Vinyl Records:

I wish.

This was another day. Yet another day of me spilling my heart out to a girl that used to mean a lot to me. Don't get me wrong, we still were friends, but the awkwardness of the situation made us all cringe. We never really thought of each other as friends, we either were best friends, or not friends at all. So this was bound to be a little bit weird. I could clearly see she tried to make her own attempts of avoiding this, but many words couldn't be spoken between us. Everyone I knew, she knew, and most people she knew, I didn't. But at the chore, we still were the same girls we were 2 years ago. Happy, but with very different perceptions of what that should be.

I glanced down at my outfit. I was still in my pajamas, building up the courage to text Abigail. When I finally reached that, I texted:

Wanna go to the movies? Labor pains is in :)

I waited a few minutes for her reply. I knew she didn't have any money left on her card, so I checked the Internet too. Maybe she replied to me there. My phone was working. Barely. I grew frustrated, but soon my phone started to ring. It was Abigail. She was calling me from her home number. I didn't answer just yet. In stead, I called her a couple of minutes later.

"Abigail? Hey. Sorry I didn't pick up, I wasn't near my phone." I apologized.

"No prob. Yeah, sure. What time?" She answered me quickly. Time is money, especially when you're calling a home number from your cell phone.

"In one hour?" I asked her. I hoped this wasn't too soon. I knew she didn't like it when I made plans in the last second. And this sunny, bright day wasn't exactly the epitome of me being alone. It made me lonely and depressed, I would at least escape that whenever I had the chance. And here was mine.

"Okay, sure. Meet you at my house." She stated sweetly.

"Kay. See you later. Bye."

"Bye." And with that I hanged up. Goodbyes, even through telephone were always awkward for us. People always said "Love you" or "Kisses" at the end, but I noticed about one year ago, that Abigail closed the conversation with a simple yet effective "Bye.". Better that way, not to make things awkward or stutter a thousand of "Byes" before closing the phone.

After playing with my cat for almost 45 minutes, I got ready to dress myself. I chose black flats, denim shorts and a long white blouse with thick blue stripes that tied itself around the waist. I sighed, remembering how Abigail used to be obsessed with belts around the waist. She really had a reason. She had quite a waist. Not wanting to bring me down, I took out my black chain purse, and went out. I put on my imitation of square black Ray-Bans and went out. I took out a cigarette and began puffing it. It always had a way of calming me.

As I reached her house, I waited for her to come down. We talked small talk and went to see a movie. Of course, Labor Pains was later, and neither of us could stay out that long. So we chose a French movie called Ensemble, c'est tout. We really enjoyed the movie. It was beautiful. And it had a really big impact on Abigail too. I could see the twinkling in her eyes, the standard one when she got really excited about something and made big plans. A love story, and a quite realistic one. Both poor, yet happy. God, I wish I could experience that kind of love.

We sat down at a table at Starbucks, after we bought our drinks. I settled for a juice, and Abigail bought herself a Blackberry Tazo Chai. We both tried each other's drinks, and nodded in approval.

"So, you wanna finish this story? Cause I can't quite shut it down." Abigail told me looking at me understandingly.

"No, let's keep going. What do you need to know?" I said puffing at my cigarette.

"Tell me what you want." Abigail said taking out my notebook and a pen.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Cause all they want is a girl who parties hard and doesn't bother to argue, and nobody's worse for the wear - everybody's cool with the "I don't care." "

-The Pink Spiders

Sorry it took so long!
Promise I'll update tomorrow!