Vinyl Records:

Worth it.

"Next thing I knew, the seventh grade came. By that time, you and I were no longer friends." I said smiling sadly at Abigail. "I was a bitch back then, I'm sorry."

She just smiled at me and nodded her head. I saw it. The raw emotion in her eyes. She tried to make it look like it's old news. But it still ate her up inside. She still had questions burning. But she chose to shut up and nod her head. She didn't want to make it worse. Poor her, still thinking about others; even in situations like this.

"I mean, I remember all the times we tried. But back then, it was just impossible. We were two different people. You still were childish, innocent. You wanted to keep holding on to that. But I didn't. I thought those traits made you weak. Caring, loving were things that were simply not for me. Or so I thought." I stopped and took a sip of my drink. Abigail was still scribbling in the small notebook I gave her. I smiled. At least she didn't throw that away.

I looked at her. Looked at how she never changed. All these years, just taught her to be more wise with the friends she chooses. It hardened her skin; but not enough. She still didn't know how to say "no" to people. And frankly, sometimes it pissed me off. But then I remembered, how she got hurt and got things taken away from her because I knew that she'd never stand up to me. Nor say no. I felt like a complete bitch.

"I still remember that day, exactly one year and one month ago. You came to me dressed in baggy jeans and a baggy T-shirt, gasping for breath. I knew something happened. Something worthwhile."

Flashback

"Salls. Salls. Sally!" She shook me and had the biggest smile on her face. I swear, the girl positively gleamed. I raised an eyebrow and giggled at her happiness. She wasn't my friend. But she sure tried. She sure as hell tried. And I was kind to her. For once. For this once.

"Yes, Abigail?" I calmly asked her. She grabbed my hands and rushed me off to the corner of the classroom. I knew she had something to tell me. And I was itching to find out what it was. 'Did she have a boyfriend now?'. I knew I should've been happy. But jealousy was making my eyes green.

"Jack. I talked to Jack, Sally!" At that she laughed and jumped up and down. People were starting to stare already. At that, she abruptly stopped and gazed at me with eyes shining.

"Okay?" I smiled. 'I swear, she's going crazy.' I thought and shaked my head.

"No, Sally. You don't understand. He likes you. He'll tell you next recess. What do you think?" She happily said.

The teacher entered but I felt the air being knocked out of me. My lungs were staring to close, feeling meshed together in a big bowl of surprise. When I finally regained my composure, I frantically asked her: "What?!"

She nodded her head like a maniac and I felt the ends of my lips going down. I didn't like him. As a friend, sure. But as a boyfriend? No. Not yet. I mean, last night we spent two hours talking until both our parents came to pick us up. But that's as far as we ever went.

"Abigail, I don't like him. Not like that. What should I do?!" I was terrified. What was I supposed to say to this poor guy? I didn't believe in this, this thing he talked about.

"Oh, c'mon Sally. I asked him since when he likes you. Guess what he answered me?" Abigail said stifling a giggle. I smiled and I swear, this girl has the ability to make you smile even in the most tense of times. "Laugh, cause he's sitting just a few benches behind us and I promised him I wouldn't tell you." She told me seriously. I laughed a fake laugh.

"He said he liked you since 'that night'. And then I asked him what 'night', right? And he replied, and I quote ' the night I stayed with her'. And I couldn't believe it so I screamed shocked. 'Yesterday?!" At that, I actually laughed. The class seemed to go by in a blur. Next thing I knew, Jack was pulling me by my arm and taking me to the corner of the school.

"I like you, Sally. Will you be my girlfriend? And before you give me an answer; I just want to tell you you're the first girl that made talking seem such fun. So thanks."

I remember thinking 'Oh, how you're not gonna thank me for this.'

"I-I'm sorry, Jack. I-I just have to think about it. S-sorry." I stumbled and went out of there. He got the message. I wasn't going to be his.


Oh, how karma bites you in the ass.
♠ ♠ ♠
"And I hope this makes you happy now,that the flame we had is burning out,and I hope you like your pictures facing down; As even broken hearts may have their doubt"
-Mayday Parade