight if you want it...
I have a feeling you just might like that one (:

comments? subscriptions? (please?)
opinions on all time low's mtv hitlist if any of you've seen it yet?