Sick Little Games

It didn't seem like you two were friends.

Katherine Murphy stepped into the TaxiCab feeling satisfied with herself, even though she felt like she was suffocating on the inside. She was never one to give in easily, especially to guys like Alex Gaskarth. It’s not that Alex was an asshole, because he wasn’t, but he was most definitely a manwhore. Guys like Alex were guys Katherine knew she should stay away from. Not only was he extremely good-looking, but he was a charmer. He was the perfect guy… until he broke your heart; until he walked right out of your life like he never was a part of it. That’s what he did to Katherine, and he didn’t even know.

Katherine didn’t know if she could withstand another heartbreak from him. She was determined to be the heartbreaker this time around; determined to put Alex Gaskarth in his place for once.

“Mommy, who was that?” Lucy asked, looking up at Katherine with curious brown eyes, full of unanswered questions. Katherine hesitated. She didn’t want to lie to her own daughter, but she knew the truth wasn’t something someone as small as Lucy should hear.

“Alex,” she replied, “He’s an old friend.”

“It didn’t seem like you two were friends,” Lucy muttered. For someone so small, Katherine couldn’t believe how much she could already understand.

“Things got awkward after a while, sweetie, that’s all.”

Lucy nodded, and continued to stare out the Taxi window. “It’s pretty here,” She whispered as the Taxi passed a countless amount of lights and buildings. Katherine smiled as they passed so many places she remembered vividly. She pointed some out to a smiling Lucy; her old house, school, church, the local Wa-Wa she always used to hang out in front of; she even showed her Alex’s house. Lucy automatically smiled bigger at the mention of Alex’s name.

The TaxiCab skid to a stop, and after paying the driver, Katherine and Lucy made their way to Katherine’s mother’s house, where the Taxi stopped. Lucy skipped to the door giggling, for her grandmother was alike every other grandmother; she completely spoiled her.

“Boo,” Lucy giggled, sneaking up on her grandmother.

“Lucy! You’re back!” The elderly women replied, smiling. Lucy nodded and jumped into her grandmother’s arms. Katherine stood back and watched her two favorite people in the world converse with purely love in their eyes. It was the perfect Kodak moment, even though they were obviously not that couple in love like that shot normally went hand-in-hand with. Although, Katherine’s family was sure as hell the furthest from normal. Her mother and her both were single and strong. Katherine picked the wrong boy to come face to face with at a party, and her mother just got out of a rough divorce.

“Hello?” Katherine brought her lips to the mouthpiece of her cell phone, which was vibrating in her pocket moments before.

“Katherine!” Her best friend shouted in her ear.

“Ow,” Katherine laughed, “Whattya want, Christine?”

“You’re coming out with me tonight, alright? You haven’t been here in forever!”

“But Luc-“ Katherine started, but her mother cut her off with a flick of the wrist, urging her to go.

“What time should I be ready?”

-----

Alex Gaskarth took a huge bite of the Arbys sandwich he was holding between his fingers. Jack Barakat sat to the left of him, mimicking Alex’s motions perfectly. Jack’s dark hair fell over his chocolate brown eyes, and he shook his head to rearrange the mess sitting on top of his head. On the right of Jack sat Rian Dawson, who had grabbed a napkin to wipe the miniscule dot of Arby sauce on his lip. Next to Rian sat Zack Merrick, nodding in response to the giggling group of girls sitting besides him. There were four of them, one for each of the boys. Alex knew all of their faces, but couldn’t put a name to them if he tried.

The group finished up their meal, and headed out to the cars parked outside. Jingling his keys, Alex led Jack and two of the girls to his car, and watched as Rian and Zack left with the two others in Rian’s.

Alex decided they were having a party at Jack’s, and that was that. Jack’s parents were out of town, and he was always up for a party, so there were no complaints out of Jack’s mouth.

Alex stuck the keys in his ignition, and put his foot to the pedal. As they drove, he noted all the amazing sights in Baltimore. It was quite the joy ride in his mind, although the passengers obviously didn’t agree. Jack looked completely bored in the passenger’s seat and the girls in the back wouldn’t stop giggling. Alex couldn’t deny the fact that both of them were smokin’ to say the least, with wavy blonde hair reaching past their elbows, but that’s all they were. As much as Alex knew he sounded like a jackass, all they were to him was a quick lay and a departure. And that’s all he was to them. After all, he didn’t think he heard either one of them speak to him the entire night, that is, until they arrived at Jack’s house.

“Alex,” one purred in his ear, tugging on the sleeve of his shirt. She pulled him up the stairway, kissing him once, allowing it to linger, and only leaving him wanting more.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying to get these out fast, so it can get interesting.
I've got a few more pre-written. When they get used up, updates'll be a little slower.

comment / subscribe !
pleaseeeeeeee?
I'll comment your atl stories too (: