Vinyl Records:

Falling Down

"I remember when he first said he loved me." I said to Stella. She was sitting in front of me and we had that kind of crappy day when the only thing you want is to reminisce about the good times, the good things in life.

"I know the story." I heard her say. I sighed and stated it anyway. If I were to be considered void, null, it would be because of Jack. Of him.

"Yeah. I woke up and he sent me a text. I anxiously opened it, hoping for the best. At that point we were friends, if that's what you can call it. He always talked and laughed to other girls, sat with them all the time, but there were small moments when he remembered me too. He came back to me. Always. I guess that's what I liked about him." I started, playing with the straw in my drink.

"Don't we all?" I heard Stella state once again.

"I guess we do. It never hit me that we needed anyone so bad, you know?" I looked at Stella and she sadly looked down and nodded her head. I kept on. " I dressed in the best clothes I got. I never knew how hard it could be to look cute, normal but not like you tried to hard. I think I actually wasted more time on that than on any occasion." I said giggling. A silence fell upon us but I broke it, not wanting for it to unleash my feelings, my thoughts yet again.

"I dressed in jeans, a simple T-shirt and skaters. That was the kind of girl he was looking for. And if he didn't like me as I was, then I was going to mold myself in ways I never thought possible. Only so I could have a fair chance at getting him. We got out of the subway and walked up the stairs to the center of the town. There was an area full of old shops and new ones as well. It was kind of romantic if you ask me. Anyway, I tripped. As I always did back then. It wasn't adorable, although everyone told me it was. It annoyed me. I wanted to be that mysterious, quiet, intelligent and dark woman. Not that bubbly, happy-go-lucky girl everybody saw me as. He bent down, and looked at me with those blue eyes. My breath caught itself in my throat. He smiled at me, and I think I melted. He gave me his hand, and when he lifted me up, he looked me deeply in the eyes, and asked me in a breath "Do you want to be my girlfriend? Because I kind of love you." I remember the earth shaking. I couldn't belive my ears and so I asked him to repeat the question. He did. And I said yes. It was the first meaningful kiss. I loved him. I still do, dammit."

"Me too." Stella said, "Me too."