Vinyl Records:

Last kiss

I was best friends with Stella then. At first, Abigail made her first move. Feeling threatened by Lily, I chose Stella to be my best friend. Then, Abigail stopped fighting and moved on and became real best friends with Lily. An innocent friendship, not tainted by the things I was. I remember the time I was with Stella, Nina and we saw Abigail and Lily sitting on a bench talking. Feeling jealous and prideful of my new found friendship we walked to them, although I knew we didn’t belong at all.

“Hi, Abigail, Lilly.” I said in a prideful voice. They just looked stunned at each other and mumbled a “Hi.”

We sat in an awkward silence, none of us said a word. Lily and Abigail sat amused there and I, feeling annoyed, said to Stella that we have to go somewhere later on that day.

“Where?” Nina asked twirling a strand of her hair.

No response. I just ignored her, and so did Stella.

The look in Nina’s eyes said everything. She couldn’t believe she was being ignored by these two girls who claimed they were her best friends. She was feeling threatened, alone. Like she once did in the fourth grade when she first came.

“Where are you going?” Nina asked again but she was ignored. Again.

Abigail and Lily turned to each other and widened their eyes. They couldn’t believe how rude and crass Stella and I were. In my mind, it was all alright. We said we had to go, and Nina walked with them too, feeling alone for the first time in a while with that group.

Lily and Abigail’s laughter could be heard as we walked away.

Halfway into the banquet, Stella, Nina,I, Dina’s boyfriend and two other guys walked away and sat on the shore of the lake. There, some guy got out drugs and booze and we got high. At our own banquet.

Abigail’s POV

“Abigail, do not go there.” Lily said seriously. I heard what they did. What they were doing. I was going there to stop it, yet Lily kept me back.

“Why? She’s our friend. We have to help her.”

“No, we don’t. Seriously. They’re mean, drunk and high. You’re not going anywhere.” Lily said yet again. I was feeling agitated. My former best friend was getting high and I couldn’t do anything about it. I felt like tearing something up and screaming. Slapping whoever was with them. But I remembered the way she treated me. No way.

“They’re getting high at their own banquet? How cheap and sad.” I said.

“Agreed.” Lily said and we got into the restaurant, yet again.
♠ ♠ ♠
"I couldn't stop, so I swerved to the right. I'll never forget the sound that night"
- J. Frank Wilson