Sick Little Games

I'll never be happy with someone like you.

Alex Gaskarth laughed as he looked up at Katherine. Her brown hair bounced up and down, and her eyes glistened. For the first time he’s seen, there was a genuine smile on her face as she danced around the floor with him. Taking her hand, he pulled her across it and over to the drink table. The smile wiped right off her face when he asked if she wanted alcohol.

“I don’t drink anymore.”

“What?” he laughed lightly, for that was pretty unnatural in this day and age. “And what’s this with you and ‘anymore’?”

“Forget it,” she mumbled, taking a seat.

“Why won’t you let me get to know you?”

“Why would I want you to know me?”

“You don’t even know me!”

“I know enough,” she scoffed. “Don’t think for one second that I don’t know what you do, Gaskarth.”

“And what’s that?” Alex questioned. “Sorry I like to enjoy myself. Sorry I get caught up in it sometimes. Look at you! You were happy when you got caught up in it! Don’t you want to be happy, Katherine?”

“You’re not the person you think you are, and I’ll never be happy with someone like you.”

If she didn’t look like she was about to cry, Alex would have blown up right there. He was flustered and frustrated. He didn’t understand. She didn’t understand. She couldn’t understand. She knew him a mere two days, yet they were fighting like they have unfinished business from years ago.

“Do you have something to tell me?” He asked, completely and truly wondering if he did something in another life that set her off.

Katherine sighed, clutching the bottom of the chair with both hands as she sat, looking anywhere but at Alex. “No.”

“Well, if you change your mind…” Alex trailed off, sticking his hand out, indirectly asking for her phone.

She hesitated at first, but handed it over. He put his number in it and handed it back to her.

And the silence returned.

It was as if everything disappeared except for them, and that’s not the way Alex planned on spending this evening. He wanted to have fun tonight, not waste his time trying to get into some girl’s head. It was too time consuming, and he knew it was no use.Save that one for tomorrow.

Realized I was passing through
From the moment I saw you
I was hypnotized


Alex smiled at the song that he just realized was blowing through the speaker system. “Gimme another chance?”

Katherine didn’t respond. She wasn’t exactly capable of responding at that given moment.

Go ahead and call your friends
I’ll do whatever it takes
So I can make you trust
This party’s going south
Let me know what’s going on with us.
" Alex looked at her as he sang along.

“You’re so cheesy.” She grinned, again forgetting how furious she was with this boy.

’Cause it’s alright
There’s nothing to stop us
If it feels right
Then everything’s fine.
For just one night…


She cut him off, “Then you’ll go back to your life
And I’ll go back to mine


Alex grinned as Katherine pulled him into the dance floor once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
meh, I don't like this chapter.

it's 5:20 AM, EST. why am I still awake?!
man, my sleeping schedule is so screwed up...
I've been watching the sunset come up every day for the past week<3
It'll be up soon. I hear birds chirping. that's a good sign.
I have nooo idea where I put my camera, though, and it makes me upset :|

anyways,
10 subscribers, yay!
now, how are your fingers feeling? good?
good, now you have no excuse not to comment (:
haha, but seriously, it's appreciated.
tell me you hate it.
tell me you love it?
tell me I'm ridiculous for staying up this late.
in the mornin', we will chat (:
for now... I'm going to bed.

oh, and PS: the song in there is your life and mine by just surrender.
I don't own it or anything accociated with it, yadda yadda yadda don't sue me.